Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boldin is a much better player than Roy Williams.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• We'll see after 09...Q has alot more injury concerns, since that's always brought up with Roy, and Roy is a better red zone weapon, I hope Boldin and Braylon end up coming to the NFC east so then we can compare the present instead of years prior.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Boldin is a much better player than Roy Williams.
        You didn't answer the question. ...and I don't know if you think Boldin is the better player for the long term or the present. I'd probably agree on the present, but the future is probably leaning Roy's way.

Comment

• I dont see why...he's been getting worse. He has T.O./Braylon hands and has always relied on his physical attributes to make plays and those skills have actually looked like they have dimisinished over the years. He isnt a great route runner either. I've said it before, Roy to this point, is one of the most overrated players in the nfl. Former star Longhorns' are always incredibly overrated even when they arent performing well. Boldin is a better player now and I think he'll be a better player down the line. I hope Roy plays well here, though...he has no more excuses. This could end up being a very, very bad deal for us. I wouldnt say that is imminent, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I dont see why...he's been getting worse. He has T.O./Braylon hands and has always relied on his physical attributes to make plays and those skills have actually looked like they have dimisinished over the years. He isnt a great route runner either. I've said it before, Roy to this point, is one of the most overrated players in the nfl. Former star Longhorns' are always incredibly overrated even when they arent performing well. Boldin is a better player now and I think he'll be a better player down the line. I hope Roy plays well here, though...he has no more excuses. This could end up being a very, very bad deal for us. I wouldnt say that is imminent, though.
            Well I almost believed you had a strong point there, until you left yourself a scape route. Come on man... Pick a side and stick with it. You are classic for doing this.

Comment

• Like what exactly? Give me some examples. Seems like I have to defend guys here most of the time.

It's always a good thing to look at things from different angles. Everyone on here is so fast to make a judement or want to be the first to say this or that. I certainly do believe Roy is an overrated player...but, at the same time, I'm not going to be blind to the fact that he may be able to succeed here. I've said, I dont think he's a great #1 option, I've said Boldin is and will always be better, what else do you want? I'm not going to doom the guy to failure, though. I have my doubts, this is is true but, I'm not going to 100% say he's going to suck here. Everyone on here makes these snap judgments and it seems like they almost root for so and so to do bad, so that they are right. Even if that guy is on their own favorite team. Ugh. Again, I dont think Roy is even remotely as good as people make him out to be...but, but, but, I obviously want him to do well here. I certainly have my questions, though. Like I said, this trade could be really bad for us. The straightest answer I could give you, is that I'm wary of the whole thing. Obviously, if you read into what I type about Roy, it's pretty easy to figure our that I'm not aboard the Roy Williams bandwagon.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 04-16-2009, 06:46 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I dont see why...he's been getting worse. He has T.O./Braylon hands and has always relied on his physical attributes to make plays and those skills have actually looked like they have dimisinished over the years. He isnt a great route runner either. I've said it before, Roy to this point, is one of the most overrated players in the nfl. Former star Longhorns' are always incredibly overrated even when they arent performing well. Boldin is a better player now and I think he'll be a better player down the line. I hope Roy plays well here, though...he has no more excuses. This could end up being a very, very bad deal for us. I wouldnt say that is imminent, though.
                Roy's hands are way better than those guys. Hell Roy has some great hands. He always catches things on his fingertips with his hands far away from his body. T.O. and Braylon catch things with their bodies. Roy IMO has better hands than Larry Fitzgerald in terms of mechanics, but Fitz is more consistent. Roy's only problem with catches is when he doesn't give a damn, and even then his hands are legit. Look for him to make some serious catches this year.
                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• FYI, Roy Williams was leading the league in drops before we traded for him if I recall correctly. Go talk to Lions fans about how he would drop several passes each week. It's hard to argue with any Dallas fan on the subject because, most of them are also Longhorn fans. The same guys who are still clamoring for Michael Huff.

Better than Fitzgerald? nooooooooooo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                    Roy's hands are way better than those guys. Hell Roy has some great hands. He always catches things on his fingertips with his hands far away from his body. T.O. and Braylon catch things with their bodies. Roy IMO has better hands than Larry Fitzgerald in terms of mechanics, but Fitz is more consistent. Roy's only problem with catches is when he doesn't give a damn, and even then his hands are legit. Look for him to make some serious catches this year.
                    Let's not go crazy now.

Comment

• Fitzgerald = best hands in the NFL.

Larry Fitzgerald-WR - Cardinals Feb. 9 - 8:26 am et

Larry Fitzgerald, MVP of Sunday's Pro Bowl, has been playing with a broken left thumb and torn cartilage in his left hand between his middle and ring fingers.
                      Fitzgerald used the playoffs to gain a reputation as having the best hands in the league. That he accomplished the best playoff run in NFL history while playing through a mangled hand is mind-boggling. He'll use the offseason to get back to full health, but it clearly hasn't affected his production.
                      Source: Denver Post
                      Last edited by dc4life; 04-16-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• For the record I'm not a Longhorn fan. Don't hate them, but don't really get into college too much. But Roy's hands are really underrated. His drops come from lack of passion and not skills. TO's drops were because he doesn't have good hands. Roy just didn't give a damn in Detroit, so that's how he got all those drops. I'm not excusing him from anything. It worries me that he has to be motivated to get things done. That still doesn't take away from his talent, and he has plenty. We're not talking about a guy with Stanback's potential. Roy's potential could make him one of the elite wide receivers in the league if he ever lives up to it.

