This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Ugh. Say what you will, he was off in the first half of last week. But yeah, he still threw for 350+ and 3 Tds. You're grasping at invisble straws with that one.
    Over 1/3 of that yardage came from blown plays. I'm not here to say Tony isn't a good QB. I'm just saying that for a team that has this type of talent Tony either has to correct this problem or get some freelance taken away.

16TD and 16TO in his last 11 games is terrible.

I can give him passes if it's just "one game"....but this has been a reoccurring thing...and that is when something has to be done to change it.

Comment

• The argument for his checks Kill Kill and Omaha Omaha is weak. Throw the ball? We had a 6 man front to run against and were trying to burn the clock. We had no reason to throw the ball...it wasn't like we had to get down the field in under a minute. A lot of defense going to Romo from fans. You don't come into the season and play like piss after you just finished your last season like piss. It's a lack of preparation on his part.

Comment

• Im just trying to give the guy some credit. I just think you guys are grossly overreacting to a bad game.

Romo is good for 1 or 2 of these games every season. Everyone knows it.

Sometimes you dont know what you have until you lose it. You won't appreciate Romo until he's gone. You'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Im just trying to give the guy some credit. I just think you guys are grossly overreacting to a bad game.

Sometimes you dont know what you have until you lose it. You won't appreciate Romo until he's gone. You'll see.
          Since his pinky injury his TD:TO ration is 1:1

We are 5-4 since than.

In his last nine game he has only played one game without a TO and that was week 1 in TB. In those 9 games he has had 6 games where he had turned the ball over multiple times in those games.

I'm sorry but for a team that has talent and is getting smashed by the media for not playing up to it...I think the majority of the blame has to fall on him.

Not to mention when you fail to come into the season accurate and aware of the situations around you...noone can defend you saying that you were prepared...it's shows a lack of motivation on his part...and no team in the NFL wants that from the most important position on the field.

Proof is in the pudding on this one.
          Last edited by thule; 09-21-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• I haven't browsed too much on here. No need to read y'all's frustrations that were probably similar to my own. I really hated Romo last night, but I don't want to put the blame on his shoulders. The D went from playing all world to looking like second half chumps. Too many mistakes kept this from being the blow out that it should've been. Props to the Giants for making the plays when they counted though. We can speak all day about how the Cowboys dominated that game outside of some mental plays, but they got the W because they played for it.

Now on the bright side. I'm sure alot of guys are blowing up and overreacting with the whole, "We suck! OMGZ we shoulda traded for somebody else! It's da Jerry'z fault. blah blah blah" Well look at the bright side. The game was close. The team got over 250 yards rushing against a solid front 7, even with their injuries. One of the turnovers was one of the luckiest plays ever, when the ball bounced off of Witten's foot. Anthony Spencer played one hell of a game, and the D-line looked pretty good against one of the league's best. Also look at the fact that it's a close loss to a division rival early in the season. **** like this happens, so let's not go calling for people's heads now.

And Ratliff made a statement last night. Haloti who? Hahahahaha!

Disclaimer: I don't think Jay Ratliff is better than Haloti Ngata. It was a joke. Please don't e-lynch me, and perform an internet hate crime. Just pointing out that Jay Ratliff beasted it up last night.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
              I haven't browsed too much on here. No need to read y'all's frustrations that were probably similar to my own. I really hated Romo last night, but I don't want to put the blame on his shoulders. The D went from playing all world to looking like second half chumps. Too many mistakes kept this from being the blow out that it should've been. Props to the Giants for making the plays when they counted though. We can speak all day about how the Cowboys dominated that game outside of some mental plays, but they got the W because they played for it.

Now on the bright side. I'm sure alot of guys are blowing up and overreacting with the whole, "We suck! OMGZ we shoulda traded for somebody else! It's da Jerry'z fault. blah blah blah" Well look at the bright side. The game was close. The team got over 250 yards rushing against a solid front 7, even with their injuries. One of the turnovers was one of the luckiest plays ever, when the ball bounced off of Witten's foot. Anthony Spencer played one hell of a game, and the D-line looked pretty good against one of the league's best. Also look at the fact that it's a close loss to a division rival early in the season. **** like this happens, so let's not go calling for people's heads now.

And Ratliff made a statement last night. Haloti who? Hahahahaha!

Disclaimer: I don't think Jay Ratliff is better than Haloti Ngata. It was a joke. Please don't e-lynch me, and perform an internet hate crime. Just pointing out that Jay Ratliff beasted it up last night.
              When you lose at home to a team that is the favorite in the division your almost already getting ready for the wild card slot. Best we do in the division is 3-3 imo. That makes it hard to score a WC...we have to dominate NFC opponites. Carolina game this week is pretty big for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Im just trying to give the guy some credit. I just think you guys are grossly overreacting to a bad game.

