This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
    Just a joke guy. Dont take everything so seriously.
    That's the problem with Rob. Jokes fly right over his head. When we say Roy Williams was the best Safety in the league, he believes it. LMAO. At the time, I was willing to debate with him on the issue just for the sake of having fun and taking on the weak side of the debate. But when it got serious, my stance was always that it was impossible for us to get rid of Roy because of the contract he had. We couldn't trade him or we couldn't cut him. There was no legit way out of that mess. But Rob didn't care. He just wanted to complain and not realize that there were no easy solutions. Or maybe he did realize it, but just wanted to ignore it.

He thinks he's right about TO being the problem. There's no way in hell that I'll believe that we would've been SB champions by now if we never brought on TO. Rob will never be able to prove that he was right. Even if we win the SB this year... it's a totally different team.

But I'm sure with his keen hindsight 20/20 vision that he'll try to claim he was right about something. Has anyone ever heard Rob predict anything that came true??? No. He only complains about current problems that anyone can see. Ever hear him talk about a prospect he likes??? Nope. He'll only bash whoever we take. Ever hear him talk about who we should've hired as a coach after Parcells left? Nope. He only bashed the guy we took... and he only started bashing him recently. He never complained about Wade's hiring at the time. He didn't even do it after Year 1 when we went 12-4. He only did it when the wheels started to come off. That's what he does. Then he says, I told you so.

You guys notice that he didn't bash the Roy Williams trade yet, right? In fact, he praised Roy for his route running in the beginning and said he was better than TO. Wait until something happens where that no longer looks like a good move. Rob will be the first in line to bash Jerry on the trade.

Everything is after the fact with Rob, yet he will continue to claim until the end of time that he was the only one who knew this or that was a problem.
    Last edited by D-Unit; 03-31-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Hasn't been talked about much here, but I did see it mentioned on the DMN blog, I think.

What do you guys think about Junior Siavii? I read that the Cowboys were really worried that he would get picked up when they cut him last year. I'm wondering if there's some thought that he could be that NT to split time with Ratliff this next season. I guess a better question might be - Is there a NT in the draft, outside of Raji, that would give you more than Siavii immediately? The dude has some decent experience with KC and word is, he is one of the strongest Cowboys.
      Last edited by Macarthur; 03-31-2009, 02:50 PM.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        Hasn't been talked about much here, but I did see it mentioned on the DMN blog, I think.

What do you guys think about Junior Siavii? I read that the Cowboys were really worried that he would get picked up when they cut him last year. I'm wondering if there's some thought that he could be that NT to split time with Ratliff this next season. I guess a better question might be - Is there a NT in the draft, outside of Raji, that would give you more than Siavii immediately? The dude has some decent experience with KC and word is, he is one of the strongest Cowboys.
        Samoans are naturally strong. I know some Samoan 3rd graders that can kick my ass. LOL. Siavii came into the league with a lot to like, but hasn't panned out yet for whatever reason. I like him but I'm probably a little bias. You pose a good question though... is there a guy in the draft outside of Raji better than him??? Come to think of it... No, not imo. So thanks for that. As far as I'm concerned... we might have another Marc Columbo career recessetation case on our hands.

Comment

• Yeah, D, I think it's an interesting avenue.

I mean he's started I think 12 games his rookie season. All we would be asking him to do is give 15-20 snaps a game.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Sorry, but I don't think Siavii has much of a chance. He didn't do anything last year, and he was the only "true" NT on the roster. I know there was some investment on Tank, but he could've at least pushed for some kind of playing time. Sure he's strong as hell, but does he know how to apply it?

What's funny is that the draft he came out I desperately wanted the Cowboys to draft him along with Igor Olshansky and Isaac Sopoaga. Those three guys were beastly strong, and on Madden I'd always trade for them and put them in my rotation. Maybe that dream could finally come true. lol
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• IDK we have been linked to Brace and a few others in the draft...at NT...that leads me to believe we'll touch it somewhere on draft day.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                That's the problem with Rob. Jokes fly right over his head. When we say Roy Williams was the best Safety in the league, he believes it. LMAO. At the time, I was willing to debate with him on the issue just for the sake of having fun and taking on the weak side of the debate. But when it got serious, my stance was always that it was impossible for us to get rid of Roy because of the contract he had. We couldn't trade him or we couldn't cut him. There was no legit way out of that mess. But Rob didn't care. He just wanted to complain and not realize that there were no easy solutions. Or maybe he did realize it, but just wanted to ignore it.

He thinks he's right about TO being the problem. There's no way in hell that I'll believe that we would've been SB champions by now if we never brought on TO. Rob will never be able to prove that he was right. Even if we win the SB this year... it's a totally different team.

