This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
    I can't believe we won. Great win. I feel like I'm watching the Chargers defense of a few years ago.

The offense is starting to get it's legs under it. Still not there, but close. The protection wasn't good. It's already been mentioned that Proctor is a turd.

I thought Romo had enough time to make some plays on a few occasions but instead he tucked it and just took a 1 or 2 yard gain. Maybe he's trying to stop forcing it? Usually I feel like he would have found someone with that time but I can't complain about him being smart with the ball.

Ravens will be a big challenge. Another game where Romo can't afford to make mistake. I have a feeling Barber still wont be ready to go.

Barber also isn't hitting the holes good right now. Even before his injury he was looking to cut back too often. It's ironic to see him get away from what he does while Choice is pretty much doing what he used to do. I'm surprised the coaches haven't told him to start just hitting the holes again to get his groove back. He also isn't getting the best blocking, but part of the problem is him.

I loved that from Romo, it's rare we see this from him, I know people say they love him being him and taking chances but I'll take yesterday's Romo any week, he made just enough plays and when there was double coverage he tucked it up and took what he could...The play where protection was perfect and he had all day, you know he wanted to chuck that downfield to TO, but he went through his progressions and found Miles Austin across the middle for the 1st down.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Romo pretty much saved the game by hitting the ball out of the endzone and not allowing the Giants to score a TD. That was an underrated play that he won't get too much credit for, but it just goes to show how smart he is even when plays break down.

That other play where he had to pick up the ball on the ground and still got it off to Witten for a 3 yard gain was also vintage Romo.

I agree with other's sentiments already stated that yesterday's Romo, while not being the riverboat gambler that we've seen of him in the past, the mistake free Romo can allow us to win tight games like yesterday and I'll take it.

Comment

• I know it's easy to look at TO and say we didn't need him to win the game. ... and that might even be true for yesterday's game.

However, in the bigger picture, we don't win consistently or in the long run, if we don't have him. His impact is much bigger than his stats may sometimes show. Witten doesn't get single man coverage on 3rd down without TO.

One day, we will not need him. ...and that may be as soon as 2010 after Roy's first full season with us is over. But right now, he is still very much a part of the answer, than not. Maybe one day you'll see the light, Rob.

But I can just see you in 2010 saying, I told you we don't need TO!!! ...and um... by then, you'll be right... and you'll forget that's what we told you in 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          However, in the bigger picture, we don't win consistently or in the long run, if we don't have him. His impact is much bigger than his stats may sometimes show. Witten doesn't get single man coverage on 3rd down without TO.

Very true.

I think we're seeing, in the Giants, what happens when you don't have that big-time WR that defenses have to gameplan.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by shane_man View Post
            Is it worth it against your cap to trade away players when they probably won't fit into your scheme?

The likes of Proctor, Hurd... Maybe Carpenter could net us a few 3rd or 4th round picks... But is it worth it if we have to take a cap hit with each? I know the NFL isn't like the NBA where pieces can be traded around like crazy. Just wondering?

I would love to see us move a few guys around and try and get back into the first round through nothing more then players who might have hit FA anyway...
            Hurd is a FA, Carp has no trade value, and Procter is also a FA who would have zero trade value anyway.

Also, there is no way Choice would open up games w/ Barber and Felix coming in off the bench. That is like some wild pipe dream, completely fictional thinking...That is unheard of and you can bet that the money will play first. Barber just signed a HUGE deal and Felix is a 1st round back making that 1st round money...and he's exceptional, his role is going to increase. Barring injury, it's going to be hard to find Choice carries next year. Maybe a Bradshaw role? But that is still only like 4-5 carriers per game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Here are my notes:

