Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We must use Roy the way we used TO... slant routes and let him run after the catch..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      It was funny until you got to the Jarron Gilbert part. lol. Rather have him than Robert Brewster and Brandon Williams. Marcus Spears sucks. Jason Hatcher sucks. Where's Stephen Bowen? I thought he was supposed to break out according to MOTH.

Fact that he doesn't do anything for the Bears is irrelevant at this point.
      I'm not giving up on those guys. Certainly, we won't get anything out of Brewster this year, but we may still get something out of Williams.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• It was funny until you got to the Jarron Gilbert part. lol. Rather have him than Robert Brewster and Brandon Williams. Marcus Spears sucks. Jason Hatcher sucks.
        I agree D, Gilbert would have been the best fit in Dallas, not Chicago. He can't crack the starting d-line there, while in Dallas he was filling a clear need with Canty gone to NY & the sucking from Spears & Hatcher.

Gilbert was the national leader in Div. 1 last season in TFLs, is a premier pass rusher, & is rotting on the vine on the Bears bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          I agree D, Gilbert would have been the best fit in Dallas, not Chicago. He can't crack the starting d-line there, while in Dallas he was filling a clear need with Canty gone to NY & the sucking from Spears & Hatcher.

Gilbert was the national leader in Div. 1 last season in TFLs, is a premier pass rusher, & is rotting on the vine on the Bears bench.
          Guys, he may turn out to be a good player, but to say he's a "premiere pass rusher" is stretching it a bit.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

But didn't Gilbert play in a 4-3 during college? That would seem to be an easier transition than learning a 3-4. Not saying that he couldn't beast it up here, but he'd have to deal with learning the intricacies of playing outside in a different scheme in addition to learning the speed of the game.
            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
              But didn't Gilbert play in a 4-3 during college? That would seem to be an easier transition than learning a 3-4. Not saying that he couldn't beast it up here, but he'd have to deal with learning the intricacies of playing outside in a different scheme in addition to learning the speed of the game.
              They are moving him to the inside in Chicago. ...and in Phillips' 34, he would've been perfectly fine because it's still a 1 gap scheme. The Parcells and Lebeau schemes are 2 gap, so that's a bigger transition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                Guys, he may turn out to be a good player, but to say he's a "premiere pass rusher" is stretching it a bit.
                I think he was referring to Gilbert as an elite pass rusher "in college". ...which he was.

Comment

I think he was referring to Gilbert as an elite pass rusher "in college". ...which he was.
                  Thanx, that's all I was reffing here, his college experience at SJSU, that's all anyone can measure a rookie with.

They are moving him to the inside in Chicago. ...and in Phillips' 34, he would've been perfectly fine because it's still a 1 gap scheme. The Parcells and Lebeau schemes are 2 gap, so that's a bigger transition.
                  I interviewed Gilbert at the SJSU Pro Day. He played outside in college as a designated pass rusher on 3rd & long downs, then was moved inside as a 4-3 DT. The combo of the 2 led to his accumulated highest TFL total in Div. 1.

He has the size to be a 4-3 2-gapper DT, & the quick 1st step to be a 5 technique DE, which is where he thought he would be best in the NFL. I hope he gets his chance with the Chicago d-line where they're looking for Mark Anderson to return to his league-leading sack total form he posted as a rookie & for Tommie Harris to fully recover from his leg injury that kept him out of their SB. IDK his present status, Bears fans help us out, is he a situational DE now?

Dallas had an overt interest in him as an early Day 2 pick, then Chicago snatched him up 1 pick before the Cowboys selection. For this season, he's the DE who could've replaced Canty who got away.

Comment

Thanx, that's all I was reffing here, his college experience at SJSU, that's all anyone can measure a rookie with.

I interviewed Gilbert at the SJSU Pro Day. He played outside in college as a designated pass rusher on 3rd & long downs, then was moved inside as a 4-3 DT. The combo of the 2 led to his accumulated highest TFL total in Div. 1.

He has the size to be a 4-3 2-gapper DT, & the quick 1st step to be a 5 technique DE, which is where he thought he would be best in the NFL. I hope he gets his chance with the Chicago d-line where they're looking for Mark Anderson to return to his league-leading sack total form he posted as a rookie & for Tommie Harris to fully recover from his leg injury that kept him out of their SB. IDK his present status, Bears fans help us out, is he a situational DE now?

