Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a beautiful day in Dallas boys. Woke up this morning with a smile on my face because I'm here at the Gaylord ready to pregame for tonight. Where is my damn bloody mary?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Talent wise we're not perfect, but our downfall has been failure to execute, failure to work as a team, and heart/passion/confidence.... not scheme or a disadvantage in talent.
      Can't agree more, D. There's not a lot of team cohesion on this abundantly talented team.

With the Wade Phillips connection Dallas is the SD Bolts of the NFC, & I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing.

Comment

• Hey MOTH, remember when you said Seattle planned on using JJ as a feature back last week?

Justin Forsett: 5 rushes, 35 yards, 6 receptions, 57 yards

Julius Jones: 8 rushes, 11 yards, 3 catches, -2 yards

Lol I tried to tell you, he always gets hyped back up after he runs all over St Louis like he does every year then he goes right back to forgotten man. He's running out of excuses.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Did you watch any of that game? Granted, I was surprised they pulled the plug on him early but, Hasselbeck got hurt, they stacked the box and they started passing. Lets give it some time, I can make this same type of post next week if he runs for 100 yards.

And them using him as their featured guy, is straight from the coaches mouth.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            I don't see us winning this game. We're banged up in the secondary. No Aaron Ross, probably no Kevin Dockery, and Phillips and Michael Johnson are both hurt.

Our secondary is one big bandage coming into this game. That doesn't bode well for us. We'll probably have UDFA Bruce Johnson on Miles Austin. Thats not good.

And theres no saying what Boley will do in his first game action with our team. You can't just strap on the pads and get in a new team and new system without any hickups. So thats another issue.

Plus, your first home game in the new stadium, I just don't see us winning. Id be shocked if we win.

Troy Aikman was on our local radio station, and I think he said it best. If the Cowboys can't win this game with all the momentum they have going in, then nothing has changed from last year to this year.
            I agree! I am not expecting a win at all. Half the team isn't playing! Well, not half, but you get the idea. I expect to get the mess kicked out of us, and then we can win against TB. They are horrible!

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              Hey MOTH, remember when you said Seattle planned on using JJ as a feature back last week?

Justin Forsett: 5 rushes, 35 yards, 6 receptions, 57 yards

Julius Jones: 8 rushes, 11 yards, 3 catches, -2 yards

Lol I tried to tell you, he always gets hyped back up after he runs all over St Louis like he does every year then he goes right back to forgotten man. He's running out of excuses.
              Can you guys take him back please? I was not a happy fan when we signed him... It's like we got the 2006 version of Shaun Alexander all over again.

Comment

• Romo has no excuses after he's had this much experience to continue to make the same stupid turnovers and to say otherwise is being a homer apologist.

Comment

• Well that game lived up to it's billing. Gotta love those dancing bar girls! How hilarious was that? Oh I love Jerry. :D He knows how to put the cherry on top! Looked like a great crowd ...but the stadium didn't sound loud...they weren't rockin' the house by any means... Wasn't like a rabid college game scene. Then again, NFL fans are a different type. That's one of the reasons why I love college more than the NFL.

I'm sick we lost, but all my teams lost this weekend, so I think I was numb before the game even started. lol.

LOL@the game thread. Some major knee jerk reactions going on in there.

Season is young. Giants were supposed to win. It only hurts because we could've won. I'm not even gonna say we should've won. So we had a bunch of fans and played in the new stadium... so that's supposed to guarantee a win? Toilet logic. Some of you even convinced yourselves that we were gonna win because Romo was 4-0 against the Giants in the regular season. ...again... more toilet logic.

The game was going the exact way we wanted it to. Our D was holding the Giants to a lot of FGs. Imagine if we gave up TDs instead... the game would've been more in line with what the experts thought... with the Giants dominating us just like they have the Giants dominating our Division on the whole season. We shut their running game DOWN LIKE CHARLIE BROWN! I'm so proud of our run defense! Brandon Jacobs the yapper had little to do with the Giants win. Ahmad Bradshaw who? Garrett's playcalling was unpredictable and clever. We just LOST. It was a close battle and we showed that we belong. They aren't vastly superior. It was the kind of game where whoever had the ball last would win.

Man, Eli Manning has arrived. The young Eli Manning was not believable. This Eli Manning is a star. I don't care what other people say anymore. I'm definitely in his corner if people wanna bash his abilities. Tonight, he did everything you want out of your QB. Evaded the rush, made plays when plays were broken down, kept important drives alive when the odds were down and big conversions were necessary, found the open receivers, spread it around, kept his composure and didn't turn the ball over. Eli is now the best QB in the NFC East hands down.

Again, I'm so proud of our Run Defense tonight. Our guys really must have focused on it this past week because it definitely showed. The Giants running schemes were supposed to expose us just like Tampa did. BBD said the Giants scheme is supposed to incorporate Zone Blocking which is what Tampa runs... I don't know what they ran against us, but it didn't work. No no. It didn't happen. When I watched NFL live last week and Marcellus Wiley broke down the reasons why our run defense against Tampa was so poor, the one thing he said was that it was a correctable thing. That it wasn't a problem in the mismatch of talent, but just by playing more disciplined, proper film study and making the right adjustments can fix our problems against the run. Our guys shut the lights out against the Giants running attack. I hope we can get that kind of play from them the rest of the year. Cause it was brilliant. They couldn't establish anything. Our DL broke through for stops, our LBs fought off blocks, even our secondary came up for fast run support. As far as our Run Defense tonight, we were in Super Bowl form.