But I'm sure with his keen hindsight 20/20 vision that he'll try to claim he was right about something. Has anyone ever heard Rob predict anything that came true??? No. He only complains about current problems that anyone can see. Ever hear him talk about a prospect he likes??? Nope. He'll only bash whoever we take. Ever hear him talk about who we should've hired as a coach after Parcells left? Nope. He only bashed the guy we took... and he only started bashing him recently. He never complained about Wade's hiring at the time. He didn't even do it after Year 1 when we went 12-4. He only did it when the wheels started to come off. That's what he does. Then he says, I told you so.

You guys notice that he didn't bash the Roy Williams trade yet, right? In fact, he praised Roy for his route running in the beginning and said he was better than TO. Wait until something happens where that no longer looks like a good move. Rob will be the first in line to bash Jerry on the trade.

Everything is after the fact with Rob, yet he will continue to claim until the end of time that he was the only one who knew this or that was a problem.
                If you would read my posts on Roy WR trade they say something to the effect 1) We gave up too much 2) Roy WR is a better receiver than TO for this offense 3) Roy WR gave us the option of cutting TO in the offseason. And yes, I was the first to give JJ credit for this.

On Roy SS, as I said go read the thread. If we can cut TO and take a $9MM cap hit you telling me we could not cut Roy SS and take a smaller hit back in 07 or 08? We were way under the cap a few years back and had more than ample opportunity to bite the bullet.

On the other thing about Roy SS, I said he was shot in 2006. The VAST MAJORITY here still thought he had gas in the tank. Even as late as last summer, people where talking about reviving his career and how Phillips "would use him the right way" unlike "the idiot Parcells."

Sorry but there is not "arm chair" QBing here. I call them early -- whether I come out right or wrong is another issue. This is simply revising history to justify a point of view that somehow I am this horrible person.

Anyway dude, good luck with everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  IDK we have been linked to Brace and a few others in the draft...at NT...that leads me to believe we'll touch it somewhere on draft day.
                  Hope so, we have been pining for one the last two drafts.

Personally, I like Brace more in the late second/third for NT than Raji in the first.

Comment

Samoans are naturally strong.
                    My herniated discs have a story about this fact. They are damn bulls.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatblunt View Post
                      If you would read my posts on Roy WR trade they say something to the effect 1) We gave up too much 2) Roy WR is a better receiver than TO for this offense 3) Roy WR gave us the option of cutting TO in the offseason. And yes, I was the first to give JJ credit for this.

On Roy SS, as I said go read the thread. If we can cut TO and take a $9MM cap hit you telling me we could not cut Roy SS and take a smaller hit back in 07 or 08? We were way under the cap a few years back and had more than ample opportunity to bite the bullet.

On the other thing about Roy SS, I said he was shot in 2006. The VAST MAJORITY here still thought he had gas in the tank. Even as late as last summer, people where talking about reviving his career and how Phillips "would use him the right way" unlike "the idiot Parcells."

Sorry but there is not "arm chair" QBing here. I call them early -- whether I come out right or wrong is another issue. This is simply revising history to justify a point of view that somehow I am this horrible person.

Anyway dude, good luck with everything.
                      Nah, you don't call nothing early. Everything is after the fact. Don't kid yourself.

LOL at using TO being cut as a legit reason as to why we could've cut Roy. TO was not cut for the same reasons. Roy didn't drag 3/4ths of the entire ESPN crew with him where ever he went. He didn't cause a split in the lockerroom. He wasn't a burden on the coaching staff. He was just a sucky expensive player. ...and yes, instead of just benching him, trying to use him in some sort of way to salvage something out of him, I'm glad the team tried to do something. No the majority of us didn't think he had "gas in the tank" and that he was all of a sudden going to be a ballhawk in Wade's system. I did think that it was worth a shot at him playing nickel LB. I'm glad Wade sat him on passing plays at times.

Your only claim to fame is that you were the biggest Roy Williams complainer who never offered real solutions. Benching the guy for the rest of his career until he was cheap enough to be a cap cut was not a solution.

Comment

HAHAHA Not touching that one. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY:D

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Share the story. I'm sure it'll lighten up the place. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                            HAHAHA Not touching that one. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY:D
                            I am sure you bust a nut closet queen.

Comment

Share the story. I'm sure it'll lighten up the place. :)
                              The SOB frigging ran my ass over playing old fat man football. I looked like Marco Rivera backpedaling

Comment

The SOB frigging ran my ass over playing old fat man football. I looked like Marco Rivera backpedaling
                                You can't see me... but I really got a good laugh out of that. Not that it happened to you or anything... just that's funny because that's the friggen kind of people they are. :D I play basketball every Tuesday night and I hate playing against those guys because they bang the hell outta me... and I hate playing with them cause they hog cheese, can't shoot a lick and get mad if you miss. LMAO. But they are big jokers who like to laugh and make us all laugh too. This one guy... man... every week he takes someone out. It's not funny.

... I liked that story so much, I think I'll let you hang around a little longer this time. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information