Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas news has a blog post about trading for Boldin. Of course, it's not likely this gets done, but how about this idea.

First, you have to release TO.

Then give AZ your 3rd rounder and T. Choice for Boldin. That might actually be a deal that both teams could live with.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Great, so we end up with Boldin and Williams...

2 WR's who cant make it through an entire season, yet command top dollar.

I love Boldin because he has the work ethic and determination that Williams lacks. However, when we gave up a 1, 3, and 5 for Williams -- we chose him over Boldin and Chad Johnson.

Miles Austin will cost a fraction as much and has the potential to be as good as Boldin IMO.

Comment

• I do like Austin. I too think he is on the verge of blowing up!

I don't think it's doable at all, but it's an interesting sports conversation.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Oh I'm not dogging you at all...

I've just seen the DMN bloggers writing about this and it makes me question how these guys get jobs as the leading Cowboy beat writers.

It's just completely stupid to think the Cowboys would acquire Boldin through a trade.

It's honestly "madden like" thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
            Dallas news has a blog post about trading for Boldin. Of course, it's not likely this gets done, but how about this idea.

First, you have to release TO.

Then give AZ your 3rd rounder and T. Choice for Boldin. That might actually be a deal that both teams could live with.
            I like that deal for Arizona too much, I wouldn't like anything that involved giving up Choice, I'd rather trade Barber for an elite WR and give up a smaller draft pick...Choice is the type of player we need more of in Valley Ranch, I have no doubt he's going to be working hard this off-season and down the line I can see him as a leader of this team.

Felix has that same team personality, love guys like that, and I think I am looking forward too much to a backfield rotation of Choice and Felix to let him go right now.

That article for Boldin was pointless, and I agree with Burns the ceiling on Austin is pretty high, I'm excited about getting him re-signed and letting him flourish as a solid #2 starter outside of Roy...He needs to show me he can stay healthy, but he certainly surprised the hell out of me and I don't think we've seen the best of him.

Roy and Boldin would be too much, you don't need two #1 WR especially when you have the best TE in the game and a running game that should feature 3 backs getting their touches.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I like that deal for Arizona too much, I wouldn't like anything that involved giving up Choice, I'd rather trade Barber for an elite WR and give up a smaller draft pick...Choice is the type of player we need more of in Valley Ranch, I have no doubt he's going to be working hard this off-season and down the line I can see him as a leader of this team.
              I like Choice, too. My point, though, is that AZ wouldn't take Barber because of the contract. They would come near doing the deal with Choice because he's going to play at a pretty high level at a cheap salary for next several years.

Felix has that same team personality, love guys like that, and I think I am looking forward too much to a backfield rotation of Choice and Felix to let him go right now.
              I love em, too. I just though that the only way to get it done since we don't have a 1st rounder is something that another team would really want. Choice is that type of player.

I'm certainly not looking to get rid of him, but if you could get Boldin for Choice and a 3rd, I think you have to give that some serious thought.

That article for Boldin was pointless, and I agree with Burns the ceiling on Austin is pretty high, I'm excited about getting him re-signed and letting him flourish as a solid #2 starter outside of Roy...He needs to show me he can stay healthy, but he certainly surprised the hell out of me and I don't think we've seen the best of him.

Roy and Boldin would be too much, you don't need two #1 WR especially when you have the best TE in the game and a running game that should feature 3 backs getting their touches.

I like Austin a lot, too. I think we would be fine going into next year without TO.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Why the hell has everyone soured on Barber?

Comment

• Anyone else have a pit in their stomach right now?

Comment

• I just found myself getting mad during the SB....thinking of our dysfunctional mess of a team. I dont have all that much faith for next year either, not with Garrett still in charge of the play calling. Keeping Garrett has already destroyed my off-season grade for our team. Color me worried already. blah.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      I just found myself getting mad during the SB....thinking of our dysfunctional mess of a team. I dont have all that much faith for next year either, not with Garrett still in charge of the play calling. Keeping Garrett has already destroyed my off-season grade for our team. Color me worried already. blah.
                      I'm expecting around 8-9 wins again, but we as fans don't have much reason to expect things like penalties, the December woes, or any of that to change...It's going to be an interesting year, but I certainly have my expectations alot lower unless some more big changes happen in the next few months.

Sucks that this year the NFC was wide open and we blew it, we battled with Pitt earlier this year, and with some discipline and coaching we could of made a legit run.

At least our Defense should be looking up next year, I just hope we cut Roy Williams(SS) & Greg Ellis, that's a good start, a few Free Agents could do the trick but can we afford Igor AND Ray Lewis? Don't think both are likely, if even one, so who knows.

Comment

• Mabye if we go into the season thinking that we're an 8 win team, then maybe we'll have a happier time cheering for them. Is that your guy's trick? :D

Comment

• Some interesting reading here regarding the Cowboys maybe bringing in Dan Reeves and also about Burnett and Canty. http://www.star-telegram.com/281/story/1183053.html

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Mabye if we go into the season thinking that we're an 8 win team, then maybe we'll have a happier time cheering for them. Is that your guy's trick? :D
                            Playing it safe, keeping expectations low so there won't be as huge of a let down this time around lol.

But seriously I really like the whole bringing in of Reeves, and reports are that he has already moved into an office...Granted there has been no reports of this or what his title will be, or what he will be involved with but I'd like to think it will be some of everything.

Head coach in waiting, and offensive mind to help out Jason Garrett and enable him to be more creative, create some stability and chemistry, have a say in personnel moves with Jerry so he's not just completely gung-ho.

He was around in the Landry days, he has alot of respect for this organization and I really think he knows what it takes to right the ship somewhat, and I think we could use help in all those areas, frankly a "consultant" is probably exactly what this team needed or at least a great start.

Preferrably I'd like for him to stay as a consultant and not a HC again, but I think that's only an option if we start terrible this year, but I would really like for him to be involved in offensive game-planning and play calling.

Comment

• MAN, I AM PISSED!!!

I went to the Pro Bowl practice today and was a couple people away from getting my authentic Ware jersey signed by Damarcus. Damnit!!!!! I thought I was gonna get him to sign it for real.. then he just bolted away back to the bus. GAHHHHHH...

Comment

• Dan Reeves now has an office at valley ranch...weird

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...an-Reeves.html

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information