And as for the Fitzgerald comment. I want to play a little damage control to show that I'm not some crazy homer. Both guys catch the ball the exact same way. Hands far away from the body with long arms. The thing that I see with Roy is the circus catches. That's why I made the comment. Yeah Fitz has better hands if you want to rank it, but Roy seems a little more fluid. Just my two cents.
                        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Like what exactly? Give me some examples. Seems like I have to defend guys here most of the time.

It's always a good thing to look at things from different angles. Everyone on here is so fast to make a judement or want to be the first to say this or that. I certainly do believe Roy is an overrated player...but, at the same time, I'm not going to be blind to the fact that he may be able to succeed here. I've said, I dont think he's a great #1 option, I've said Boldin is and will always be better, what else do you want? I'm not going to doom the guy to failure, though. I have my doubts, this is is true but, I'm not going to 100% say he's going to suck here. Everyone on here makes these snap judgments and it seems like they almost root for so and so to do bad, so that they are right. Even if that guy is on their own favorite team. Ugh. Again, I dont think Roy is even remotely as good as people make him out to be...but, but, but, I obviously want him to do well here. I certainly have my questions, though. Like I said, this trade could be really bad for us. The straightest answer I could give you, is that I'm wary of the whole thing. Obviously, if you read into what I type about Roy, it's pretty easy to figure our that I'm not aboard the Roy Williams bandwagon.
                          Eh, maybe I'm being too hard on you. I know you've been one to defend Bradie and Julius Jones etc on your own at times... But I wasn't referring to your defense of players... More like... say... against your scape clauses... like off the top of my head... one example was how you kept telling us not to hope for Olshansky because he was going to get money similar to Canty. Then when we signed him, you were like, yeah, that's about the amount that I thought. ...just kinda frustrating because we debated it back and forth and I was trying to make my point that he would realistically be a potential guy for us despite what you thought... and then when it happened and you said that's what I thought, then I had to shake my head and sigh.

I like the fact that you have strong feelings one way. Makes for good banter when I'm sitting on the other side of the fence. But your scape clauses kill me.

I know every Cowboy fan is hopeful that Roy succeeds and he has every chance to do that here. But I'm not blind to the fact that so far in his career he's been nothing but a flash in the pan. Injuries, wacky comments here and there and the drops make me really scratch my head. But based on the value in the trade, I don't think we were robbed. His upside is considerable and Jerry made a move that was bold with the thought that this would help us make the playoffs. Gotta love an owner who takes those risks. I don't bash him for it when it doesn't happen after the fact, because it takes balls to make those moves. Calling him stupid is an easy thing to do when you have hindsight 20/20. As for Boldin, he could be the next Javon Walker. Nothing is sure in the NFL. He's surely has his own warts too as far as injury and being a headache to the management goes. ...and if he hasn't dropped a pass, then I'll call him Jesus.

Comment

• Olshansky's value was lowered because Canty signed with the 4-3 Giants. Thus, he didnt have Canty's deal as a comparing factor in negotiation. Talent wise, they're not all that different. Canty gives you more against the pass and Igor is more stout against the rush. That is exactly what I said after Canty signed. I admittedly said, I didnt think we would get Olshansky when FA started. When FA first began he was looking at a pricier contract...things change. Then I said i figured his contract would come down to the range where it happened to fall. Things change quickly in the NFL...I didnt flip-flop or change my stance on anything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I know I'm a Longhorn fan and diehard at that, which is why I don't like to get into any Roy debates because my opinion will always be skewed and that's fine.

But at the same time there are still too many people clamoring over Roy and wanting to act like he's a below average WR and he's far from that...Roy had 23 TD's in his first 3 seasons, Boldin had 16.

If Roy isn't a legit #1 WR MOTH then how in the world does he produce 23 TD's in that span without ANY offensive line, no running game, no TE, and no other threat at WR what so ever?

For the record, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings(24) and Fitzgerald(24) are the only WR's I know who have topped that feat in their first three years...Now Roy has the best TE in the game and a QB far better then anything he has seen with a ground game to boot, and now people want to act like he can't make due, that's whats so funny to me.

Roy will EASILY score more then 10 TD's in 2009, I can't wait until we make a prediction thread...There is no logical explanation anyone could give me that explains how he could find the end zone so much with so little help, yet for some reason he can't do it here in a better situation...It's not like Calvin was around taking double teams for those 3 seasons.

MOTH I always hear you say "people are making him better then what he is", I for one know what he is, he's not Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson, but he is CERTAINLY a #1 WR in this league and can score TD's like the best of them...If that makes me a homer for that oh well, but if Roy scores 5 TD's next year with 700 yards I'll take a beating for it all off-season.

So what he drops some balls, we dealt with TO's drops for years here, you'll take Braylon's drops for a 1st and a 3rd because of what he offers also...I find it hard to believe he has lost some talent level, there is no logical explanation for that, he was injured last year and is still not back to 100%.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Roy Williams

"people are making him better then what he is:

Just look at 2008-2009 season, I will 100% agree this statement, he is not a rookie, it is bad trade no matter how you look at it today. It is trade plus lost of TO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information