This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
    Yes, I think Lawson would work. FA is the right place to be looking for a SLB - reasonable value for money since you aren't overpaying for pass rush and there are some options available this time around (assuming FA happens).

We haven't been able to cover a TE in, well, forever it seems. Would be nice to change that.
    Good - either you or njx get the paperwork moving on this so that as soon as the CBA stuff is sorted out we can get him to Dove Valley. It sounds like a much better option than Mario or Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
      Good - either you or njx get the paperwork moving on this so that as soon as the CBA stuff is sorted out we can get him to Dove Valley. It sounds like a much better option than Mario or Joe.
      I'll get my secretary working on it tomorrow when I get to the office. She'll of course have no ******* idea what I'm talking about. Should be amusing.
      Last edited by Diehard; 02-27-2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• so that patrick peterson is pretty good....
        Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
        Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• Fairley or Dareus?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            Fairley or Dareus?
            I think they'd go the more conservative route and pick Dareus.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
              how'd he look in drills? all i can see are the numbers... eye-popping....
              i didn't see it, but mayock said he looked good for what it's worth
              Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
              Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• I want PP really bad now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Reports seem to indicate that Dareus and PP had some of the better showings. Hopefully, we'll target one of these two.

Fairley seemed to be too light. And Bowers' injury is not recovering as quickly as people thought it would. That is scaring me away from drafting him, to be honest.

If we can trade down, I wouldn't mind drafting Von Miller either as he looks like the real deal.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• Fox on KOA:

http://www.850koa.com/cc-common/medi...=KOA-AM&TRACK=

Said that having the second pick allows them to hit both positional need and get value in terms of talent, and that they have 5-6 guys they like at #2.

Also said the 40 was pretty important in terms of draft stock. Interesting.

Comment

• Roster moves

Daniel Graham cut:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-726aa8a83e20

Qualifying offers for RFA's Woodyard, Harris, Thomas, Vickerson, Prater:

http://twitter.com/johnelway

Comment

5-6? dareus, fairley, bowers, quinn... peterson... ???
                        Perhaps Von Miller?

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• Cam Newton? This is the Broncos after all.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namy View Post
                            Fairley seemed to be too light.
                            Huh? He's 291 lbs. That's about average for a 43 UT.

People were first saying he will eat his way out of the league, and now he's too light.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

5-6? dareus, fairley, bowers, quinn... peterson... ???
                              I wouldn't be surprised if one of Quinn and Fairley isn't on their list. The organization is definitely risk-adverse right now and I could see how the team might be scared off by the off-the-field questions or bust factor.

I think Von Miller is probably on the list. There was a thing in the Denver Post yesterday about DJ as WLB or MLB, with the writer's sense being the organization was learning towards him playing *MLB* based on the talent that was available in the draft and FA. That's pretty much the opposite of what I was thinking, but if it is true, it could be setting things up for potentially bringing in Miller to play a more blitz-focused role on the outside in Allen's defense (which I'm sure will incorporate some of the things he learned from Gregg Williams in NO).

Comment

• Frankly from what I've seen Von Miller is really nothing more than average maybe slightly above average when it comes to playing in coverage and stopping the run. I think there are going to be 4-3 OLBs as good as him, if not better because of experience such as Foster, Carter, or Wilson in later rounds. What makes him a special player is his pass rushing abilities which I don't so used effectively enough to justify a top pick.
                                Also I think you'd be replacing D.J with Von Miller is somewhat silly to me. I don't think he is a very good MLB or SLB, but as a WLB I think he is a top 5 WLB. He really used his athleticism well when he played there, and doesn't have to worry as much about shedding blocks/playing against TEs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information