Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They said the same thing two years ago inre: Lewis. Didn't happen. It won't happen now.

All that being said, I'm not sure I'd even want to see Ray Lewis in Dallas. I think we should save the money, give Burnett/Carpenter a chance, and spread the money elsewhere.

How's my new sig, btw?
    Last edited by BX; 01-19-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
      .....they already hired their replacement...and Garrett isn't going to move laterally.
      God damnit!!!!

BoneKrusher

Comment

• posted this in the nfl thread...just bringing it here also

on ray ray

This must hold some substance.

Dallas was rumored to be in the Ray Ray sweepstakes when Ray wasn't happy in Balt.

So I definitely think there is something behind this.

One thing that we have to be careful about and has been talked about above is the OL he is going to face.

Wade runs a one-gap scheme so if a team chooses to quick down then up on the LB he is going to be facing those situations if he comes to dallas. Bradie James actually was reported this year after the season how much different parcells and Wade's schemes were because he say OG in his gap so much more often.

Another thing that doesn't make a whole lot of sense scheme wise is the fact that Ray Ray is a guy that brings it in the hole....noone does it better. Yet playing the WILB position he will be playing a role that Donnie Edwards played in SD. Now Wade is flexible and works his schemes around his players....but you don't want Ray Ray in coverage more than supporting the run.

Here is what I think is the deal. Dallas wants a change...they have started weaving out the trash. They want players with heart. Who better than Ray Lewis to get a team going. Dallas brought in Zach Thomas last year thinking he would be "that guy" however when asked about it Thomas said he didn't wanna come and steal the thunder he wanted to "just fit in".

Thomas came out after the game against philly and said he would move on from here...then the next day said that it was emotions and he was still weighing his options. So that would likely be the first thing that happens.

Count me in as curious to see how this develops.

Also remember looking at FA and the draft...their really isn't a great fit for our WILB position. So looking at it from that perspective....Ray Ray could be the best option to address quite possibly our biggest need this offseason. using this logic the move would make sense.

Comment

• I still like Frantz Joseph, but that is a pipe dream.

Comment

• I've read that Canty is looking for Tommy Kelly money...

thoughts on tagging him and waiting for the uncapped year to make him an offer?

I don't see how we can give him a deal like Tommy Kellys. He should have something in the neighborhood of Ratliff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
              I've read that Canty is looking for Tommy Kelly money...

thoughts on tagging him and waiting for the uncapped year to make him an offer?

I don't see how we can give him a deal like Tommy Kellys. He should have something in the neighborhood of Ratliff.
              Tagging him will cost more in 2009 then a new contract.

Comment

• Let Canty go and spend the money on Ray Lewis. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  I still like Frantz Joseph, but that is a pipe dream.
                  Why? He looks like a good middle round pick at this point, if he's there around the 5th sign me up, especially if we can get Ray Ray here and give him 2 years to be solid depth...That's one of those positions I want to look for a future replacement that could be ready in a few years, and Joseph already looks like a Bradie James clone in a sense but he could use the time for added bulk.

Ray is probably more of a pipe dream, but if we sign him then I really want to take a flier on a highly rated ILB prospect that maybe slid, who better to learn from then one of the best MLB's of all time.

I say we just let Canty walk, we can maybe look for someone like Ron Brace who can play NT and move Ratliff outside or move Spears inside more, but all we really need is one body this draft, and see what values are available in Free Agency the next few years.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Canty isn't worth blockbuster money, so if he's being greedy, then let him walk. I mean, he did ok for us this season. We probably could've had Kenyon Coleman all year and got similar results.

Comment

• If Canty really does want that kind of money, why don't we let his ass walk, then just sign Olshansky for less. He and Wade already have familiarity, so it's a given he'd be a perfect replacement. Or hell, why don't we just save the money and just give Jason Hatcher his chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        If Canty really does want that kind of money, why don't we let his ass walk, then just sign Olshansky for less. He and Wade already have familiarity, so it's a given he'd be a perfect replacement. Or hell, why don't we just save the money and just give Jason Hatcher his chance.
                        Forgot Hatcher even existed. LOL. Yeah, give him his chance. It's now or never.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Forgot Hatcher even existed. LOL. Yeah, give him his chance. It's now or never.
                          I think everyone at Valley Ranch did too.

I remember Jason Hatcher.

Comment

• I remember a line that consisted of Bowen/Tank/Hatcher....Bowen was the only guy on that line that did anything. Hatcher is a scrub so far....Chris Canty needs to be kept or replaced with someone as equally or more talented than he is....our DL is already a weakness...we can't lose a solid player and have trash behind him.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                              I remember a line that consisted of Bowen/Tank/Hatcher....Bowen was the only guy on that line that did anything. Hatcher is a scrub so far....Chris Canty needs to be kept or replaced with someone as equally or more talented than he is....our DL is already a weakness...we can't lose a solid player and have trash behind him.
                              What does it say that you'd rather import a pricey FA than see the fruits of our drafting labors come to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                                What does it say that you'd rather import a pricey FA than see the fruits of our drafting labors come to be?
                                We rotated our DL all year....we have been doing it for two years now....and Hatcher hasn't made an impact yet...Bowen out played him hands down with the same amount of snaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information