NT Situation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT Situation

According to Jeff Ireland, everyone should stop with this NT banter. He said that we are switching from a Big, hole plugging 2 gap NT, to more of a pentrating, quick 1 gap NT, and Ratliff will really excell behind Fergy.

That is not exactly what he said. He said they will mix it up. Ready Fire Aim!

Comment

He said majority would be 1 gap.

Comment

He said "more 1 gap."

Comment

Sounds like they are more forced to make that decision because they didn't get a quality NT in FA or the draft.

I wonder what kind of effect that will have on Wade's schemes. He was successful last year in large part due to big ole 2 gap tackle Jamaal Williams. We don't got anyone like him, so I'm guessing he'll have to hold back on some of his play calling.

Oh this is just great. We get a guy like Wade and force him to adjust his schemes that he's been successful with in the past. I'm scared of him being forced to come up with something new at this point.

Start saying your prayers fellahs... We could be in for a loooooong season.

Comment

This sucks. I dont understand why the cowboy front office can never just fully give into something. It seems like we always tamper with little things that just come back to haunt us. Just give Wade someone that works in his scheme. I dont know why we couldnt pursue Jenkins or pick up someone in the draft instead of Marten's *** ass.

Comment

We should have took Tank at 53.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Sounds like they are more forced to make that decision because they didn't get a quality NT in FA or the draft.

I wonder what kind of effect that will have on Wade's schemes. He was successful last year in large part due to big ole 2 gap tackle Jamaal Williams. We don't got anyone like him, so I'm guessing he'll have to hold back on some of his play calling.

Oh this is just great. We get a guy like Wade and force him to adjust his schemes that he's been successful with in the past. I'm scared of him being forced to come up with something new at this point.

Start saying your prayers fellahs... We could be in for a loooooong season.
                Well Wade's guy was Spencer...so that goes to show what he had to think about Branch. Then we also passed on Tank at 53. FA period really had jokes available...so he came into this situation know that...now sure there are possibilities like Rogers or Jenkings...but really...we haven't had an options.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                  We should have took Tank at 53.
                  Yeah, that was DUMB.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                    Well Wade's guy was Spencer...so that goes to show what he had to think about Branch. Then we also passed on Tank at 53. FA period really had jokes available...so he came into this situation know that...now sure there are possibilities like Rogers or Jenkings...but really...we haven't had an options.
                    Yeah, well if they were going to go for a 1 gap tackle we passed on a billion of those two. They just messed up and are trying to pull excuses out of their butts. The NT they picked up out of Nebraska as a UDFA is a 2 gap tackle, so that right there goes to show what we really needed. If they picked up 1 gap tackle types then I would believe Ireland. He's just can't admit he screwed up doing his job.

Comment

Oh yeah, and we can't blame Wade for this draft. His hands are clean. Fat boy was dunkin' donuts and looking up in the sky every time we were on the clock.

He was just happy they got Spencer because it was someone on his own personal list.

Comment

D-Unit is right. Push over, nice guy coaches like Wade don't really have any say or do anything in the War Room. It was just for PR. He will bring the pressure though. I would have liked Tank at 53 though. I would have taken the chance of Marten or Free (which he was) being there at 122 anyway. Or take one of them at 104 and take Stanback at 122.

Comment

Best thing to do now is to start stuffing Ferguson's mouth.

Comment

Word is Fergy has slimmed down this offseason because he is concerned for his long term health. I read somewhere he was only carrying about 310 or so with a projected playing weight of 305.

Comment

Anybody think we should trade for Kris Jenkins? im not so sure, but we need a NT

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information