X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case anyone needs a gift idea:

http://www.cowboysonlineproshop.com/

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
    Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
      Originally posted by fryman
      anybody else hoping Skyler is gone for good this time? After the switch to RB I haven't seen a place for him on this team.
      I'm still hoping he can contribute something. I'd hate to have a wasted 4th round pick.
      It's not like 4th round picks are guaranteed players or anything.

Now Jacob Rogers and Stephen Peterman... Those were complete wastes. You hate to bust on 2nd rounders. 3rd rounders are bustable...but Peterman never even made it in a game as far as I remeber.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        Originally posted by Poet3334
        anybody else hoping Skyler is gone for good this time? After the switch to RB I haven't seen a place for him on this team.
        I'm still hoping he can contribute something. I'd hate to have a wasted 4th round pick.

Now Jacob Rogers and Stephen Peterman... Those were complete wastes. You hate to bust on 2nd rounders. 3rd rounders are bustable...but Peterman never even made it in a game as far as I remeber.
        No, but I think everyone likes to hit on those kind of picks.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
        Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
          Originally posted by D-Unit

Sure, but that's the nature of drafts that people need to understand. It's not a total waste in a way because we find out that they aren't what we hoped and aren't left wondering what could have been had we not taken them. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
            Originally posted by D-Unit

Sure, but that's the nature of drafts that people need to understand. It's not a total waste in a way because we find out that they aren't what we hoped and aren't left wondering what could have been had we not taken them. LOL.
            Yeah. We hardly knew ya Skyler!

Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
              Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
              I looked at Scott's new mock, he has us taking Levi Brown to apparently take the place of Colombo.....and he said it speaks volumes about the state of the group that he is starting. Is it just me or has Colombo actually played well this season? I know we could use OL, but I would rather have an OG to replace Rivera than a RT to replace Colombo. Thoughts?
              We have about 4 pages accumulated talking about this matter alone...reading back through the pages wouldn't be a bad idea.
              Oh really. Thanks for heads up. :roll:

btw I didn't meant to repost that 3 times something was whacky.
              "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                Hey I have been trying to post this for a few days but because of some DEBUG thing that pops up everytime I post this is the first time it seems to have worked.

I wanted to comment on Scotts mock and him saying with the Cowboys starting Marc Colombo it speaks volumes about the state of the position. I think Colombo has played very well. I can't even tell you his stats for sacks allowed but I know there aren't that many. I think the Cowboys could replace RG before RT. Rivera was a mistake to sign; not worth the money. At center I think Gurode is fine. At LG Kosier has been OK, but I like him. At LT Flozell Adams has been good but how many years can he go? So I'd say a starting RG and a LT to develop and the O-Line is fine.

Thoughts?
                For the second time...as if you didn't look at the last page. Take some time and check out the last 3 or so pages so you dont' ask the same topic of discussion that we have talked about for well over a month.
                For the second time I didn't see that I already posted it. when I posted this before it said DEBUG or whatever so I thought it didn't work.

And boy I am impressed that you have been talking about this for the last month. You deserve a cookie. I mean golly jee why don't I just crown you king cowboys fan. :D
                "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                  Originally posted by thule
                  Hey I have been trying to post this for a few days but because of some DEBUG thing that pops up everytime I post this is the first time it seems to have worked.

I wanted to comment on Scotts mock and him saying with the Cowboys starting Marc Colombo it speaks volumes about the state of the position. I think Colombo has played very well. I can't even tell you his stats for sacks allowed but I know there aren't that many. I think the Cowboys could replace RG before RT. Rivera was a mistake to sign; not worth the money. At center I think Gurode is fine. At LG Kosier has been OK, but I like him. At LT Flozell Adams has been good but how many years can he go? So I'd say a starting RG and a LT to develop and the O-Line is fine.

Thoughts?
                  For the second time...as if you didn't look at the last page. Take some time and check out the last 3 or so pages so you dont' ask the same topic of discussion that we have talked about for well over a month.
                  For the second time I didn't see that I already posted it. when I posted this before it said DEBUG or whatever so I thought it didn't work.

And boy I am impressed that you have been talking about this for the last month. You deserve a cookie. I mean golly jee why don't I just crown you king cowboys fan. :D
                  Just to make it short and sweet, I just said that Columbo's played well, and Scott was way off base with his comments. Just my opinion.

Albert Camus

Comment

• Just to make it short and sweet, I just said that Columbo's played well, and Scott was way off base with his comments. Just my opinion.
                    Thanks! Nice to see what others think.
                    "Red Ball"

Comment

• Scott has been taking pot-shots at Colombo all year long now. It's like he knows something that everyone else doesn't. Call me funny, but when you allow 1 sack all year long (the result of the QB stepping up unexpectedly into the rusher), and have ZERO holding penalties on a line that is near the top of the league in rushing yards despite not having an elite RB.....that should say something.

Stupid ol' Parcells, though, he seems to be under the impression that Colombo has been pretty good. I wish there was a way that Scott could clue him in to just how bad his player is, how does someone get a job as a head coach and not even know his own players?
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• And the thing is, its not just Scott. A lot of people out there misunderstand the Cowboys offensive line. It is not that bad. You can credit most of Bledsoe's sacks to who else, Drew Bledsoe. Nobody can protect a statue, and that's literally what Drew Bledsoe was. He had the worst pocket presence of any starter in the league. He could not step up or around, all he could do was trip over himself. Now that Romo is in that is no longer a problem. Colombo has done a good job, along with Flo/Ko and Gurode. I still don't like Rivera that much. I think he was overpaid to come here and hurt his back on a tread mill, then never be the same.
                        "Red Ball"

Comment

• I think you guys should nab Manuel Ramirez in the 3rd round. He's a plow at OG, and reminds me of Larry Allen. He's not as good of course, but he'd be a monster in the run game. And with his strength, maybe he can help Flo out on the leftside and allow Flo to concentrate more on the outside speed rush.

Comment

• well, it looks like the Cowboys are looking at quarterback Tommy Maddox.

credit: DMN
                            "Red Ball"

Comment

• So, I met this girl at a party. I was wearing my Dallas Cowboys hat, and she said "Hey! My cousin used to play for them!" I said, "Who is he?" Turns out she's Stephen Peterman's cousin. Pretty cool.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
                                So, I met this girl at a party. I was wearing my Dallas Cowboys hat, and she said "Hey! My cousin used to play for them!" I said, "Who is he?" Turns out she's Stephen Peterman's cousin. Pretty cool.
                                Hey that is pretty cool.....wish I could meet someone who was connected with the Boys at one time.
                                "Red Ball"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information