Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would prefer Nolan over anyone at this time. At least he is still young and is doing wonders in Denver will average personnel.

Comment

• Im still a big believer in Tony Romo, but he doesn't look the same without TO.

I underestimated how much he relied on TO, but its still early, and you guys are 2-2, not 0-4, so theres no need to panic.

Especially with the Giants and Eagles being 1 big bandaid, you guys have stayed relatively healthy in comparison and its still anyone's division.

Having that said, Ive come away very unimpressed with the Cowboys so far this year. They just don't look like a very good team. I think some of it is finding an identity, but I also think some of the starting talent on this team has been overrated. Im guilty of it too, I overrated some of this talent.

The main problem is oddly enough, Tony Romo. He's doing a terrible job with presnap reads, he's telegraphing his throws, he's been inaccurate, and I think he's trying to be something he's not (game manager) which is hurting his overall game.

The sack/fumble, thats on Romo. You have to read the defense on that play. They came out selling him 1 look, and before he was going to snap it a good 1.5 seconds before he snaps it they align themselves in a totally different look and Tony just doesn't see it. He completely misses the Safety blitz which was actually easy to read. You have to do a better job diagnosing the defense presnap. Throw some hard counts in to see whats going on, take more time between snaps diagnosing the D, etc. Tony seems to key in on who he wants to throw to, and sticks with it no matter what. He has to correct that.

And without TO influencing coverage, everyone knows Romo is going to Witten in a big moment, so they've taken it away from him. So he struggles now with that safety blanket gone.

And Roy Williams plays uninspired football, he's slow, and he has no heart. He also runs terrible routes, and half asses many plays. The only positive I see in him is his run blocking. But he's still more open then his stat sheet leads you to believe. Tony just isn't getting it to him as much as he should.

Romo just needs to be Romo again. He is what he is, you can't change him. You have to accept the 4 INT game that comes after the 4 TD game. Trying to become a game manager has made him look below average.

He has weapons. He doesn't have all world talent at the WR core, but the guy has weapons. Witten, Roy, Crayton and Austin are no chop liver. Don't bash on the guys now, they are a solid core. Not as good as we thought, but its still very solid. Romo is just not getting it done.

He needs to sharpen his mental game. He's gotten away with it before, but without a true #1 WR to make it easy for him, he's got to do a better job of reading defenses.

I still believe in Romo as a very good qb in this league, the Cowboys just have to accept him for what he is, and build around his strengths. You can't make him into something he's not.

Comment

• I think you are 100% right.

I think they've got Tony over thinking things. He is struggling against himself.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I just pretty much knocked on him for not being a more cerebral qb, but now that I think of it, I don't think he's ever going to be that kind of guy.

The current offensive system with the current personnel really asks of him to be that, bc not having a true #1 requires you to really hit the right guy at the right time and thats not necessarily easy when you dont have a guy who shifts coverage like TO did. You really need to do a good job of diagnosing the defense and hitting the hot read with a WrBC type of offense, and thats not a Romo strength.

Which is why this offense is struggling. Youre asking him to do what PManning/Brees/Brady/EManning/preJackson McNabb have/are done/doing, and he's just never going to be that guy.

Which is why maybe it might be a good idea to go out and get him a true # 1 WR this offseason. Its too early to speculate, but if he struggles all season, he's going to need a #1 to be successful.

It doesn't look like Roy will ever be that guy, but hey, Marshall and Edwards are available this offseason. Something to keep an eye on.

I still believe in Romo. He's proven that if you give him what he needs, he can win for you. Its just a matter of identifying what you have in him, and building the right team around him. Its too early to say it so I'm going to reserve judgement for now, but if he continues to play like he has, he needs a #1.

Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is. Just give the guy what he needs, and he'll show you production.

Comment

• Marshall and Edwards....Hum, interesting.

Marshall is 25 and Edwards is 26 so they're both young. Of course Marshall is a certifiable nut. Edwards is a diva so both have their baggage.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I looked up a couple other FA WRs.

Lee Evans

Breaston

These 4 names are the only one's that interest me. Thoughts?

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• check this out on Edwards, according to PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lt-accusation/

what a douchebag. I was thinking if the Giants don't do well this season, Id be for getting Edwards in FA, but now I don't know. He seems to be the kind of guy we want to stay away from.

Maybe the Cowboys should do the same. The Cowboys "lure" would totally get to this guy's head. What a jerk. (if the allegations are true)

Comment

• I'm all about Evans. If he didn't have so many inept QB's throwing to him throughout his career, he could've put up some crazy numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                    I looked up a couple other FA WRs.

Lee Evans

Breaston

These 4 names are the only one's that interest me. Thoughts?
                    Or you guys can draft your own set and build from within..

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                      That would be great. However, WR is one of, next to QB, the most difficult positions to project to the next level. Especially, projecting to a #1 game changer.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        I'm all about Evans. If he didn't have so many inept QB's throwing to him throughout his career, he could've put up some crazy numbers.
                        I like Evans a lot. My only concern is that he is 28. I guess that's not too old.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                          What round did you all draft Plaxico in?

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            What round did you all draft Plaxico in?
                            They did not, Pitt did in the first. I think number 8.

But Plax dominated in College. You knew he had the skills.

Comment

• Twas Sarcasm.

But you cant really say much now because, they seem to have struck gold with Steve Smith.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                                They did not, Pitt did in the first. I think number 8.

But Plax dominated in College. You knew he had the skills.
                                that was his point haha.

Me personally, I rather just sign FA #1 WRs. its so hard to predict with the draft, youre better off spending a little more on a FA WR who you know is already good, and can come in right away and be the guy for you opposed to developing a WR which takes a good 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information