Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What number is Olshansky going to wear?

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      After reading more comments from Jerry today, it has become apparent to me that my initial gut feeling on why T.O. was released was spot on.

Romo threw him under the bus.

I was skeptical about this being about other guys getting an opportunity. We basically run a pass first/heavy offense that give everyone a fair shot to contribute. T.O. had 1500 yards, Witten had 1000, and Crayton had 700 just 2 years ago.

We could have easily seen Owens 1100, Williams 1100, and Witten right around 1000 this year had they been given the chance.

Then Jerry comes out initially and says the decision to cut T.O. had nothing to do with chemistry and had everything to do with giving RW and Austin a chance to shine. I have no problem with this, but it wasn't the truth.

The truth is in this quote below:

"I think that sense I am quick to focus on that we want to do everything we can to have Romo play his best and made the decision to release Terrell," Jones said, "then I must have thought it gives Tony a better chance to play at the optimum for the Cowboys."

My feeling is that the entire decision on what to do with T.O. was up to Romo. Jerry basically said "Do you want him on the team?" and Tony said no.
      Look, JJ had to say all that.

Did you really think the original reasons given were the real ones?

It was pretty clear to just about everyone, IMO, that the deicsion was all about helping Romo become the true leader of this team.

Jerry also made a point to say he wouldn't trade Romo for anyone in the league.

Clearly this team is Romo's now.

My question to the rest of the Cowboy faithful is this:

Do you trust him to be the guy who carries the team on his shoulders? Do you think he can carry that load? Can he handle running the most transparent and media accessible team in the NFL, all while having a TMZ romance on the side? Can he be the same guy without Owens, or is he a product of Owens? Do you think he can be the leader of this team?
      Absolutely! 110%! I think Romo will win a SB for us; no question in my mind.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Great article from JJT about our practice squad player WR Travis Wilson.

It's really a touching story, and I knew Travis pretty well, he was a WR for Carrollton Creekview and I was a WR for Carrollton Turner, we graduated the same class, he was a humble hard working kid and his career looked like it was going to take off after his Junior year at OU...His mom was also a teacher at my school and was one of my favorite teachers ever.

I don't know if he makes a short term impact, but he has some size and tools and I wouldn't mind giving him a year to see what he does in light of recent events.

What's ironic, is the other practice squad DB we picked up a few months back Michael Hawkins, he played with me on that Turner 02 squad and him and Travis went at it for 2 years lol, it was fun to see...We ended up playing them in a playoff game once and Hawk ended up getting kicked out for throwing blows against Travis early in that game and they always seemed to go at it, so it's just interesting that those battles will still be going on the next level, both those guys had so much talent and I couldn't be happier that they have a shot with the home town team.

My prayers are with Travis' family though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Great article from JJT about our practice squad player WR Travis Wilson.

It's really a touching story, and I knew Travis pretty well, he was a WR for Carrollton Creekview and I was a WR for Carrollton Turner, we graduated the same class, he was a humble hard working kid and his career looked like it was going to take off after his Junior year at OU...His mom was also a teacher at my school and was one of my favorite teachers ever.

I don't know if he makes a short term impact, but he has some size and tools and I wouldn't mind giving him a year to see what he does in light of recent events.

What's ironic, is the other practice squad DB we picked up a few months back Michael Hawkins, he played with me on that Turner 02 squad and him and Travis went at it for 2 years lol, it was fun to see...We ended up playing them in a playoff game once and Hawk ended up getting kicked out for throwing blows against Travis early in that game and they always seemed to go at it, so it's just interesting that those battles will still be going on the next level, both those guys had so much talent and I couldn't be happier that they have a shot with the home town team.

My prayers are with Travis' family though.
          Dude that is really cool! It makes the practice squad a whole lot more interesting this year, that's for sure.
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Good article on Jerry.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2009/...-and-the-great

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              Builds a false straw-man to then knock it down.

The arguments he builds are incorrect and then he goes about saying they are incorrect.

Seen better.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                What number is Olshansky going to wear?
                I'd guess 99.

Comment

• Originally posted by gafyobop View Post

The arguments he builds are incorrect and then he goes about saying they are incorrect.

Seen better.
                  Yeah I'm not really a fan of the BTB columns anymore. I do like their dedication to the team's latest news, but the columns are bleh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                    Yeah I'm not really a fan of the BTB columns anymore. I do like their dedication to the team's latest news, but the columns are bleh.
                    I disagree, after following along with DMN Cowboys blogs and Cowboys Corner BTB is like a breath of fresh air...They have new post alot more frequent, the comments are respectable and intelligent, and the post give you some insight that the other sites don't do.

I check up on quite a few Cowboys forums and I'm very thankful for BTB, gives me some good reading when I'm bored and they get into topics other sites don't cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by gafyobop View Post

Seen better.
                      I disagree.

I've heard every single one of those things used as a criticism of Jones and the Cowboys. I think he makes a solid case that those criticisms are misguided. That's not a strawman.

That doesn't mean that JJ never makes mistakes. It just means that because of the stature of the Cowboys, everthing is magnified.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Oh Martellus. :D

Bennett has a big mouth but, he's a hell of a talent. I love the guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Lol I can just see Bennett punking Barbie on the field in a blocking drill right now...Everyone knows he's a *****.

Comment

• Wow I didn't think Martellus would throw Bobby under the bus like that. He should've kept that in house. Sure it's a little funny, but it shouldn't have been said. How would he feel if someone something similar about him? I'm not one of those "shut up and play guys," but he had no reason to dis Bobby like that.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Oh Martellus. :D

Bennett has a big mouth but, he's a hell of a talent. I love the guy.
                                Another degenerate sc*mbag who is a Cowboy. Vunderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information