This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    Philly struggled terribly Sunday & needed a reversed ruling on a Maclin sideline catch to win, they looked very beatable.

Win at home next weekend & the team gets to sit a wk with a 1st rd. bye, that s/b enough incentive for them. And it sends the 1st regular season for Jerry's palatial stadium out on a winning note.
    Minny has some losing to do before we get a bye.

We will take Philly out. No doubt about it in my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Minny has some losing to do before we get a bye.

We will take Philly out. No doubt about it in my mind.
      Two weeks in a row?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Man we have a tough schedule next year, atleast on the road, Per DMN.....

Because it's never too early to talk about 2010, let's look at the Cowboys' schedule next year:

We know about the three NFC East foes they play twice a year. Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville and Tennessee will make trips to Cowboys Stadium. The only game left open is against an NFC South foe and depends on where the Cowboys finish in the standings.

If they beat Philly Sunday and win the NFC East, then New Orleans will come to town. If they lose and finish second, then it's either Atlanta or Carolina coming to town for a second straight year. My guess is Atlanta because the Falcons close the year vs. Tampa Bay.

On the road, the Cowboys go to Green Bay (again), Minnesota, Houston, Indianapolis and the corresponding NFC West team, either Arizona (if they win the division) or San Francisco (if they finish second).

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
          Man we have a tough schedule next year, atleast on the road, Per DMN.....

Because it's never too early to talk about 2010, let's look at the Cowboys' schedule next year:

We know about the three NFC East foes they play twice a year. Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville and Tennessee will make trips to Cowboys Stadium. The only game left open is against an NFC South foe and depends on where the Cowboys finish in the standings.

If they beat Philly Sunday and win the NFC East, then New Orleans will come to town. If they lose and finish second, then it's either Atlanta or Carolina coming to town for a second straight year. My guess is Atlanta because the Falcons close the year vs. Tampa Bay.

On the road, the Cowboys go to Green Bay (again), Minnesota, Houston, Indianapolis and the corresponding NFC West team, either Arizona (if they win the division) or San Francisco (if they finish second).
          WTF? When is Green Bay ever gonna come to Dallas? My Gooshness!

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            Philly struggled terribly Sunday & needed a reversed ruling on a Maclin sideline catch to win, they looked very beatable.

Win at home next weekend & the team gets to sit a wk with a 1st rd. bye, that s/b enough incentive for them. And it sends the 1st regular season for Jerry's palatial stadium out on a winning note.
            Did you watch the whole game though? It was a pretty poor officiated game. Still, we let a 17 point dwindle away and we had to win by a last minute FG.

Comment

• Just an FYI...we're now 3rd in points against and 5th against the run this year. Pretty sexy. :D Sure would be nice if we had a better secondary and werent so susceptible to passes in the middle of the field. But our defense has been pretty damn good this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Just an FYI...we're now 3rd in points against and 5th against the run this year. Pretty sexy. :D Sure would be nice if we had a better secondary and werent so susceptible to passes in the middle of the field. But our defense has been pretty damn good this season.
                Wade! Stewart was horrible last year.

Comment

• Here is an interesting thought and something about our OL we already knew ..... which is they are not that good ..... and a confirmation Romo is playing more conservative .......

Tony Romo's sacks are up this year but his INTs are down. Last year he would chuck it, this year he eats it.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                    Did you watch the whole game though? It was a pretty poor officiated game. Still, we let a 17 point dwindle away and we had to win by a last minute FG.
                    No, just the highlights on ESPN, or in this case, lowlights. If by we I assume you mean the Eagles, & yes they underachieved in major ways. The big story I looked for was whether Westbrook would return from his concussion, go on IR, or just retire, that last option would be the best for all concerned, he's done. It makes a helluva big difference for McNabb, he needs that running game to keep the pass rush off of him, he has been rattled by it a time or 2 in his career. Consider that Dallas' pass rush has been the aspect of their defensive game that has stepped up dramatically since the big upset in NOLA it's a very big cause for concern for Philly.

Like D says, Valley Ranch, North? maybe the organization should rent a freaking timeshare condo in GB, WI with all their road games there in cold weather months, maybe the NFL schedulers want to hype an Lambeau Ice Bowl '67 replay. Really getting sick of road games to the City Formerly Known As Titletown, USA.

