This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
    what more can you tell us? seems he is a pass-rushing linebacker, but is a liability against the run, or in coverage???
    He has limited experience at both. He was barely over 230lbs last season when he was signed as a UDFA out of Bowling Green. He was a speed rusher ONLY. He has since bulked up to over 250 and is getting more comfortable in space. He has improved dramatically in coverage. He even had an interception this preseason. He still is inconsistent setting the edge in the run game as he has yet to get comfortable with his added strength. He is far from a safe bet to ever make an impact but if he continues to improve as he has the past year, I see no reason he shouldn't, at least, become a serviceable 3-4 OLB reserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      he's totally going to run for 180/3 and then i'll have to root for him.
      how about 20 odd yards on 12 carries, with 3 attempts for zero yards at the one?

I hate our ******* run game.

How do we pass for 476 yards for 1 TD?

Now we go off to get smashed on two very hard road games.

Comment

• Poor execution cost us the game, pure and simple. The fumbled return, INT and firing blanks in the end zone were the architects of defeat.

Comment

• **** off, maroney
          Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
          Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• So like...Peyton Hillis is better than any RB you have on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              So like...Peyton Hillis is better than any RB you have on the roster.

We know :(

Also I just looked at the schedule, and odds are we are 1-5 before going to London. Faaaaaantastic.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• I know some of you guys were pissed about the Broncos trading Hillis, but did he look this good when he was with you guys? I saw some stats and whatever and I know you're RB situation wasn't the greatest, I just don't get why the Broncos would trade him if he showed ANY of what he is showing right now with us with you guys...

Not trying to be a dick, I'm just wondering.

EDIT : I didn't even read the posts before mine didn't even know people were already talking about him.
                Last edited by PoopSandwich; 09-28-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                  I know some of you guys were pissed about the Broncos trading Hillis, but did he look this good when he was with you guys? I saw some stats and whatever and I know you're RB situation wasn't the greatest, I just don't get why the Broncos would trade him if he showed ANY of what he is showing right now with us with you guys...

Because he ****** up repeatedly while learning the new offense, which put him in McD's doghouse pretty quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                    so i think i finally understand why moreno sucks. dude has the worst vision of any starting running back i've ever seen.
                    Dude also has toothpick-legs.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                      I know some of you guys were pissed about the Broncos trading Hillis, but did he look this good when he was with you guys? I saw some stats and whatever and I know you're RB situation wasn't the greatest, I just don't get why the Broncos would trade him if he showed ANY of what he is showing right now with us with you guys...

EDIT : I didn't even read the posts before mine didn't even know people were already talking about him.
                      He looked quite good in the few starts he got a few years ago under Shanny.

He quickly got into McD's doghouse though, and basically he traded him away for nothing (read Brady Quinn lol)

I like the guy, and hoping he has a monster year for the Browns.

Comment

• Good game guys. :(
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          Good game guys. :(
                          Thanks bro. I was thinking it would be a close game, but I didn't expect it to be quite that tight.

I was somwhat surprised we held your running game in check other than the big run by Ringer. That allowed us to make the adjustment to bring Dawkins as the blitzer/spy on Young to shut down the bootleg action when it really counted.

Comment

• CJ is sucking. I'm mad at him.

But yeah, it was an awesome game though. I'd go from jumping with joy, to screaming in frustration, to complete apathy every other play.

I wish they would've been more aggressive with VY and the passing game. Ya'll were swarming the run, we only had a 4 point lead, and typical Fisherball, then run-run-run. VY's been playing well. Why they choose to handcuff him, thus making the offense predictable, blows my mind.

But yeah, it's good to see Orton have success. Chris and Njx are mah boys, so if we have to lose, it can be to you guys. Looks like McDaniels found a guy who fits what he wants to do well in Brandon Lloyd. That's what I don't get with McDaniels: Why not just pickup the FA guys who fit your scheme like Lloyd and be so proactive and make silly trades for the likes of Maroney, Quinn, etc? That's what Fisher, Cecil, and DL Coach Jim Washburn do on DEF. Ya'll saw guys on DEF like Tony Brown, Dave Ball, and Jason Babin? All were vet FA's we got at rock bottom prices and they're awesome now. McDaniels should do that on offense for ya'll, but it seems like he wants to be the smartest person in the room. I dunno...

Hopefully ya'll keep with Buckhalter. Maroney is just a clinic on futility. I think Demaryius Thomas will end up being a good player though. He may not be heavily involved in the offense yet, but when I've seen him this year, I thought he looked fluid. Kid's an athlete.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              But yeah, it was an awesome game though. I'd go from jumping with joy, to screaming in frustration, to complete apathy every other play.
                              I know what you mean. My 2 year old son was napping on my lap, which was the only thing that stopped me from jumping up in disgust / joy a dozen or more times...

I wish they would've been more aggressive with VY and the passing game.
                              I was wondering about that. Our pass rush sucked and if you had a more downfield passing attack, it could've really hurt us.

Why they choose to handcuff him, thus making the offense predictable, blows my mind.
                              Trust is earned, not given? At times during the 2nd half it seemed like they were concerned more about *not* giving up a turnover than taking shots to move the ball downfield.

Looks like McDaniels found a guy who fits what he wants to do well in Brandon Lloyd.
                              Yeah, he's really been a revelation this year. He's always been capable of a highlight reel play, but he was so inconsistent and really played like utter **** at times. Orton said something in the offseason about Lloyd learning humility over the past few years when he was a bottom feeder on the depth chart. Maybe that's what he needed.

McDaniels should do that on offense for ya'll, but it seems like he wants to be the smartest person in the room. I dunno...
                              McD has done a decent job on defense in that respect, but you're right, his offensive moves have been hit or miss. I think Maroney is very much a bandaid for what has been a very tough offseason/early season for our RB's. We needed someone we could plug in who knew the system, and Maroney was one of the few guys out there who fit the bill.

Comment

• We really just keep repeating the same **** in here every week.

passing game and orton look awesome, except in the red zone.

run game is horrible (though perhaps horrible is a generous term).

Run def is better than expected - Ayers is really starting to play well.

Pass rush is non-existent. (side-note - if Doom was healthy we would actually have a quite good defense. DJ is also playing okay right now, so if we can find a good ILB from somewhere and Doom comes back as his old self next year...........)

special teams is still awful at coverage.

another game where we play well enough for it to be decided by a few big plays. i think we need to get used to this, as we arent good enough to dominate anyone, but most of the time are good enough to not get dominated by anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information