Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friggen tough schedule... Here's hoping for a 10-6 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      The only reason Austin is more ready to play now is because he's finally got his timing down with Romo. Put him on the Jets with a rookie QB or Kellen Clemens or whoever... in a new system, surrounded by new teammates, with the pressure to perform as a #1/2 WR and not only is he back at square one, but he's got a steep hill to climb.

Look I like Austin, don't get me wrong. I just don't like him as much as I like getting a 2nd rounder. Since that option is over with, there's no need to discuss it anymore.

For the love of God, don't make this out to be another one of your "Roy Williams" rants. Where you're totally misunderstanding the root of it all.
      For the pass three years, the D man has said many times that Austin could be #1 WR for the future but when the time is around the corner, he wants to cash out????????

BTW, Brandon Tate maybe end up in PUP if any team wants draft him.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc View Post
        For the pass three years, the D man has said many times that Austin could be #1 WR for the future but when the time is around the corner, he wants to cash out????????

BTW, Brandon Tate maybe end up in PUP if any team wants draft him.
        Honestly, I don't ever recall my thoughts on Austin considering him a true #1 WR option. Yes, I have considered him a #2 without a doubt. I probably don't remember because he's had such a roller coaster career so far.

Also, I don't believe Austin's chance to be a #1 is right around the corner. He won't overtake Roy.

In my opinion, Bennett should get more receptions than Austin next year.

Comment

The only reason Austin is more ready to play now is because he's finally got his timing down with Romo. Put him on the Jets with a rookie QB or Kellen Clemens or whoever... in a new system, surrounded by new teammates, with the pressure to perform as a #1/2 WR and not only is he back at square one, but he's got a steep hill to climb.
          Yeah, I mentioned that earlier too. The JETS are a black hole for WR given their QB situation and new coach.

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Look I like Austin, don't get me wrong. I just don't like him as much as I like getting a 2nd rounder. Since that option is over with, there's no need to discuss it anymore.
          I agree it is moot but I think Austin is better than a 2nd given what our needs are right now and that we want to win in the next 2-3 years. No a big deal.

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          For the love of God, don't make this out to be another one of your "Roy Williams" rants. Where you're totally misunderstanding the root of it all.
          I am not. I, however, certainly don't think it fair for Longhorn, or anyone, to fabricate history to suit opinions. And that history is what differentiates the quality level of posters' opinions.

Peace.

Comment

Friggen tough schedule... Here's hoping for a 10-6 season.
            Our season is all about how the D performs. If they are consistent and in the top 5, we will be fine.

I think if we need to score 27 every game then we are creating too much pressure on Romo and I just think he is too fragile mentally and too mistake prone. ** This is not to say we can't be explosive but likely not consistent versus the better D's**

Comment

• Well the Cowboys have removed BJ Raji, Percy Harvin, and Jamon Merideth from their draft board.

MOTH can sleep easy now that he knows Merideth isn't coming.

I can only assume this means all of them tested positive for something, which is the case with Harvin. Raji was rumored by a reliable source in SI so maybe that is true too.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post

I am not. I, however, certainly don't think it fair for Longhorn, or anyone, to fabricate history to suit opinions. And that history is what differentiates the quality level of posters' opinions.

Peace.
                Here we go with this stuff again, please show me where I "fabricated history".

For the record I didn't know what your stance was on Abram, nor did I care, I was speaking in general by saying hindsight was 20/20...I guess it's time to put you back on ignore once again.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Our season is all about how the D performs. If they are consistent and in the top 5, we will be fine.

I think if we need to score 27 every game then we are creating too much pressure on Romo and I just think he is too fragile mentally and too mistake prone. ** This is not to say we can't be explosive but likely not consistent versus the better D's**
                  With Wade in charge of the D all season long, all I believe we need is health and OL dominance and we're golden.

Comment

With Wade in charge of the D all season long, all I believe we need is health and OL dominance and we're golden.
                    Ware needs some help with pressure up front. Ratliff was a nice surprise last year, but we need a healthy Spencer. Spencer/Ellis need to combine for over 10 sacks.

Comment

• I made the following post about Austin ......

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                      Incidentally, this whole discussion on Austin reminds me of the Elam discussion. Elam was/is a better Safety than Williams was even back then but he never got a shot all b/c he was UDFA. He became a Jets starter and now got a decent pay day in FA.

Fact is there is tremendous prejudice v. UDFA even when you see them outplay guys drafted higher. We just don't want to believe. You can add Hatcher to the guys I think should start too -- but we wasted a pick on Spears who is not a DE but everyone so wants to believe .....
                      Longhorn you posted the following in response .....

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Hindsight is 20/20. It's always easy after the fact to make the right decision.
                      I objected to this and wrote .....

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                      Um no, I called it while he was on the roster. Please don't do that. I am not playing armchair QB. You are trying to discredit my points by fabricating a falsehood. Not cool.

I also called the 2007 Draft a disaster the very week it happened and it seems we are getting closed to it by the day. Again, not hindsight but FORESIGHT.

