Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just don't believe that this team is in a position to spend first day picks on depth. we have too many glaring needs to draft solely with BPA in mind.

actually, let me be more clear: barring major FA acquisitions, i don't believe this team is in any position to spend high draft picks on depth. we need starting quality players at too many positions.

Comment

• Just saw on NFLN we fire Larry Coyer!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
        Just saw on NFLN we fire Larry Coyer!
        http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/9918374

njx time to celebrate ya?

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• Scott's going to have us drafting a corner; how cliche.
          Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris
            Scott's going to have us drafting a corner; how cliche.

why does he think that we need a round 1? whatever, its only hurting him

Comment

• Originally posted by Namy
              Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
              Just saw on NFLN we fire Larry Coyer!
              http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/9918374

njx time to celebrate ya?
              i'm already drunk (no, not seriously). :D

now, just don't promote from within. go hire someone who's demonstrated that the prevent defense is NOT a part of his playbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris
                Scott's going to have us drafting a corner; how cliche.
                :roll:

i see absolutely no reason for that pick given that the talent level, as far as i've seen, isn't even that high. then again, has scott gotten a single denver pick right in... ever?

Comment

• I think he may have picked DJ Williams. Dont hold me to it though. The forum wasnt around then

Comment

• i thought so too, but iirc, Chris pointed out last year that he had us taking Jackson.

Comment

• true story:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/archive/2004/mock.html

further, scott has yet to correctly identify a denver first round pick. so whatever, let him give us a corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                        Originally posted by Jimmy
                        J. Wilson will rise to an early 2nd talent, but i think if tdenver sees him there with that 3rd pick we will grab him, mayube even 2nd

plus he played with foxworth which cant hurt

i hate to say this is a replacement for darrent williams, because it isnt. i think that regardless of his death we would look at a cb. Wilson would also be a threat in situational dime packages as a pass rush
                        we have no business addressing DB that early. if we need warm bodies, there's free agency.

i know that this is just an expression, but given the broncos situation it sounds pretty insensitive and offensive...

Sig byDLS42

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                          J. Wilson will rise to an early 2nd talent, but i think if tdenver sees him there with that 3rd pick we will grab him, mayube even 2nd

i hate to say this is a replacement for darrent williams, because it isnt. i think that regardless of his death we would look at a cb. Wilson would also be a threat in situational dime packages as a pass rush
                          we have no business addressing DB that early. if we need warm bodies, there's free agency.
                          Just curious because I have been known to be out of the loop. But off the top of my head (which isn't very accurate this late, but I'm too lazy to check) I would think that you guys need at least a FS and a nickelback if Foxworth is expected to take Williams' place as starting CB oppposite Bailey. Again, this is just thinking off the top of my head, but I can't think of anyone else past Bailey and Foxworth at CB and I can't think of an in-house replacement for Lynch.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular

Just curious because I have been known to be out of the loop. But off the top of my head (which isn't very accurate this late, but I'm too lazy to check) I would think that you guys need at least a FS and a nickelback if Foxworth is expected to take Williams' place as starting CB oppposite Bailey. Again, this is just thinking off the top of my head, but I can't think of anyone else past Bailey and Foxworth at CB and I can't think of an in-house replacement for Lynch.
                            Karl Paymah (drafted in the same class) would likely assume the nickel spot. Curome Cox is looking like Lynch's current heir apparent. safety is probably a need, but given the other holes, i just don't see it as a first round problem unless the first twenty picks are all defensive linemen and running backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3projectPAT6
                              i know that this is just an expression, but given the broncos situation it sounds pretty insensitive and offensive...
                              :roll:

oh stop it.

Comment

• Quick question:

Weren't we supposed to get Redskins' first round choice along with their third for Lelie? My understanding was if Washington finished worse than us, which is the case, we were supposed to swap first round pick with their's. Does anyone know what happened? :shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information