Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Romo pretty much saved the game by hitting the ball out of the endzone and not allowing the Giants to score a TD. That was an underrated play that he won't get too much credit for, but it just goes to show how smart he is even when plays break down.

    That other play where he had to pick up the ball on the ground and still got it off to Witten for a 3 yard gain was also vintage Romo.

    I agree with other's sentiments already stated that yesterday's Romo, while not being the riverboat gambler that we've seen of him in the past, the mistake free Romo can allow us to win tight games like yesterday and I'll take it.
    What the hell happened to the OL on that play?! They didn't even move!


    In Bob We Trust

    John Madden's wedding video business

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Modano View Post
      What the hell happened to the OL on that play?! They didn't even move!
      Did you see Cory Proctor... ? He was so clueless. I had to shake my head in disbelief.

      Comment


      • It's because Gurode messed up the snap count...it wasnt Procter or Flozell's fault.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Did you see Cory Proctor... ? He was so clueless. I had to shake my head in disbelief.
          Great signature, man :D
          Procter was embarassed so bad by one of the Giants DTs on one play during the first half. He didn't even try to block him...


          In Bob We Trust

          John Madden's wedding video business

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

          Comment


          • Personally, the only OL I have seen to play well this year is Colombo.

            Bigg has looked like he is stuck in cement at times. Very disappointed in him given his abilities.

            Gurode still has mental lapses and is not very good changing pass blocking schemes when the blitz comes -- frankly I don't think he is very bright. Romo is usually doing all the coordination.

            Flo is shot as a top tier tackle. Can't drive block and his penalties are forever maddening.

            Quite frankly for all of Kosier's problems -- he does what he does well and in a different blocking scheme he excels.

            Comment


            • Here's my predictions on our pro bowlers this year.

              Romo
              Witten
              Gurode
              Davis
              Adams
              Ware
              Ratliff
              James
              Folk

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I know it's easy to look at TO and say we didn't need him to win the game. ... and that might even be true for yesterday's game.

                However, in the bigger picture, we don't win consistently or in the long run, if we don't have him. His impact is much bigger than his stats may sometimes show. Witten doesn't get single man coverage on 3rd down without TO.

                One day, we will not need him. ...and that may be as soon as 2010 after Roy's first full season with us is over. But right now, he is still very much a part of the answer, than not. Maybe one day you'll see the light, Rob.

                But I can just see you in 2010 saying, I told you we don't need TO!!! ...and um... by then, you'll be right... and you'll forget that's what we told you in 2008.
                Be careful or he'll tell you, you dont know anything about football.




                The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                  Be careful or he'll tell you, you dont know anything about football.
                  The fact no one other than fannie boys think TO is helping is enuff for me to know my opinions of him are correct.

                  As I said, yesterday he did nothing and we won. Why? D played well. ST played fine. Romo made no turnovers.

                  That is a winning equation.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                    The fact no one other than fannie boys think TO is helping is enuff for me to know my opinions of him are correct.

                    As I said, yesterday he did nothing and we won. Why? D played well. ST played fine. Romo made no turnovers.

                    That is a winning equation.
                    I do believe we can win without TO. But I don't deny the kind of impact he brings. Just because we win and the guy doesn't have mind boggling stats doesn't mean he didn't affect the game or the way we were able to play. Do you get that?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I do believe we can win without TO. But I don't deny the kind of impact he brings. Just because we win and the guy doesn't have mind boggling stats doesn't mean he didn't affect the game or the way we were able to play. Do you get that?
                      I would ask you how he impacted the game yesterday and you would tell me "he threatened" with the deep ball. I could get any fast receiver to do that for less money and headaches. I have no idea why it is hard for people to understand .....

                      a) He runs bad routes -- rounds them out, breaks them, etc
                      b) He does not run deep Ins anymore and frequently alligator arms them unless dead wide open.
                      c) He has bad hands and drops lots of passes
                      d) He is a below average blocker.
                      e) He can't break press coverage
                      f) He takes 3-4 seconds to get open and needs too much time to accelerate
                      g) He does not break Tackles anymore
                      h) He has the personality of a flea.

                      This is not the TO of Philly or even of BP's first year. His physical skills have greatly diminished. As an old saying goes "All great fighters still have one great fight in them." TO will have a few decent games but he can't sustain and he has trouble versus top teams.

                      So, I understand alright what you feel but you are wrong.

                      Father time catches up with everyone, no matter how pretty his pecks and thighs are.

                      If 30 Year Old TO wasn't worth it -- 35 even less.
                      Last edited by johnstonolb; 12-15-2008, 07:03 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                        I would ask you how he impacted the game yesterday and you would tell me "he threatened" with the deep ball.

                        I could get any fast receiver to do that for less money and headaches.

                        I have no idea why it is hard for people to understand

                        a) He runs bad routes -- rounds them out, breaks them, etc
                        b) He does not run deep Ins anymore and frequently alligator arms them unless dead wide open.
                        c) He has bad hands and drops lots of passes
                        d) He is a below average blocker.
                        e) He can't break press coverage
                        f) He takes 3-4 seconds to get open and needs too much time to accelerate
                        g) He does not break Tackles anymore
                        h) He has the personality of a flea.

                        This is not the TO of Philly or even of BP's first year. His physical skills have greatly diminished.

                        As an old saying goes "All great fighters still have one great fight in them." TO will have a few decent games but he can't sustain and he has trobule versus top teams.

                        So, I understand alright but you are wrong.
                        He draws the double team and teams plan their game around him. Giving other targets a 1 on 1 match up. Thats how he impacted the game.


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bantx View Post
                          He draws the double team and teams plan their game around him. Giving other targets a 1 on 1 match up. Thats how he impacted the game.
                          Yes, I have heard this but frankly most of the time the Safety over the top is free to check other assignments while keeping an eye on the Chevy Nova getting to top speed. Top Speed 145, 0 - 60 in Ten Seconds.

                          Fact is if he did such a great job of occupying Safeties, the other WRs would have more catches and catches for big yards.

                          Put Austin out there and he will do the same and even catch a few down the middle too.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                            Yes, I have heard this but frankly most of the time the Safety over the top is free to check other assignments while keeping an eye on the Chevy Nova getting to top speed.

                            Fact is if he did such a great job of occupying Safeties, the other WRs would have more catches and catches for big yards.

                            Put Austin out there and he will do the same and even catch a few down the middle too.
                            That couldve happened a lot if Romo wasnt on his back half the time.


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bantx View Post
                              He draws the double team and teams plan their game around him. Giving other targets a 1 on 1 match up. Thats how he impacted the game.
                              How is it Calvin Johnson with ZERO help seems to get it done but TO needs and army of guys to help him get his stats?

                              CJ has no running game, no line, no QB and yet ...... same with Andre Johnson in Texas.

                              Young man's game girls.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bantx View Post
                                That couldve happened a lot if Romo wasnt on his back half the time.
                                I saw plenty of five and seven steps drops where Romo patted the ball once or twice and TO still was huffing and puffing downfield with maybe half a step on a defender.... and the issue is his hands and disposition are not good enuff for Romo to just throw it up there.

                                0 - 60 Ten Seconds
                                61 - 150 Four Seconds

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information