This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you Dallas homers...

What do you see Felix Jones doing this season???

I'm a Titans homer so I didn't really get to see Felix play much last season (especially since he got hurt).

Comment

• [QUOTE=D-Unit;1754477]Player you love most: Tony Romo

Player you can't stand most that starts: Spears

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Checkdown Mcgee

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Miles Austin

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Mike Jenkins

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Flozell Adams (healthy or not)

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Spears

Breakout guy: Martellus Bennett

"Your guy": Orlando Scandrick (you hated this pick BTW) Witten

Player who will most improve: Felix Jones

Player who will not improve: Allan Ball

Player who will regress most: Barber (alot fewer touches)

Biggest salary cap burden: Flozell Adams

Biggest salary cap bargain: Orlando Scandrick

Rookie you like most: Hamlin

Rookie you hate most: Robert Brewster (Would have took Duke)

Mine

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Player you love most: Ware - Enjoy watching a future HOFer entering his prime.

Player you can't stand most that starts: Spears - Least amount of production versus promise when drafted.

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Proctor - He's just a punching bag because of our lack of depth.

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Spencer - Critical piece to this defense.

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Bennett - I think this kid is about to explode; the only thing that will keep his numbers from being huge is Witten taking some of his catches. However, he will be a big play machine and most folks forget that he will be a dominate blocker.

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Geroude - There was a reason they were really wanting Unger on draft day.

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Spears - Just not living up to draft status.

Breakout guy: Bennett - See above

Player who will most improve: Austin - Will have a very nice year.

Player who will not improve: Ken Hamlin - decent player but not worth his cap number.

Player who will regress most: Geroude - There were some whispers around the ranch at the end of last year that the coaches were not real happy with his play.

Biggest salary cap burden: Ken Hamlin - See above.

Biggest salary cap bargain: Scandrick - What else can be said; great competitor.

Rookie you like most: David Buehler - I'll go with him since I think ST is an area we could see the biggest improvement for this team.

Rookie you hate most: Robert Brewster - I don't hate him; I'm just disappointed in the setback (he wasn't going to contribute this year anyway).
        Last edited by Macarthur; 08-13-2009, 03:55 PM.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I dont even know how to answer a lot of those because, I dont really hate any of our guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            I dont even know how to answer a lot of those because, I dont really hate any of our guys.
            Haha. You're like the complete opposite of Bob. He hates everyone on the team and only likes the ones we let go.

Comment

• [QUOTE=pocketaces;1754531]
              Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Player you love most: Tony Romo

Player you can't stand most that starts: Spears

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Checkdown Mcgee

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Miles Austin

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Mike Jenkins

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Flozell Adams (healthy or not)

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Spears

"Your guy": Orlando Scandrick (you hated this pick BTW) Witten

Player who will most improve: Felix Jones

Player who will not improve: Allan Ball

Player who will regress most: Barber (alot fewer touches)

Biggest salary cap bargain: Orlando Scandrick

Rookie you like most: Hamlin

Rookie you hate most: Robert Brewster (Would have took Duke)

Mine
              I didn't hate the Scandrick pick... I thought he was great value in the 5th. When we got him, I thought it was a steal. I just didn't like the hype he was getting which was as high as a 2nd rounder at one point.

Comment

• Player you love most: Terence Newman

Player you can't stand most that starts: Marcus Spears

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Bobby Carpenter

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Anthony Spencer

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Felix Jones

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Miles Austin

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Bobby Carpenter

"Your guy": Mike Jenkins

Player who will most improve: Mike Jenkins

Player who will not improve: Jason Hatcher

Player who will regress most: Marcus Spears

Biggest salary cap bargain: Jay Ratliff

Rookie you like most: Jason Williams

Rookie you hate most: Stephan Mcgee

Comment

• Jay Ratliff is easily the player with the best value on this team...

I know we say Jay is a liability in the run game, and I thought so myself, but it isn't true according to football outsiders.

Bradie James and Zach Thomas were the reason for a soft interior on D, Ratliff actually ranked among the best as far as run stuffing NT's. He had better number than Jamal Williams and Casey Hampton. We all know he can rush the passer....

To have this guy for 5 yr/25 mill is amazing. Wait until we see what Wilfork gets. I'll bet he touches 31-36 mill in just guaranteed money, not to mention a contract in the 87-92 range.

Comment

• By the way, I have the most recent football outsiders metrics on PDF so if anyone would like to see it hit me up. Shoot you emails to my inbox and ill do it later tonight.

Comment

• ugh, I'll give it a shot.

Player you love most: Tony Romo/Sam Hurd

Player you can't stand most that starts: I guess Kosier, he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be, though. I honestly dont have a big problem with him, as long as he's healthy.

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Cory Procter

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Roy Williams

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Tony Romo will re-capture your hearts

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Not something I want to think about. haha

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Smart money is on Bobby

"Your guy": Sam Hurd

Player who will most improve: Mike Jenkins

Player who will not improve: Jason Hatcher

Player who will regress most: Jason Hatcher

Biggest salary cap burden: Ken Hamlin if he doesnt step it up

Biggest salary cap bargain: Jay Ratliff

Rookie you like most: Jason Williams for the future.

Rookie you hate most: Stephen Mcgee
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-13-2009, 04:42 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        If Bob bothers you guys so much, try putting him on your ignore list. I finally did it myself last night.
                        Join the club guys wooot!!! It makes for a much better experience, according to Bob he should be GM of this team because only he knows what's best from sitting at home on his couch.

Anyway excited for 2nite, do we have an official kickoff time yet? Can't find it.

I'm really excited about Stanback and Ogletree on offense honestly, I'll try and look out for Free, but I want to see how these two guys do in particuliar because that 5th WR spot is up for grabs.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                          Jay Ratliff is easily the player with the best value on this team...

I know we say Jay is a liability in the run game, and I thought so myself, but it isn't true according to football outsiders.

Bradie James and Zach Thomas were the reason for a soft interior on D, Ratliff actually ranked among the best as far as run stuffing NT's. He had better number than Jamal Williams and Casey Hampton. We all know he can rush the passer....

To have this guy for 5 yr/25 mill is amazing. Wait until we see what Wilfork gets. I'll bet he touches 31-36 mill in just guaranteed money, not to mention a contract in the 87-92 range.
                          That's pretty shocking to hear. Is it the highlight reel of him looking like a human bowling pin too influencing on me? I'm gonna have to watch more closely this year.

I'd like to read that article. Post it. Thanks.

Comment

• 2nd half offense is going to be dreadful to watch tonight, most likely. Mcgee/Carpenter running things. Bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
                              Question for you Dallas homers...

What do you see Felix Jones doing this season???

I'm a Titans homer so I didn't really get to see Felix play much last season (especially since he got hurt).
                              Somewhere around 100-1100 total yards, maybe 800 rushing or so, 10 total TD's. Felix is a perfect fit for this team because he can make something happen with very little carries, he doesn't need 25 touches to make an impact, he can make it happen with 5, every time he touches the ball he's a threat to score and I think the coaching staff realizes it now more then ever.

He has a chance to be really special in this league, let's see how his durability issues hold up because if he can't finish this year, then we need to limit his touches until he proves otherwise, but he's gained some weight and is much more then just an outside runner.

He'll be one of the featured offensive players, and I expect big things from him, down the line a backfield duo of Choice and Felix sounds very promising.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                That's pretty shocking to hear. Is it the highlight reel of him looking like a human bowling pin too influencing on me? I'm gonna have to watch more closely this year.

I'd like to read that article. Post it. Thanks.
                                PM me your email and I can send you the numbers for the entire league

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information