Dallas had an overt interest in him as an early Day 2 pick, then Chicago snatched him up 1 pick before the Cowboys selection. For this season, he's the DE who could've replaced Canty who got away.
                    You interviewed him? Who ARE you? haha.

I really think he was going to be our pick even though Dallas would deny it after the fact that they wanted Williams.

Anyhow... We could've had Gilbert AND Williams if we didn't do that Buffalo trade. That would've made for a good draft. Too cute Jerry! Too cute!

Comment

• D-Unit is right about not freaking out just yet, the team is 1-1after 2 tough games.

But don't underestimate what a wakeup call Sunday night's game was for Dallas. They were at home & clearly had the advantage of comparative injuries. That loss emphasized a number of problem areas that need immediate attn. from the coaching staff, but ther were bright spots too, like the defensee holding NY to FGs vs TDs when they had them in the red zone & reinforced the Giants rep as a team with red zone scoring issues. And the o-line minimized the sacks allowed & opened huge holes you could drive a bus through for Barber & the RBs.

It's official -- the Giants just put Kenny Phillips on IR, done for the yr. Add the Tuck injury & the next NY opponents will have to tip their hats to Dallas for depleting their active roster. Just like the 9ers will issue a big old Thank You to Dallas if the Cowboys pummel Delhomme & the Panthers next Monday night since they own Carolina's #1 pick in 2010

Comment

D-Unit is right about not freaking out just yet, the team is 1-1after 2 tough games.

But don't underestimate what a wakeup call Sunday night's game was for Dallas. They were at home & clearly had the advantage of comparative injuries. That loss emphasized a number of problem areas that need immediate attn. from the coaching staff, but ther were bright spots too, like the defensee holding NY to FGs vs TDs when they had them in the red zone & reinforced the Giants rep as a team with red zone scoring issues. And the o-line minimized the sacks allowed & opened huge holes you could drive a bus through for Barber & the RBs.

It's official -- the Giants just put Kenny Phillips on IR, done for the yr. Add the Tuck injury & the next NY opponents will have to tip their hats to Dallas for depleting their active roster. Just like the 9ers will issue a big old Thank You to Dallas if the Cowboys pummel Delhomme & the Panthers next Monday night since they own Carolina's #1 pick in 2010
                        I have tried to avoid reading any posts this week on here because I knew there would be way too many overreactions to the game. I'm fine with losing a game or two earlier in the season, maybe then this means we'll play better in December & January. At any rate, I'm sure the coaching staff will make the proper adjustments and we'll be fine this week. Watch out for us teeing off on Delhomme with a lot of blitzes early.

Comment

• I'm just trying to keep things in real perspective here. Many teams have gone 0-2 before (and worse) and made the playoffs...

Also keeping things in perspective... we could easily lose to Carolina. This is the NFL. Nothing should surprise you.

So I dunno how a team with 0 sacks and 0 ints can be talked about as "teeing off on Delhomme".

Comment

I'm just trying to keep things in real perspective here. Many teams have gone 0-2 before (and worse) and made the playoffs...

Also keeping things in perspective... we could easily lose to Carolina. This is the NFL. Nothing should surprise you.

So I dunno how a team with 0 sacks and 0 ints can be talked about as "teeing off on Delhomme".
                            If I'm not mistaken, Tennessee made the playoffs a few years back after starting 1-4. They're 0-2 now, but I'm sure nobody is counting them out yet. They've proven that things happening early on doesn't mean that they'll happen all season long.
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

I'm just trying to keep things in real perspective here. Many teams have gone 0-2 before (and worse) and made the playoffs...

Why not? Delhomme has been sacked 4 times in 2 games and has turned the ball over several times. I know we haven't gotten to the QB, but have had a lot of hurries.

Comment

I just can't get over the types (and volumes) of mistakes with Tony Turnover. This is my concern.

We might (should) still make the playoffs but anyone not disturbed by the "LOSER" tag put on Tony Turnover need their head examined.

Again, the pom pom fannies are going to mention Peyton Manning but for anyone honest enough to admit it ..... it was the Colts D that won that SB. Peyton was very mediocre .... though at least in his defense he did not make killer plays.

Anyone think our D can dominate 4 straight games versus top level competition without Tony Turnover having a disasterous turnover fest game?

This is why I call this team soft and Tony a flake. I can not imagine 4 games of tough nose D and effective QBing. 4 straight? Just hard ....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information