This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
    If all this just happened a day earlier, a guy like Lavernaus Coles would of been perfect.
    We don't have money for him... I worry about his lengthy injury history. The guy plays the game hard... too hard. It's what I like about him though.

I'm tellin ya guys... Brandon Tate in Round 4. Make it happen Jerry!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      We don't have money for him... I worry about his lengthy injury history. The guy plays the game hard... too hard. It's what I like about him though.

I'm tellin ya guys... Brandon Tate in Round 4. Make it happen Jerry!
      I think a guy like Tate in 4 is a steal.

He plays big.

Comment

• I don't even go to BTB anymore since Grizz picked up extra writers...he didn't progress at all and SBnation is a site we could write on if we wanted. He definately doesn't have inside sources.

Lets think this one logically...Scandrick...who was money in our inside packages all year gets moved to safety....we have **** for depth now behind him....and this draft class isn't a great CB class....seems almost boom/bust.

Maybe I'm stubborn...but a player that shows that type of progession in one year doesn't deserve to be moved.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          I don't even go to BTB anymore since Grizz picked up extra writers...he didn't progress at all and SBnation is a site we could write on if we wanted. He definately doesn't have inside sources.

Lets think this one logically...Scandrick...who was money in our inside packages all year gets moved to safety....we have **** for depth now behind him....and this draft class isn't a great CB class....seems almost boom/bust.

Maybe I'm stubborn...but a player that shows that type of progession in one year doesn't deserve to be moved.
          No I fully agree with you... Stupid move to try and take Scandrick out of a position he excelled in last year. Do we really want Alan Ball in the slot? We'll get killed all day. He's risky enough as the #4 guy. If any of the cb's will be tried out there, why not him?

I also agree with BTB going down the shitter. The first crop of writers Grizz added were crap. Always writing short stories with no real analysis. These new guys he has are also crap, the only difference is that Rafeal Vela overdoes the analysis and acts like a complete know it all.

It's evident to me that he is one of those "my **** dont stink" bloggers, who thinks he's a lot smarter and more knowledgeable about the game than he actually is. He is consistently posting ideas that we have been kicking around here for months. He brings up names of guys with falling stock in the draft and overrates them constantly... just a bunch of dumb thoughts.

For example, the 3-3-5 or 46 variations we were running that BBD was all hyped about was Vela's focal piece a few weeks ago. We had that broken down by mid season last year.

Anyway, If I wanted to take the time to do research and check my grammer, I could be one of the writers for BTB (and I don't know **** compared to quite a few people in here). It's just a lot better to come in here and throw out opinions and ideas and read what draft/nfl savvy people think about different issues.

Comment

• If we were to get any receiver, I hope it would be Heyward Bey. I'm dreaming though lol.

Comment

• This is the best cowboys board on the net....no doubt about it...even paid subscription to scout was a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                OK, it's true. The Dallas Cowboys have definitively talked to Orlando Scandrick about playing some free safety this season. The word is that in certain packages Scandrick will play free safety and that Ken Hamlin will be moving over to the strong safety position.

I have this information from a source that is close to the Cowboys and I believe that it is absolutely accurate. It's not sure yet whether it will be a full-time move or only in some of the new packages on defense the Cowboys are installing. But believe it, they have already discussed this with Scandrick and they are planning to do it.

per BTB

I heard this somewhere else, was pretty shocked...Don't see why you wanna move a guy was played so well at Corner in his rookie year, but maybe they see something in him that means he can make the move and be a very good starter...Then were still VERY thin with only two decent corners if we make that happen and I don't want a rookie corner in our slot formations, I think a rookie safety would fare better with 3 very good man coverage corners and some pressure.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• The only tiny bit of logic behind this is the fact that we'd be able to find a nickel/dime corner later in the draft than a starting safety....but thats IT.

Comment

This is the best cowboys board on the net....no doubt about it...even paid subscription to scout was a joke.
                    I really appreciate the opinions/knowledge/news that is shared here. We all bring something different, but we're still able to express things maturely and passionately at the same time. Best board on the net because of the people here. I've said this before... but we could honestly form a clan and attack any other Cowboys board on the net and make them look like idiodic homers if we wanted to. *I admit that sounded a g ay. lmao who cares.
                    Last edited by D-Unit; 03-06-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I really appreciate the opinions/knowledge/news that is shared here. We all bring something different, but we're still able to express things maturely and passionately at the same time. Best board on the net because of the people here. I've said this before... but we could honestly form a clan and attack any other Cowboys board on the net and make them look like idiodic homers if we wanted to.
                      I'm totally behind this. I know I've talked about it in the past...but the redsox have a board where members have to apply like a job just to get in and be able to post. I honestly thought that it would be great to start one of them up. We would probably still have guys like kwhy and lsu and dmw posting had we been able to control who posts.

Comment

I'm totally behind this. I know I've talked about it in the past...but the redsox have a board where members have to apply like a job just to get in and be able to post. I honestly thought that it would be great to start one of them up. We would probably still have guys like kwhy and lsu and dmw posting had we been able to control who posts.
                        Those guys belong in our Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Ring of Honor. :)

Comment

Those guys belong in our Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Ring of Honor. :)
                          After I get in with my new job I have a big idea for cowboys fans...but that is probably looking like a regular season launch.

Comment

Nope. Don't like it. We don't need a replacement for TO. We simply need an unselfish complimentary receiver. Boldin is not that guy. Roy is selfish enough... I wouldn't be surprised to see him being a cry baby if balls aren't thrown his way enough. I mean let's be real. He's always been that way.
                            I think Roy was more that way because of the frustrating situation in Detriot. No matter what he tried to do to rally the team by getting excited and making plays, it never worked because, plain and simple, Detroit sucks!

Now that Roy has a good QB and some time to work with him before the season, he will just perform! (at least that is my dier hope)
                            2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                            - Cleveland Browns GM
                            - Dallas Cowboys GM
                            - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
                              I think Roy was more that way because of the frustrating situation in Detriot. No matter what he tried to do to rally the team by getting excited and making plays, it never worked because, plain and simple, Detroit sucks!

Now that Roy has a good QB and some time to work with him before the season, he will just perform! (at least that is my dier hope)
                              He also said Detroit worked harder and blocked down the field better. He said he was going to bring that work ethic to camp this year. Its time for Roy to step up, I'll be rooting for him.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I was reading the post on DMN the was about Romo getting cut by Ross Tucker. At first I laughed....but then I started to think. What if Romo doesn't perform...what happens if we underperform again. Is it a problem of coaching?

That got me thinking...although the cap hit is something like 10million next year...I have a feeling if we flop and you blame it on Tony...he could actually be gone. Now obviously I don't see this happening...but I thought it'd be interesting to discuss.

Obviously if we flop again Wade is demoted or out...and Garrett isn't promoted...which means imo Shanny comes into town.

there are two prolific NFL QB's that would make sense imo. Jay Cutler....haha doubt it would work...but depending on if the relationship is mended this year....we have a QB to offer for compensation...so it could happen. And believe me I love me some Jay Cutler.

Second option that pops into my head is Carson Palmer. Now he also has a big cap hit...but another losing season and probably a new coaching staff could lead him to being able to be moved. Once again he has expressed interest in being the Dallas Cowboys QB...and would be an interesting option.

Just playing the hypothetical game here....if we flop in 2009 and don't make the playoffs...which is possible in this brutal division that only got better....would you want Romo as your QB? This of course is based on the assumption that Romo would have done bad enough down the stretch to warrant Jerry Jones to cut him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information