This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    ....who is going to play in passing situations?
    James (no other choice) and a combination of Barbie and random guys we draft in the middle rounds. There's not much else to go to, really. Who else were we supposed to sign that cheap?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Roy Williams?
      I forgot about this....hmmm I think you're right...depending on how we finish FA off with here....I could definately see him playing that "rover" position again if he is still on the team. Yuck tho...we really should have made a run at Boley tho...5 years 25 million for a guy who is just entering his prime....It makes me sick to think we still haven't addressed our three needs yet.

Comment

I forgot about this....hmmm I think you're right...depending on how we finish FA off with here....I could definately see him playing that "rover" position again if he is still on the team. Yuck tho...we really should have made a run at Boley tho...5 years 25 million for a guy who is just entering his prime....It makes me sick to think we still haven't addressed our three needs yet.
        Atlanta didn't make much of a run at him, and they're the ones with the most knowledge of his (apparent) deteriorating skill. He looked like he was on his way to stardom, but ask Falcons fans, he had really been on a slide recently. You would imagine that in their situation, they wouldn't be in any position to let linebackers go, and they were pretty comfortable letting him walk for what seems to be a fairly cheap contract.

I don't see how Roy Williams in coverage brings any comfort to anyone. If he played a LB position, he'd still have to be covering TE's and the occasional RB.

Comment

• Canty just signed with the Giants. 6 years $42mi with $17.25 in guaranteed money.

So what do we do at DE now? It obviously has to be a top priority in the draft unless we sign someone.

Comment

• Igor is still available...I haven't heard anything about him...good thing is that after the weekend...if a FA is still sitting out there he is seeing the dollars get smaller...which means we could make a move or two as the prices decrease.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
              Canty just signed with the Giants. 6 years $42mi with $17.25 in guaranteed money.

So what do we do at DE now? It obviously has to be a top priority in the draft unless we sign someone.
              Wow, that is a GIGANTIC salary for him. He doesn't deserve that. Roughly $7M per? Wow. LOL.

Comment

Igor is still available...I haven't heard anything about him...good thing is that after the weekend...if a FA is still sitting out there he is seeing the dollars get smaller...which means we could make a move or two as the prices decrease.
                I'd like Igor and Sean Jones or Jermaine Philips.

Comment

• Honest thoughts on Canty?

I was never a big fan. Many of you might recall me calling him overrated several times. He's a good run stuffer but not much of pass rusher as far as im concerned. I don't see him routinely getting double teams either.

Whats your thoughts on him?

My hope as a Giants fan is our dline coach, Mike Waufle, who is the best in the business, gets him to realize his potential and make the most of him. Also, with our Dends demanding so much attention, hopefully that will make Canty look better than he really is as a pass rusher.

Comment

• Also, wow, some headscratchers by Dallas this offseason.

I don't agree with a lot of things theyre doing. Brooking and Kitna were terrible signings, and I don't think Felix should start over Barber.

Let's be realistic...Felix had 30 carries last season. 30. Thats it. And he went down with injury.

You want to make that guy the starter? Why not 10 touches a game? Starter? I don't get it.

Bad idea imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Also, wow, some headscratchers by Dallas this offseason.

I don't agree with a lot of things theyre doing. Brooking and Kitna were terrible signings, and I don't think Felix should start over Barber.

Let's be realistic...Felix had 30 carries last season. 30. Thats it. And he went down with injury.

You want to make that guy the starter? Why not 10 touches a game? Starter? I don't get it.

Bad idea imo.

Let's not get carried away nothing has officially been said on the Felix starting thing, but even still that's just a title, he may "start" but he's not going to get 25 carries a game, it'll still be a RBBC just break it down however you want.

He can handle more then 10 touches a game and he's going into his 2nd year, he doesn't need to be brought along slow at a position as easy as RB.

As far as Kitna I definately wouldn't call it terrible, we needed a back-up as priority and if we were going to cut Henry to keep cost down no biggie...We still have 3 very good corners, and the same hole at SS anyway, Henry wasn't anything special if you have watched him recently...I wanted to see if he could handle safety but he won't be missed at corner what so ever.

Don't like what's going on with Brooking if we let Burnett go but I'll see how that one plays out, considering what we got from Zach last year it won't really be a huge difference one way or another to be honest, we are still drafting an ILB and hopefully someone that unseats him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Honest thoughts on Canty?

I was never a big fan. Many of you might recall me calling him overrated several times. He's a good run stuffer but not much of pass rusher as far as im concerned. I don't see him routinely getting double teams either.

Whats your thoughts on him?

My hope as a Giants fan is our dline coach, Mike Waufle, who is the best in the business, gets him to realize his potential and make the most of him. Also, with our Dends demanding so much attention, hopefully that will make Canty look better than he really is as a pass rusher.

I think his versatility will be huge on the Giants D-line, he's going to have a role similiar to Justin Tuck, he's a good pass rushing DT that can still hold his own agains the run and I think he could line up as a LDE and be a force...He looked a little hot and cold this year, came on stronger late, but I've always liked what he brought to the table.

From what I saw he was good at engaging and shedding blocks and he's not just a mass of space, he can get after the QB from the end spot and disrupt the run as well...He has alot of versatility so I think he'll fit in well with a rotation of guys, won't be hard to find a niche for him, he was just asking for too much from a position that traditionally shouldn't be that hard to find or develop...He's not an elite pass-rusher but he's got long arms and can definately put some pressure on the QB.

In the unlikely event Gilbert last to our pick I'll most likely be upset we lost him, but we did manage to get Ratliff and he's far more important to this defensive line.
                        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 03-01-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Burnett had a final falling out contract situation with Dallas, just prior to the Brooking deal and has an official visit with the Raiders.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• California is home and Oakland will probably give him more than anyone else.

I wish I knew what went on in these contract negotiations. I just don't see how Wade or Jerry wouldn't have wanted him back. KB seems like he makes things so much easier on the defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Burnett had a final falling out contract situation with Dallas, just prior to the Brooking deal and has an official visit with the Raiders.
                              If he gets close to the same sort of deal we gave Brooking I'll be pissed.

Comment

• Interview with Jerry will be on 'The Score' here shortly for those in the area, I'm tuned in.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information