Elam is no star but it was clear to anyone willing to see that he was better than what they had back there. But again, when you have an entire staff more concerned with popular opinions, an inability to develop young talent and big names .... these things happen.

This off-season seems to be the first time the team is making a commitment to looking at the young talent.
                      So to say, I am playing arm chair QB is false and logical fallacy to try and disprove your opponents accurate points.

I am not co-opting facts, claiming I predicted them when I didn't. This is false and you wrote a falsehood.

If I may be a gentlemen, a better critique of my points Longhorn is "even a broken clock is right twice a day." """Rob, you hate everything so of course every time something fails you are "right.""""

Incidentally, I gave the '07 draft a C on draft day FWIW. So IGNORE all you want but facts are facts.
                      Last edited by herniateddisc; 04-15-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                        Well the Cowboys have removed BJ Raji, Percy Harvin, and Jamon Merideth from their draft board.

MOTH can sleep easy now that he knows Merideth isn't coming.

I can only assume this means all of them tested positive for something, which is the case with Harvin. Raji was rumored by a reliable source in SI so maybe that is true too.
                        There are two players that if by the grace of god they get to the mid-second, even with a small trade up, you scramble like a lunatic -- BJ Raji and Andre Smith.

Question: I heard Mayock call Raji a part-time player. He only has 30-40 snaps a game. Any thoughts on this??????

Comment

Honestly, I don't ever recall my thoughts on Austin considering him a true #1 WR option. Yes, I have considered him a #2 without a doubt. I probably don't remember because he's had such a roller coaster career so far.

Also, I don't believe Austin's chance to be a #1 is right around the corner. He won't overtake Roy.

In my opinion, Bennett should get more receptions than Austin next year.
                          I went through the old threads and I said he was a #1 in-the-making and you said he could play but that UDFA WR probably needed 2-3 years. This was 2007 off-season the comments were made.

Comment

From your lips to God's ears.

On the OL however, I really would like to see someone push Flo in TC. I am so sick of his penalties.

Comment

Agree 100%.

With all the handwringing going on about WR, Romo, etc...I think this team goes only as far as this defense carries it.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                Here it is.

Week 1- @ Tampa Bay Sunday, Sept. 13 - 1pm (FOX)

Week 2- New York Giants Sunday, Sept. 20 - 8:20pm (NBC)

Week 3- Carolina Monday, Sept. 28 - 8:30pm (ESPN)

Week 4- @ Denver Sunday, Oct. 4 - 4:15pm (FOX)

Week 5- @ Kansas City Sunday, Oct. 11 - 1pm (FOX)

Week 6- Bye

Week 7- Atlanta Sunday, Oct. 25 - 4:15pm (FOX)

Week 8- Seattle Sunday, Nov. 1 - 1pm (FOX)

Week 9- @ Philly Sunday, Nov. 8 - 8:20pm (NBC)

Week 10- @ Green Bay Sunday, Nov. 15 - 4:15pm (FOX)

Week 11- Washington Sunday, Nov. 22 - 1pm (FOX)

Week 12- Oakland Thursday, Nov. 26 - 4:15pm (CBS)

Week 13- @ New York Giants Sunday, Dec. 6 - 4:15pm (FOX)

Week 14- San Diego Sunday, Dec. 13 - 4:15pm (CBS)

Week 15- @ New Orleans Saturday, Dec. 19 - 8:20pm (NFLN)

Week 16- @ Washington Sunday, Dec. 27 - 8:20pm (NBC)

Week 17- Philadelphia Sunday, Jan. 3 - 1pm (FOX)
                                Not as tough as last yr's schedule, finish again with Philly but at least they have them at home, & the absolute worst-managed, most chaotic with the worst offense team in the league, the Raiders, on Thxgiving Thursday. And no outdoor stadium road games in far northern tier sites in December, closest they come is Week 13 @ New York Giants on Dec. 6th, although GB in northern Wisconsin could be damn cold & snowy on 11-15 too. The worrisome part is the early schedule, if they're not at least 3-2 by the too-early bye wk. Phillips could be gone, like all very proud hands-on owners Jerry Jones has a very low tolerance threshold for personal humiliation, & Phillips knows they have HC in waiting Garrett primed & ready to take his job. The turmoil that hung over them in the miserable 08 finish could be a hangover that determines how they go in September, it's hit the ground running & win early this season or heads will roll in Dallas.

I say 11-5 best case if they get a o-line depth & decent SS in the draft, 7-9 at worst if they go into a hole early, coaching change, get injuries to Romo, Newman & Witten like last yr, etc. & they hand the division on a platter to the Giants & their amateur HC Coughlin or to Philly (Skins still rebuilding with a ways to go). If they blow the Raiders game on Thxgiving the rest of the season goes on auto-pilot, coach(es) fired, & players will be mailing it in & spending more time than expected on the cells to their agents looking for other jobs.
                                Last edited by LizardState; 04-15-2009, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information