This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Stewart Bradley tore his ACL and is out for the 09 season, big blow for Philly.

Just keeping tabs on the other teams in the division, and he was their leading tackler last year too.
    I know he was their leading tackler, but I never really though much of Bradley. Even as a draft prospect. I think Philly will be fine without him. I know Philly fans were expecting big things from him this year though. Any injury to a rival is a good thing for us, but I don't think this one sets them back. Someone will step up and they will love him... then next year, we'll hear them say "Plus we get Bradley next year... We're gonna be AWESOME!" haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I know he was their leading tackler, but I never really though much of Bradley. Even as a draft prospect. I think Philly will be fine without him. I know Philly fans were expecting big things from him this year though. Any injury to a rival is a good thing for us, but I don't think this one sets them back. Someone will step up and they will love him... then next year, we'll hear them say "Plus we get Bradley next year... We're gonna be AWESOME!" haha.
      Lol...Do they have someone waiting in the wings already? These injuries are starting to pop up around the league, I'm like MOTH and happy we haven't had even any minor injuries to a key contributor.

I'm gonna start pushing the panic button if Miles Austin and Hurd don't make it through TC/pre-season without getting hurt, we need one, or both of these guys to step up this year and an injury only sets them back.

When is our 1st pre-season game?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Lol...Do they have someone waiting in the wings already? These injuries are starting to pop up around the league, I'm like MOTH and happy we haven't had even any minor injuries to a key contributor.

I'm gonna start pushing the panic button if Miles Austin and Hurd don't make it through TC/pre-season without getting hurt, we need one, or both of these guys to step up this year and an injury only sets them back.

When is our 1st pre-season game?
        Yeah, Joe Mays is packed with potential. He's built like a tank.

Comment

• Our 1st preseason game is August 13th.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

Yeah, Joe Mays is packed with potential. He's built like a tank.
            I think Omar Gaither could slide back into the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              I think Omar Gaither could slide back into the middle.
              Either way, Bradley is not a big loss. # of tackles is the easiest stat to replace.

Comment

Either way, Bradley is not a big loss. # of tackles is the easiest stat to replace.
                He also led the team in TFL. He is a big loss. He was supposed to be the vocal leader, and any time you lose your MLB in a 4-3, that's not good.

Comment

He also led the team in TFL. He is a big loss. He was supposed to be the vocal leader, and any time you lose your MLB in a 4-3, that's not good.
                  Somebody will step up. I know you guys aren't worried about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    15 touchdowns?

Michael Irvin's most ever was 10.

15 tds would have lead the league last year by far. No chance he sees 15 tds...if he got 10, I'd be extremely happy with that. If everyone's expectations are that high, be prepared to be disappointed, right now.
                    And Braylon Edwards had 16 in 07. In my mind, I consider Roy more talented than Braylon Edwards. And D brought up the excellent point that Roy's predecessor (who didn't cost draft picks, fwiw) made it happen at that level. That's what we should expect at most from him.
                    Last edited by Ward; 08-03-2009, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• I think those expectations are way too high...Roy isnt T.O. And the guy's career high for tds is only 8...and that was in an offense where he was constantly targeted. Our offense is going to feature two TEs frequently and Austin/Hurd both look to be more involved in the mix. Not to mention the three backers. Felix will be involved in the passing game and Barber caught some 50 passes last year. Roy will get plenty of red zone looks but, so will our tight ends. 15 Tds is very unlikely. And again, I think some continue to overrate him. I wouldnt put him in the top tier of WRs...his hands are right on par w/ T.O.'s and that's not a good thing. He should help us but, he's a bit of a downgrade and T.O. isnt even at his best anymore. I do think he can help us but, I think he's bound to disappoint all the fans if people are expecting him to have some amazing pro bowl season and lead the league in TDs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        I think those expectations are way too high...Roy isnt T.O. And the guy's career high for tds is only 8...and that was in an offense where he was constantly targeted. Our offense is going to feature two TEs frequently and Austin/Hurd both look to be more involved in the mix. Not to mention the three backers. Felix will be involved in the passing game and Barber caught some 50 passes last year. Roy will get plenty of red zone looks but, so will our tight ends. 15 Tds is very unlikely. And again, I think some continue to overrate him. I wouldnt put him in the top tier of WRs...his hands are right on par w/ T.O.'s and that's not a good thing. He should help us but, he's a bit of a downgrade and T.O. isnt even at his best anymore. I do think he can help us but, I think he's bound to disappoint all the fans if people are expecting him to have some amazing pro bowl season and lead the league in TDs.
                        You're right. Roy isn't all that. He will disappoint many because whether we think so or not, the broad fanbase will be expecting him to be one of the top WRs in the game. That's why I think he got paid too much and that's why I think the cost to get him was too high. I openly admit that I thought it was a good get at the time, but sitting here right now with hindsight 20/20, that trade and his pay is overwhelming.

I really don't care about the stats he puts up... it's whatevers. I just expect him to catch the ball when it's thrown to him. I don't want no crying from him. I don't want no dropped balls from him. I don't want him to be scared going across the middle. I don't want him to be an oft-injured player. I don't want him being a locker room cancer. I don't want him to be selfish. I just want him to catch the ball, and help us move the team downfield. If he can't do that, then I want him gone.

Comment

• I remember right after the trade saying it was stupid and we would regret it.

I remember devoting an entire post to why Anquan Boldin was worthy of trading for, but Roy Williams wasn't long before the trade.

Not saying Q was available, but we should have been content to stay with what we had if we couldn't get a game breaker.

The funny thing is that Roy Williams will probably give us slightly higher production than Matt Jones would give us if he was our number 1. Only difference is Matt Jones would cost under a mil haha.

It's pathetic that these guys have put in "extra" work all off-season while Hurd and Austin have been injured, yet the 2 UDFA's have been making all the plays and Roy is just being the scrub that he is.

**** RW. We will all curse the day we cut T.O.

T.O. had the production to match his big mouth, RW doesn't even come close.

Comment

• http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3bf9752.html

Comment

From the day Eagles fans cheered Irvin being incapacitated I have never shed a tear for any Eagle injury ever. In fact, sadly, I kind of say what goes around goes around ....

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                                From the day Eagles fans cheered Irvin being incapacitated I have never shed a tear for any Eagle injury ever. In fact, sadly, I kind of say what goes around goes around ....
                                ****. I was really hoping you'd care. ****, what am I going to do now?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information