This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
    I don't agree, I think Hillis can be our feature back. If we can run the ball 25 -30 times a game
    I'm not sure about him as a "feature", but in rotation with another decent back I think we'd be alright.

I also think we need a better MLB and SLB. Nate Webster really isn't all that good. I am really hoping a good LB or two drops like perhaps Cushing Laurinaitis or Maualuga.
    Absolutely... part of the reason our rookies (Larsen, Woodyard) look promising is because some of our starters are garbage.

Personally, I like Laurinaitis in this scheme. He has good instincts, can cover well and manages to keep his helmet on... pretty much making him the AntiWebster.

As for SLB, Winborn is a great athlete but has zero smarts / discipline and Boss Bailey is a natural fit for the IR. I'd like to see Woodyard take over this spot - I like the way he plays and it would be a damn shame (and a waste of talent) for him to return to his role as backup WLB.

Comment

• Honestly, the only LB I would like to see us pick is Spikes. Laurinaitis I think is way overrated and won't do much in our system. Maualuga is a bit better, but I'm iffy spending a 1st round pick on him.

And Hillis as a feature back, I don't think he can be a feature back for a whole year. I want a playmaker at RB, essentially a Terrell Davis/Clinton Portis. A guy who can eat up 5 yards a pop and have the threat to break for an 80 yard TD run. I don't think we have anyone on our roster right now that could do that. If we can get a playmaker threat at RB in round 1, why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
        If we can get a playmaker threat at RB in round 1, why not?
        Because our defense sucks?

Mind you, since it's pretty obvious Shanahan doesn't have a ******* clue when it comes to drafting defensive players, perhaps we're better off going offense early then roll the dice on guys for the D in later rounds / UFA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
          Because our defense sucks?

Mind you, since it's pretty obvious Shanahan doesn't have a ******* clue when it comes to drafting defensive players, perhaps we're better off going offense early then roll the dice on guys for the D in later rounds / UFA.
          You don't draft solely on need, you need to also take into account best player available. If Mays, Moore, Spikes, and Meleauga are all taken by our pick and Moreno is available, I think we would be stupid to pass him up.

Comment

• Let's draft TEBOW!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Caught the second half of the game. I can't believe how close that game was. Worries me A LOT. Oakland and KC should not be difficult home games. Anyways, Cutler did show the poise to rally us to victory.

Questions: Word on when Champ is coming back (hopefully next week)? And what is the update on Hillis? I hope it's not serious, that guy has good vision and he's just a very reliable all-purpose back.

As for our draft, I hope we don't get William Moore. I think he's rather overrated. I honestly don't know how he's rated this high according to Scott based on what I've seen of him this season. I feel like Taylor Mays would be a MUCH better safety. I also think Cushing, Maualuga of USC would really help us at LB. And Hardy and Orakpo would be great fits as well. Other than them though, I really have little preference on who we can realistically pick. As long as it's not QB, WR, or TE.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                woodyard plays better than DJ. tell me i'm wrong.
                I won't. I am a huge fan of WW. He is one of the bright spots on that defense.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

It's hard to deny... and he's just a rookie, who will improve with experience.

It will be interesting to see what happens. DJ -> SLB is the obvious move, but DJ pretty much said he hates that spot.

Comment

You're right.

Woodyard is a beast. While I love DJ, I think it might be time to move him to sam or mike.

Comment

• Peyton Hillis is out for the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3754789

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

• Move DJ to MLB, WW at WLB, and Winborn or Webster @ SLB.

Don't know about the rest of you but I was very impressed with Barrett's play yesterday. I thought he played an incredible game for his second start of the year against the premiere TE in the league. Pretty much had him on his own the entire game and had excellent coverage.

Sucks about Hillis.

Shon Greene in round 2 next year?

Comment

• People seem to forget DJ was playing pretty gosh darn good for us before he got hurt on the weakside.
                          I like what I see from Woodyard though.
                          Personally, DJ is a terrible MLB. I don't want to see him there. Move him to strongside if you move him. Woodyard is way too small to be moved anywhere else.
                          I do hope we don't go back to a fricken 3-4 defense because we have depth at LB, because we certainly don't have the DL personal to run that defense.
                          So to sum it up:
                          Keep Woodyard at WLB
                          move DJ to SLB
                          keep Larsen at MLB
                          Start freakin Barrett

See how things play out from there.

Comment

move DJ to SLB
                            That's a problem, since he made it pretty clear he doesn't like the strong side. As njx9 said, moving him there is pretty much saying that he's done in Denver.

Comment

People seem to forget DJ was playing pretty gosh darn good for us before he got hurt on the weakside.
                              I like what I see from Woodyard though.
                              Personally, DJ is a terrible MLB. I don't want to see him there. Move him to strongside if you move him. Woodyard is way too small to be moved anywhere else.
                              I do hope we don't go back to a fricken 3-4 defense because we have depth at LB, because we certainly don't have the DL personal to run that defense.
                              So to sum it up:
                              Keep Woodyard at WLB
                              move DJ to SLB
                              keep Larsen at MLB
                              Start freakin Barrett

See how things play out from there.
                              Larsen was a fan favorite but his play at MLB wasn't anything real great. Hence the reason he was moved back to FB before Hillis was even injured.

I think the best 3 LBs we can put out on the field are DJ, WW, and either Winborn or Webster.

Comment

• What do you think the chances are of trading DJ Williams?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information