Going to Houston & the cross-state rival again? That s/b a big red flag trap game alert for Dallas fans on the 2010 schedule, remember the Texans 1st regular season game & the big upset? I think like many others that the way the Texans are finishing strong this yr they're a hot young team on the rise who I hope threatens Robo-QB Manning & Indy in their division. Of course their stadium had its name in big capital letters on it then, ENRON Stadium, I think they've scraped all those old letters & the stink of its scandal off by now

The 9ers finish vs. the team with a lock on drafting Suh as the #1 overall pick, the hapless St. Louis Sheep, while the Cards finish vs. GB, Zona's already in the playoffs with the same sorry December lapse & rcd. they posted last yr. at this time, it's like it's a gimme for Zona to win the weakest conference in the NFL even when they lose in the desert to the Packers. I'm just glad to talk about other teams with a December lapse nowadays. If it's EssEff on the road in 2010 I'll stand in line for tickets, my 2 fave teams head to head, can't wait for the renewal of their early 80s rivalry.......
                    Last edited by LizardState; 12-29-2009, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                      Here is an interesting thought and something about our OL we already knew ..... which is they are not that good ..... and a confirmation Romo is playing more conservative .......

Tony Romo's sacks are up this year but his INTs are down. Last year he would chuck it, this year he eats it.
                      I think the critical point here that everyone is missing is that everyone assumes because we have a big OL that we are a power running team. We are not a power running team. We are a pass first team and the sooner everyone comes to grips with this, the less stress we'll add on ourselves.

I posted the article twice from bloggingtheboys.com where they chronicled our OL with DATA. We are NOT a power running team. We are not good at power off tackle running. We are more of a counter & draw team.

And can we all just agree that we are a PASSING team?! We pass to set up the run and our best offensive player is our QB. Why fight it. Roll with what you do well. That's why I think on some of these short yardage plays, I'd like to see us stay in our 2 TE, but spread the defense out and do a toss sweep or bootleg instead of bunching everything up the middle like we do repeatedly because I don't think that plays to our strength.

And yes, Tony has done a much better job this year of just eating the ball when there's nothing there.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Cowboys won't open playoffs in Philly
                        December, 28, 2009
                        DEC 28
                        11:17
                        PM CT
                        Comment Email Print Share
                        By Tim MacMahon
                        Forget about a first-round trip to Philadelphia for the Cowboys. That's no longer a possibility after the Vikings' overtime loss to the Bears.

The Eagles now have the opportunity to wrap up the NFC's No. 2 seed and a bye by beating the Cowboys. The Cowboys could also get the second seed, but they'd need to beat the Eagles and get some help (Vikings loss to the Giants and Cardinals loss or tie to the Packers).

If the Cowboys don't win Sunday, they'll travel to either Arizona or Minnesota for the first round. If they do win, they'd host either the Packers or Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                          I think the critical point here that everyone is missing is that everyone assumes because we have a big OL that we are a power running team. We are not a power running team. We are a pass first team and the sooner everyone comes to grips with this, the less stress we'll add on ourselves.
                          I hate to admit it but you are correct. We are not a running team.

San Diego is more a running team in spite of the fact they have bad YPC.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                            I hate to admit it but you are correct. We are not a running team.

San Diego is more a running team in spite of the fact they have bad YPC.
                            Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we are not a good running team. I think our running game is very effective. I'm just saying we are not a power running team that runs to set up the pass.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Im a Marion Barber fan...but Tashard Choice is wasting away on your bench. He is the better runner. He's faster, can cut better, he finishes with power, Choice is a complete back.

Barber should just be a goalline back now. Its kind of a waste, bc he got all that money and he's capable of being more than a goalline back, but Choice is simply the better RB in my eyes.

Id split carries between Choice and Jones, and bring Barber in for short yardage.

Comment

• I watch the Vikings game last night and I see Peterson get the ball at the goalline on a dive and completely take it to the pylon for the score. Why can't our runningbacks have that instinct? Also the bears threw 2 touchdowns off of play action at the goalline. If we do playaction at the goalline, its normally out of the shotgun.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information