I don't doubt that you're right about that but the standard for QBs in Dallas is Staubach and Aikman who won 5 championships which isn't fair or realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  When you lose at home to a team that is the favorite in the division your almost already getting ready for the wild card slot. Best we do in the division is 3-3 imo. That makes it hard to score a WC...we have to dominate NFC opponites. Carolina game this week is pretty big for us.
                  Ah it's still too early to tell. It's not like they haven't beaten the Giants in NY, and it's not like they got stomped. McNabb or not, the Eagles D caved in worse than the Cowboys did yesterday, so they're not so invincible either. The Redskins aren't looking like their offense will be good, so they're not unbeatable either. Last night was a huge disappointment, but it's only week 2. Let's wait until week 8 to start thinking playoffs or not.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                    Last year we beat them at home or on the road? I'm asking because I can't remember right now...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                      Ah it's still too early to tell. It's not like they haven't beaten the Giants in NY, and it's not like they got stomped. McNabb or not, the Eagles D caved in worse than the Cowboys did yesterday, so they're not so invincible either. The Redskins aren't looking like their offense will be good, so they're not unbeatable either. Last night was a huge disappointment, but it's only week 2. Let's wait until week 8 to start thinking playoffs or not.
                      I'm not thinking playoffs or not...I'm thinking f*** now we are going for the wildcard...something that I wouldn't have thought of if we had won this game.

Comment

• I still don't think it's a given that the Giants are going to win the division. It's just too early. They can lose any week now, and then it's a tiebreaker with another opportunity to play them. If the Cowboys win the next three before the bye, they'll gain a ton of momentum. The Giants have to play Tampa Bay, KC, Oakland, New Orleans, Arizona, Philly(McNabb might be back by then), and San Diego before they have a bye. Then they play Atlanta, Denver, and *drumroll* Dallas again. Yeah they're a good team, but I can imagine them losing 2-3 games along that stretch.

I think by the time Dallas and New York meet again, it'll be for tops in the division. I think we're giving the Giants way too much credit here. They got gashed on the ground big time last night, and they still have some injury problems to overcome. They're not 100%, and it's going to hurt them in a few weeks or so. Dallas' easy schedule and bye could help them catch up to gain some momentum.
                        ~Nigerian Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          No what's sad? Newman played better when he had plantar faciitis.
                          Dude, is that what he had? I forget. I've been dealing with that crap for the last month and I can tell you... IT SUCKS HARDCORE!!! I hate it. Made me walk funny when it was bad. It's almost gone now. No way that wasn't a problem.

I just think he's lost some of that closing speed that he used to have when he was younger. Happens to them all. Even Champ Bailey lacks that these days.

Comment

• Terence Newman isn't too slow. Newman is now being exposed at what his weakness was coming out of K-State. He has horrible ball-skills, and when his WR makes a cut or a move towards a pass, he gets absolutely lost. On that Manningham TD, he easily could have caught up to him but instead he fell behind once he turned his shoulder. I actually think he slows down as he turns for fear of either running into the WR or maybe getting lost on his route.

Either way, this was about as bad as i've ever seen Newman play. Scandrick is a second year player out of Boise State. I'm not expecting him to come out playing like an all-pro. But out of a 7 year veteran? The 7 year veteran that's supposed to be our best CB and the leader of the secondary? This isn't a good sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                              Terence Newman isn't too slow. Newman is now being exposed at what his weakness was coming out of K-State. He has horrible ball-skills, and when his WR makes a cut or a move towards a pass, he gets absolutely lost. On that Manningham TD, he easily could have caught up to him but instead he fell behind once he turned his shoulder. I actually think he slows down as he turns for fear of either running into the WR or maybe getting lost on his route.

Either way, this was about as bad as i've ever seen Newman play. Scandrick is a second year player out of Boise State. I'm not expecting him to come out playing like an all-pro. But out of a 7 year veteran? The 7 year veteran that's supposed to be our best CB and the leader of the secondary? This isn't a good sign.
                              7 years and only now being exposed? Not bad. Not bad at all, I say. LMAO.

This looks like another one of those classic knee jerk reactions once again. I dunnot what people think... is he supposed to be shutdown on every play of every game for his career from beginning to end or else he's "EXPOSED"?! He does way more good than bad. Until this becomes a trend, I'm in Newman's corner. Better believe dat! ...and when he's done being a corner, I'm ready for him to play Safety. ;)

Comment

• I think a lot of the problems attributed to the secondary could be cured with some pressure on the QB. Other than Ware and Rat, nobody looked explosive or dangerous. NOBODY can cover receivers for as long as our guys had to last night. Given enough time, someone will get open.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information