This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
    The owner and general manager should never be the same person. I'm not aware of any other team that has this set up.

Your 2nd statement is wrong, but it makes your 1st statement that much more correct.

Comment

• Some of you guys are giving up on the playoffs already?

You do realize youre 1 game ahead of the Giants, and could possibly play an Eagles team at the end of the season that will rest its starters?

The Giants still have the Skins who have played VERY well lately, Panthers (should be a win) and Vikings. If the Vikings play their starters, and or if we lose to the skins, youre probably makin it to the playoffs.

The Giants need a serious chokejob by Dallas to get in.

I see the Giants going 9-7, which means Dallas has to lose 2 more to blow this.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Some of you guys are giving up on the playoffs already?

You do realize youre 1 game ahead of the Giants, and could possibly play an Eagles team at the end of the season that will rest its starters?

The Giants still have the Skins who have played VERY well lately, Panthers (should be a win) and Vikings. If the Vikings play their starters, and or if we lose to the skins, youre probably makin it to the playoffs.

If we lose to NO, and you guys win out, you make it in right? I don't even see Minny playing a full game to end the season vs you guys.

I honestly don't have any hope of playoffs, this team has shown that we shouldn't get our hopes up anyway. I'd love for them to prove me wrong but until it happens there is no shame in me being as pessimistic as possible about the outcome.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          If we lose to NO, and you guys win out, you make it in right? I don't even see Minny playing a full game to end the season vs you guys.

I honestly don't have any hope of playoffs, this team has shown that we shouldn't get our hopes up anyway. I'd love for them to prove me wrong but until it happens there is no shame in me being as pessimistic as possible about the outcome.
          That is correct. If you lose and we win out, we're in. But I don't see us winning out. This Giants team has shown that its very erratic. The only "playoff caliber" team we've beaten all season has been the Cowboys.

I don't think its a guarantee we beat the Redskins. The Skins are winless in our division. What are the chances that they go 0-6 in the division? That scares me. I think one of our teams is going to lose to them.

Thats why I think we may go 9-7. We're going to lose one of these games that we're supposed to win. Which in my eyes, means you guys have to lose to NO and either Washington or Philly.

Thats going to be tough. And the way NO has been playing, losing to them is no guarantee either. NO is banged up and can be had right now.

Comment

• I'm not giving up, but even if we do, I don't see us making a deep run and I think JJ has seen enough from Wade.

I think we still probably make it in, but we have to go to Philly most likely. I have no confidence in this team going to Philly winning a playoff game.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Some of you guys are giving up on the playoffs already?

Yeah, it is good time to talk about changing Coach. But, It is a lot of if there. If we won the next three games, we will win the division.
              If we won the last two games, and the Giants won all three, and Eagles won one for the remaining season, all three teams will tired and all three team management need to do the math, see who will win the division, who will be the wildcard, and who will package home.

Comment

• Well BBD, would it really be a choke job considering the difficulty of schedule? If we're heavily favored and we lose then fine, but I doubt that will be the case. Right now making the playoffs is in major limbo. The G-men have a cupcake schedule.

That said. I'll be the first to say that Dallas will beat NOR this weekend.

Comment

• If Dallas beats NO, I'm almost positive that would be the end of the Giants chances.

I think this could very well come down to the last game of the season. I love it, and hate it at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post

Your 2nd statement is wrong, but it makes your 1st statement that much more correct.
                    Haha, I remembered about Al after I posted that but I wasn't sure if he had the official title of owner/gm like Jerry but he obviously has the final say so it's the same scenario.

Comment

• [QUOTE=bigbluedefense;1924749]Some of you guys are giving up on the playoffs already?

I see the Giants going 9-7, which means Dallas has to lose 2 more to blow this.[/QUOTE/]

I would be mildly surprised if we won more than one more game. I can't see us beating New Orleans or Philly and Washington is playing pretty well and we only beat them by 1 point at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Well BBD, would it really be a choke job considering the difficulty of schedule? If we're heavily favored and we lose then fine, but I doubt that will be the case. Right now making the playoffs is in major limbo. The G-men have a cupcake schedule.

That said. I'll be the first to say that Dallas will beat NOR this weekend.
                        cupcake schedule with for a cupcake defense. So basically we have to play our games like a shootout. I been on a staff where the defense wasn't good. The offense pretty much goes into the game,and coaches as if the defense can't protect the lead so put the foot on the gas and hope the defense comes up big. We had times where the HC/DC would come to us and tell us we can't stop anyone so you guys need to keep scoring. That's a lot of pressure for our side of the ball, but I would suspect Coughlin and the offensive staff have to go into these games thinking they need to be in a shootout to win, especially the way this defense is playing.

Comment

• Folk is still our kicker. They tried Bueler out yesterday from 30-35 yards out and he missed all 3, 2 of them were horribly missed. Folk didn't do much better as he went 2-4 from the same spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                            Folk is still our kicker. They tried Bueler out yesterday from 30-35 yards out and he missed all 3, 2 of them were horribly missed. Folk didn't do much better as he went 2-4 from the same spot.
                            Hahhhhhahahaahahaha. Face palm.

Comment

• Comment

• Only a matter of time before they tried to pull Tony Romo into this Tiger Woods mess.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/17/tiger-...lin-nordegren/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information