-Good game by Romo. Good to see that toughness.
              -I can't wait to have the real Barber back. He was just a bit tame out there last night.
              -Based on that game, Choice could be a starter in this league IMHO. We're stacked at RB next year, and we're set this year.
              -Our front seven was playing lights out. I think this will be the game we remember as when our defense finally came alive.
              -Orlando Scandrick is going to be a damn good corner.
              -Nice to see Newman making plays.
              -Henry didn't look too shabby at safety. I like it.
              -There were some interesting calls in that game offensively... Like the screen to Bennett. That was unexpected.
              -Ware is the best LB in the game as far as I'm concerned. He's just ridiculous.
              -I liked how Romo was able to pick up on blitzes, adjust, and make a play. The Giants blitzed their corners several times and Romo was able to exploit that.
              -What was that pass interference call early? That was ********.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Seriously what do we do with all these RBs?? Someone is going to get left out next year. All three of the guys we have now have the ability to be starters in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson79 View Post
                  Seriously what do we do with all these RBs?? Someone is going to get left out next year. All three of the guys we have now have the ability to be starters in the league.
                  I think to me the situation that makes the most sense is:

Barber gets 10-15 touches at the beginning and ends of games, and goalline stands.

Felix Jones takes over kick return duties and gets 5-7 touches.

Choice spells Barber and in total gets 5-10 touches.

The Eagles did this a few years ago with Duce Staley, Brian Westbrook, and Corell Buckhalter and it worked great.

Comment

Seriously what do we do with all these RBs?? Someone is going to get left out next year. All three of the guys we have now have the ability to be starters in the league.

As much as I don't like it, I think at some point, we end up trading Choice. I don't think it happens soon. We probably get another year or two out of him, assuming things continue as is with Barber & Felix. However, you've got him signed for several more years so you don't "have" to do anything.
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• ehhhh I am not so sure I am huge fan of rotating three guys. Someone will have to talk me into that. Rotating 2 guys keeps running backs keeps guy plenty fresh as is. 3 seems like overkill and wouldn't allow for guys to get comfortable.

Comment

ehhhh I am not so sure I am huge fan of rotating three guys. Someone will have to talk me into that. Rotating 2 guys keeps running backs keeps guy plenty fresh as is. 3 seems like overkill and wouldn't allow for guys to get comfortable.
                        From what I've seen of Jones and Choice, these two beasts don't need to get into much of a rhythm to get going. They aren't Julius-bot out there. Barber we definitely want to let get into a rhythm, but Jones and Choice can do damage without it from what I've seen.

Comment

• I dont see Barber's carries being reduced to under 15....especially w/ that contract. Also, you cant have Felix only touching the ball 5 or so times...we NEED to get the ball in his hands as much as possible. Choice looks to be the odd one out at the moment. A good problem to have but, I cant see us realistically splitting time between the three.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                            From what I've seen of Jones and Choice, these two beasts don't need to get into much of a rhythm to get going. They aren't Julius-bot out there. Barber we definitely want to let get into a rhythm, but Jones and Choice can do damage without it from what I've seen.
                            haha such a good problem to have when you are arguing about how to divvy up snaps.

Comment

• The Giants have shown us the way to use a 3 back system. We can do it so long as nobody gets selfish. Ward hit a great point though. Choice and Jones don't need to get into a rhythm to showcase their stuff. ...at least from what we've seen so far.

Choice really is our best option between the tackles and going straight up the gut. Barber is an all around back who can cut it to the outside on a dime. Felix is our break away threat.

They all have weaknesses to improve in, but as a whole they really do compliment each other pretty well. I see no reason why we can't follow what the Giants do.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                The Giants have shown us the way to use a 3 back system. We can do it so long as nobody gets selfish. Ward hit a great point though. Choice and Jones don't need to get into a rhythm to showcase their stuff. ...at least from what we've seen so far.

Choice really is our best option between the tackles and going straight up the gut. Barber is an all around back who can cut it to the outside on a dime. Felix is our break away threat.

They all have weaknesses to improve in, but as a whole they really do compliment each other pretty well. I see no reason why we can't follow what the Giants do.
                                What's great is that I don't think there's 3 guys who are more prepared to be a 3-headed monster more than these guys:

Marion Barber - A quiet, humble guy to begin with has been sharing carries since college when it was Laurence Maroney. Then he had to bide his time and share with Julius Jones. He hasn't chirped once. The guy is a true team player.

Felix Jones - Shared carries with college stud Darren McFadden, and to my knowledge never made a peep about it. Put his head down, did his own thing, and became a first rounder in his own right. Knows that sharing is caring!

Tashard Choice -

Enough said.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information