Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bah when it comes to this finger pointing stuff read my sig. You can say all the things you want about T.O., or Witten, or Brad "Suckage" Johnson, Bradie, or whoever. But these are some grown ass men. Their assignments shouldn't be derailed(if true) by some guy having a problem with another guy on the team. When it's game time Sunday none of that stuff matters. Maybe T.O. being gone will leave a huge hole, or maybe it will make the team better. But the Cowboys having a bad year last year wasn't because of one guy causing locker room problems. I'm not saying that he did or didn't cause trouble. I'm not even saying that the team is better off with or without him, because that remains to be seen. But when it comes to the downfall of the 2008 Cowboys everyone is to blame. T.O. didn't cause the defense to collapse at the end of the Baltimore game did he? T.O. didn't miss tackles on kicking coverage did he? Just like T.O. wasn't the sole reason that they went 13-3 in 2007, T.O. isn't why the team had a terrible collapse. Everything is just media hype. When it comes time to play on Sunday none of that other stuff matters if you can't do your job. If someone lets their job be effected by something off the field then they need to be cut or traded. These guys are professionals, and they should be treated as such.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post

These guys think anonymous sources are ok.
      This reference may be too much for them to get ..... but that was a pretty absurd statement and all in an attempt to discredit a credible reporter.

Bernstein and Woodward, those were the days for Cowboys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
        So TO deserves no blame in SF, Philly & Dallas?
        Nope, not in Dallas. Never threw anyone under the bus here. Just scored 38 Td's in 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
          Nope, not in Dallas. Never threw anyone under the bus here. Just scored 38 Td's in 3 years.
          So Garrett, Witten and Romo don't count?

You don't think the "when I get the ball we win "comments constitute as "throwing under the bus?"

Or going with Deion right after the Redskins win and complaining about getting the ball?

I get liking TO and defending him but let us call a spade a spade -- the guy was burning some pretty important bridges the last 8 games in 2008. Just because he might be right on the facts does not mean he is correct on the approach.

If he was not undermining, he would not have been cut after giving him a huge bonus last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post

You don't think the "when I get the ball we win "comments constitute as "throwing under the bus?"

Or going with Deion right after the Redskins win and complaining about getting the ball?

I get liking TO and defending him but let us call a spade a spade -- the guy was burning some pretty important bridges the last 8 games in 2008. Just because he might be right on the facts does not mean he is correct on the approach.

If he was not undermining, he would not have been cut after giving him a huge bonus last year.
            Actually, I think the reason why he got cut was because of the perception the media spun on him. Once they figured out that negative reporting on TO would make big storylines and make them more money, they were like paparazzi photoshopping bean shots of Britney Spears.

Wanna call him a brash, tell the facts like it is kinda guy, then fine. Yeah, he makes those around him accountable that way. Some guys don't like being pinned with accountability (ie. Brad Johnson/Jason Garrett). IMO, it is THEY who are the lockerroom cancers. NOT TO who is telling the facts as they are. TO wasn't a peacemaker, but he was definitely the scapegoat. The media used him. The story is that Dallas could no longer put up with the media's constant harrassment of TO. TO himself was not the problem. It was the media who followed him and shed him under bad light and that being a burden on the Cowboys that was the problem.

There's a reason why the DAL-NYG was the most watched game of the season. The media did their job and they won.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Actually, I think the reason why he got cut was because of the perception the media spun on him. Once they figured out that negative reporting on TO would make big storylines and make them more money, they were like paparazzi photoshopping bean shots of Britney Spears.

Wanna call him a brash, tell the facts like it is kinda guy, then fine. Yeah, he makes those around him accountable that way. Some guys don't like being pinned with accountability (ie. Brad Johnson/Jason Garrett). IMO, it is THEY who are the lockerroom cancers. NOT TO who is telling the facts as they are. TO wasn't a peacemaker, but he was definitely the scapegoat. The media used him. The story is that Dallas could no longer put up with the media's constant harrassment of TO. TO himself was not the problem. It was the media who followed him and shed him under bad light and that being a burden on the Cowboys that was the problem.

There's a reason why the DAL-NYG was the most watched game of the season. The media did their job and they won.
              Maybe but fact is when you are TO you need to be extra nice and politically correct if you want the TEAM to do well.

He is either too dumb or too proud to do so because he said the things he said and the only person saying negative things was TO, everyone else kept their trap shut until Johnson had enuff.

Old news.

Comment

• TO wasn't a peacemaker, but he was definitely the scapegoat. The media used him. The story is that Dallas could no longer put up with the media's constant harrassment of TO. TO himself was not the problem. It was the media who followed him and shed him under bad light and that being a burden on the Cowboys that was the problem.
                Apply that same logic to Ryan Leaf, D-U, & you have the reason why he became the poster boy for Franchise QB Bust. If you look at locker room footage with Leaf & the press in San Diego, you see how they baited him as a rookie & it got to him. He never learned to let the tweaking, the insults, or let the veiled criticisms lie, always had to have the last word even in self defense, & that was like blood in the water for them.

