Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis was able to produce with nobody around him in a 4-3. He probably won't do as well as he did in the 3-4, but whatever.
    Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
      Actually the career totals would be interesting over that period (and by interesting I mean pathetic). The guy I am asking about may actually have the second highest number of sacks by a Bronco over the past 7 years.

It really highlights how pathetic we have been at rushing the passer for the past 7 years. Everyone in the other forums keeps spouting off about how Doom will be no good to us when we go back to the 4-3, but truth be told when playing in a 4-3 he is light years ahead of anyone else we have had since the days of Pryce and Berry.
      Ebenezer Ekuban!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
        Elvis was able to produce with nobody around him in a 4-3. He probably won't do as well as he did in the 3-4, but whatever.
        17 sacks is pretty much out of the question, but 10 to 12 is certainly realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
          Ebenezer Ekuban!
          Nice! Who would have thought a Brownco would be our second best pass rusher over the past 7 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            the alternate answer was kenard lang, fwiw.

ayers was a 43 end when he came out, it was only due to mcdaniels idiocy that he had to play out of position. given that he was relatively highly rated, i have to imagine they want to give him a chance.

to be fair, this is partially based on my being unimpressed with bowers. at 6-10? i think he'd be a good pick. i'd think the same about dareus. but pretty much every DL this year just screams massive bust to me. fairley is an idiot on the field, as disruptive as he is. i think dareus is lazy. meh.

i think, in all likelihood, i'm completely wrong when it comes to draft day. but all of those players make me really nervous at 2.
            Good call - forgot about Lang. I suppose it doesnt change the basic premise in that we are ******* hopeless at sacking people.

As long as we can get a legit DLine starter at the start of the second, I have no issue with Peterson at #2. Add in a legit LB starter with the Dolphins pick in the mid second, and we are in much better shape. I suppose the main unknown is how aggressive Fox will be in FA, as that could shape the draft more than anything.

Comment

• I think it makes a lot of sense to play Bowers + Ayers every down and use Doom as a situational pass rusher. Kick Bowers in on that play.

Comment

ayers was a 43 end when he came out, it was only due to mcdaniels idiocy that he had to play out of position. given that he was relatively highly rated, i have to imagine they want to give him a chance.
                He was rated as a player who had that versatility to play in either scheme, and we just so happened to run a 34. His transition came with some growing pains. Could he start at LDE for us and be successful? Quite possibly. I think he will more than likely get that opportunity. Can he be upgraded over? Absolutely.

to be fair, this is partially based on my being unimpressed with bowers. at 6-10? i think he'd be a good pick. i'd think the same about dareus. but pretty much every DL this year just screams massive bust to me. fairley is an idiot on the field, as disruptive as he is. i think dareus is lazy. meh.
                The conundrum in all of this is that Denver fans have pined for DL over the past five drafts and haven't gotten their wish, yet when they are in the chance to take several premium players at the position, fans start getting overly critical about them because we are selecting so high.

The pressure is on, no doubt, to get a quality player at the #2 selection. Where we select the player in my eyes is irrelevant, they just have to pan out. Moving down and acquiring more picks doesn't lessen the risk of who we take, wherever it is in the top ten. It just helps compensate for the potential bust ratio of that prospect.

i think, in all likelihood, i'm completely wrong when it comes to draft day. but all of those players make me really nervous at 2.
                Everyone makes me nervous at #2 to be quite honest, and hopefully we can sucker a trade down and still land Bowers, Dareus or Peterson thereafter. (I'm guessing Fairley goes #1)

In all honesty, I would not be surprised if Peterson ends up being the pick. The Broncos might be confident enough in some of that DL talent being there in round two and could wait until then, but hopefully they don't.

Originally posted by DBNYDP View Post
                I think it makes a lot of sense to play Bowers + Ayers every down and use Doom as a situational pass rusher. Kick Bowers in on that play.
                Dumervil is not going to be a situational player for us with the contract he signed. If we are able to get a quality DT inside, it is going to help him out tremendously.

If Bowers was drafted, I would start him at LDE and have Dumervil at RDE. Ayers could kick it in on passing downs. I think that makes the most sense, especially for the type of defense Fox has been known to run.

All and all, the Broncos would have to be ******** to **** this pick up.

Comment

• I like the staff Fox put together.

I reiterate my jealousy of your coaching staff.

Comment

• Best player should play
                    Doom is a great pass rusher, we know this. But he has never been good against the run. Ayers + Bowers are two everydown DE. Personally if Doom gets 12-15 sacks this year (not that hard to imagine even if he is a situational pass rusher) then he is playing his contract for me.
                    We simply cannot play a guy simply because of his contract if he is going to hurt us on the run game.
                    Maybe Fox fixes him up, but until Doom can stop the run as a 4-3 DE, he is not going to be a very good DE.

Comment

• Originally posted by DBNYDP View Post
                      Best player should play
                      Doom is a great pass rusher, we know this. But he has never been good against the run. Ayers + Bowers are two everydown DE. Personally if Doom gets 12-15 sacks this year (not that hard to imagine even if he is a situational pass rusher) then he is playing his contract for me.
                      We simply cannot play a guy simply because of his contract if he is going to hurt us on the run game.
                      Maybe Fox fixes him up, but until Doom can stop the run as a 4-3 DE, he is not going to be a very good DE.
                      Teams were still running to Dumervil's side as a 3-4 OLB and doing it with success. Upgrade the interior of our defensive line and that will help alleviate the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        Teams were still running to Dumervil's side as a 3-4 OLB and doing it with success. Upgrade the interior of our defensive line and that will help alleviate the problem.
                        It didnt help that Doom had Kenny Peterson as the DE on his side. If Doom is the only weak link in the run game we will be fine.

Comment

• I think we'll be fine but he would be a good pickup (Bowers).
                          I'm a huge fan of Dareus right now too..much better pick than Peterson IMO.

Comment

pipedream: can we please, please move DJ back to WLB?
                            I would say that is likely. I would expect for us to draft or sign a MLB.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• i'm starting to lean towards taking martez wilson in the second if he's there. greg jones had a disappointing senior bowl week and he's looking more like a mid-round type of guy, same goes for quan sturdivant. there's some good potential free agents, but i doubt any of them actually hit free agency.
                              Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                              Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
                                i'm starting to lean towards taking martez wilson in the second if he's there. greg jones had a disappointing senior bowl week and he's looking more like a mid-round type of guy, same goes for quan sturdivant. there's some good potential free agents, but i doubt any of them actually hit free agency.
                                In some ways our biggest problem is going to be our LBs next season with our current roster. Ayers, Bannan, Thomas and Doom actually makes me much, much more comfortable than DJ, Mays and Haggan (who all look on paper like our starting 4-3 front 7). Mays and Haggan are huge liabilities in coverage, and it sounds like we will play a lot of cover-2, cover-3, zone stuff next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information