And on the flip side our own Running Game was F'n Awesome!!! Can't say enough about the blocking we got and the elusiveness/vision/cutting ability of our backs. The OL made gapping holes that I haven't seen since our SB runs in the 90s. Like seriously. I think our OL reviewed tape from Moses parting the Red Sea! Deon Anderson was a friggin bulldog. He is one of the unsung heroes on this team that doesn't get enough credit. Goooolly. I ain't crying over Lousaka Polite or Oliver Hoyte, I'll tell you that! But as a whole everyone was blocking great tonight... our TEs, WRs... heck, I even saw Romo try to sacrifice himself on the Crayton reverse. That was hilarious! He dove at air. LMAO. I had a good laugh out of that one while cheering the brilliant playcall by Garrett. I'd love to see more of that one in the future for sure. Running wise, Run Blocking wise... we were in Super Bowl form.

You may be surprised, but I'm not going to bash Tony over this one. Yes, he does NOT get a free pass, but our receivers were dropping passes that were very catchable. Roy dropped a pass that could've lead to a 1st and goal ball on the 1. Crayton seemed like he was closing his eyes trying to catch some of those passes...especially the one in the endzone. Flozell "Mr. I lead the league in dumb ass penalties" killed the one big play of Crayton's day. Hurd's lack of deep speed was painfully obvious as Kenny Phillips picked off the deep pass intended for Hurd. Austin would've been in position. ...speaking of whom... was a complete non-factor. How about using him to stretch the field? Sometimes you can even get a PI call if you try it... Just like the Giants got one on Newman. I don't think Witten was perfect for the night either. Just an inconsistency in focus and concentration by our receivers as a whole. None of our guys are "cradle catchers", so that's great and all, but our "hands" were just not glue tonight. The INT off Witten's foot and the one intended for Hurd... I can't blame Romo for those even if he was slightly off target. Romo is a gun slinger and that's one of the reasons that makes him dangerous, but it's a double edged sword. His idol is Brett Favre and there is so much resemblance it ain't funny. Favre won 1 SB in GB in his entire long career there and is a sure fire HOFer. I think that's about par for the course for Romo's career expectations. One game at a time boys. Some days will be great, some days will be headaches. For those talking about how great Cutler is... he's in the same damn boat. Don't jump ship. In the same way that our run defense was correctable after game 1, our passing game is correctable as well. Keep the Faith!

Our pass defense was horrendous. Worst I've ever seen from them as a group. I've seen bad days when 1 person has destroyed our dreams *cough* Roy Williams *cough*. But today was the first time that the coverage from all of them was bad. It was just UGLY. Our reaction time was slow, we couldn't keep our feet under us, couldn't tip a ball in our direction, and the middle of the field deep was open ALL DAY. We need better safety coverage. Period. We need Taylor Mays. I hope his stock keeps dropping. *Dream ON* Anyways, I know the knee jerk reaction will crucify our guys, but we have to realize this is a part of the growing process. Momma said there'd be days like this. I was REALLY impressed with Newman's leadership and passion he showed...even on the sidelines as he tried to rally the offense. He was beaten, but he never gave up. That's a damn leader. Scandrick had his worst day as a player. Eli kept picking on him, but he did wrap up his tackles for short gains. It's just that each pass was made on long gains. Again, kudos to Eli for being on the money with his passes. He showed he's a big timer. I honestly don't remember even seeing Hamlin in on any play... but the stat sheet says he has 8 tackles. lol.

Anyways, I'll have more to say later but it's time for bed. We're ok. We almost beat them. Put up 31 points on their D. If we keep running like this and defending the run like this... there will be some good days ahead.

Wondering about Barber though. That could be a big blow.

Comment

• Well actually I guess I should include a safety in there too... FS Morgan Burnett, WR Terrance Toliver or OT Bruce Campbell? All 3 could potentially be round 1 picks with Campbell the most likely to go in round one in my opinion.

If I didn't take Williams already Campbell would be the pick for sure but I'm basically debating if I should add another young body to the line or if getting a WR or S is more important.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Oh I love Jerry. :D
                      Drive for show, putt for dough.

And no, our receivers were not dropping passes all over the place.

And yes, it was Romo fault.

And no, Giants were not supposed to win Homer.

And yes, celebrating we shut down their running game is like the French saying the Maginot line remained intact even after the Germans invaded.

And no, it is not knee jerk to be upset we lost another game in the same fashion we have the past few. It indicates we are the same set of losers from loserville last year.

I guess the sun and surf has its deleterious effects. God bless.
                      Last edited by herniateddisc; 09-21-2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• im gonna post my breakdown later in the day.

i must say, some of the overreaction by you guys is ridiculous. bench Romo? really? have you guys lost your mind?

that was an incredible game.

Comment

im gonna post my breakdown later in the day.

i must say, some of the overreaction by you guys is ridiculous. bench Romo? really? have you guys lost your mind?

Every time i write off a player, I am told I over react but I have been accurate.

Roy SS
                          TO WR
                          Bradie MLB
                          Romo

Romo will continue to play but the occassional benching might help him at least cut down on stupidity. Same as it has helped Donovan McNabb ground his inflated ego. We need a QB however to run the Offense.

Regardless though, he is what he is. Sloppy. Mistake prone. With flashes of brilliance.
                          Last edited by herniateddisc; 09-21-2009, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Fake Jerry and Wade on the ticket now= hilarity.

Comment

im gonna post my breakdown later in the day.

You take our mental midget QB if you like him so much.

Comment

• Trust me, if we didn't have Eli Manning id welcome Romo to our team with open arms.

Romo is a good quarterback. He's not clutch, but he's a good quarterback. Theres a lot of teams out there that would kill to have Romo qb their team.

I understand the disappointment, but you guys are being ridiculous.

My full evaluation will come later.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information