The Bolts PR people should have seen that & kept him away from the press like airborne swine flu viruses. I think Parcells tried that with TO in the botched suicide attempt 3 yrs. back, but no one can keep TO from a TV camera any more than they can keep Jerry Jones away from one. Frustrations over TO's public media image -- that, & blowing every playoff game -- were factors in Parcells' decision to leave Dallas after he had spent massive efforts upgrading the talent level to 13 Pro Bowlers the next yr. No regrets for him though, he stole the GM & most of the Dallas front office staff to Miami with the Fins.

Note that TO was pretty quiet with the media after that incident, I think the Dallas PR office built a cone of silence around him & sequestered him from the press. But you're right, TO was still scapegoated to a great extent, though fans were still very displeased with all his dropped balls, especially the one with < 10 secs. to play in their last playoff loss vs the Giants, so you could argue that he earned his way out of Dallas. "Don't Call Me Pacman" became the new lightning rod for media harassment & locker room melodrama that was a major deal in their late season implosion that led to Romo's quip "There's no dissension here in the Dallas Cowboys," & that was the right way to handle it with the predatory press, realize the sportswriters aren't your friends, make a joke out of it & move on. Too bad Leaf never learned that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  I think Parcells tried that with TO in the botched suicide attempt 3 yrs. back, but no one can keep TO from a TV camera any more than they can keep Jerry Jones away from one.
                  Funny that Parcells is exactly the type of you coach you need for a player like TO.

You don't think Lawrence Taylor would have walked over a lesser man? And fact is he was out of control most of the time .... but he performed in the clutch and never bad mouthed other guys.

LT would pimp slap the hardest core MFers right now, including TO and his grandma. Now that is a Prima Donna that I want -- not Mr Dropsee, don't ask me to take a hit, alligator arm man WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                    Absolutely unbelievable.
                    :(
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Mental Note- Vince Wilfork is a FA after next year and the Patriots drafted Ron Brace as his replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                        Mental Note- Vince Wilfork is a FA after next year and the Patriots drafted Ron Brace as his replacement.
                        Vince Wilfork says he's pleased with the progress of long-term contract talks with the Patriots.

Wilfork is due just $800K in the last year of his rookie deal. "I believe it’ll work out," he said. "We’ve been in contact the last month or two." Wilfork likely considers Tommie Harris' four-year, $40M deal a baseline.
                        Source: Boston Herald
                        ESPN's John Clayton reports that the Patriots will make extending NT Vince Wilfork their top priority with their new found salary cap space.

New England cleared up $14.651 million by trading Matt Cassel to the Chiefs. Wilfork, entering a contract season, is only 27 and is quietly the most important piece of the Patriots' 3-4. He may target a deal like Jared Allen's.
                        Dont get too excited.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post

I just think that if we didn't have any pussies on this team and if our players were a bit more thick skinned, the media wouldn't matter.

The problem with this team is still going to be here even though Owens is gone. Jerry's actions are making me assume that he'd rather lay low this year to take some of the media pressure off. Instead of inviting in the normal circus.

No big FA signings.

No big flashy moves in the draft.

No SB hype being spoken by the owner or any of the coaches.

Jerry realizes the problem with this team is that these guys pay too much attention to what the media says. When the media stacks the pressure up on the 'Boys they crumbled and I think T.O. was just a ton of added pressure -- the media made him a focal point and the media made him a problem in the back of everybody's mind.

If this team was stronger mentally and had more leadership (I consider T.O. one of the best leaders last year, sad as that is to some) they wouldn't crumble down the stretch. They would be winning games and T.O. wouldn't be a problem. He only became a problem because this team is immature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                            Absolutely unbelievable.
                            :(
                            I just don't understand how guys like Rob can discredit that so quickly. The good production outweighed the bad production by far.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              I just don't understand how guys like Rob can discredit that so quickly. The good production outweighed the bad production by far.
                              I can get with that. Losing T.O. is losing top notch production. I do think that he commanded the ball too much though. Nothing wrong with that if this was still his prime, but with his decline he needed to act more as a decoy. Of course he didn't put a gun to Tony's head and make him throw to him too often in that Redskin game. I think losing T.O. is a win/lose scenario right now. It's a toss up to how his absence will affect the team. On one hand you lose a player that gave you 38 touchdowns in 3 years, but on the other it frees up a burden on the offense to have one particular go to guy. Time will tell though. I think the 2008 Cowboys had way too many locker room problems than just T.O.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• I just don't buy the decline. If he had Romo for the full year, we were probably looking at 1300 yards and 12 or 13 TD's.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information