This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
    Broncos could end up getting the better end of the deal. Fill the holes on defense & upgrade your run game. You guys already have some of the best targets in the league, all you really need is a good game manager and you'll be okay, imo.
    That's basically my feeling at this point. McD will of course grab a QB with the right skillset in the later rounds to groom as Orton's replacement.

1.) Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
    1.) Ray Maualuga, ILB, USC
    2.) Ron Brace, NT, Boston College
    3.) Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa
    3.) Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond
    4.) David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame
    Both first rounders are guys with dubious judgement / maturity issues. I don't see that happening with McD at the helm. I particularly dislike Davis, as he's pretty much the opposite of a "team player".

Shonn Greene might be a nice addition to our offense if he could: a) catch the ball, or b) pass block.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
      Broncos could end up getting the better end of the deal. Fill the holes on defense & upgrade your run game. You guys already have some of the best targets in the league, all you really need is a good game manager and you'll be okay, imo.

1.) Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
      1.) Ray Maualuga, ILB, USC
      2.) Ron Brace, NT, Boston College
      3.) Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa
      3.) Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond
      4.) David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame

Scary, scary, defense.
      The draft is decent, Not too exciting though. The only first round DB i think we would take would be Jenkins if he fell to 12, otherwise I don't see it. Maualuga I can live with, and Brace is a great pick in the 2nd. The Broncos have 11 runningbacks currently under contract, So I just don't see drafting a RB that early. The offense is pretty set. Look for most of the draft to be defensive.

Comment

• sooo, im guessing everybody here who had the name "Cutler" somewhere in their sn has changed it by now, so can whoever did that state their old sn por favor?

thnx.

Comment

• Do you guys feel like a OLB for the 3-4 is something Denver needs to pick up in the draft or do you feel confident that the guys you have (Dumervil, Moss, Crowder) can get the job done?

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            Do you guys feel like a OLB for the 3-4 is something Denver needs to pick up in the draft or do you feel confident that the guys you have (Dumervil, Moss, Crowder) can get the job done?
            I don't feel confident that Crowder and Moss can do anything, let alone start on defense. The Broncos have worked out quite a number of OLB prospects, which suggests they're looking for help at this position.

Dumervil seems like the guy who will put his hand down when the go to a 4 man front. I don't like him as an every down 3-4 OLB, but if they use him mainly as a rushbacker with limited coverage responsibilities, I could see him having some success.

Comment

• Adding to the list of workouts...

Looks like McGee is coming to visit the Broncos:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-heading-west/

He has the kind of intangibles McD is looking for. I certainly wouldn't mind if they took him to groom as a future starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                Do you guys feel like a OLB for the 3-4 is something Denver needs to pick up in the draft or do you feel confident that the guys you have (Dumervil, Moss, Crowder) can get the job done?
                I have no confidence in our pass rush. None. We need to upgrade the position, it's as simple as that.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• I think the only player that MIGHT have some potential at OLB is Jarvis Moss. But that is a huge maybe. I think one of the first three picks needs to be spent on a potential 3-4 OLB (Ayers, Brown, Maybin)

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Mini-camp notes:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...sing-out-camp/

The comments about the LB situation were interesting. Woodyard looking good at ILB is no surprise. We've finally had a Crowder sighting... at OLB. If he and Dumervil both show they can play the Rushbacker-DE hybrid spot, then Moss is pretty much dead meat.

Comment

• I had kinda forgot about Crowder, I liked him coming out. I figured Woodyard would contribute somewhere.

Maybe the D isn't in as much trouble as we think? Sure it needs a talent injection, but two first rounders, or a first and a 2nd on D should really help it take shape. Can't forget about BDawk being a veteran leader on the field.

i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job

Comment

• It looks like Crowder is backing up Reid at one of the outside LB spots, with Dumervil starting on the other side. That's a pretty big pair of linebackers, almost more of a 5-2 alignment (which is not typical of Nolan's scheme).

DL is definitely the question mark - McD pretty much said so in his comments. Maybe some of our DT's will pan out as 3-4 ends (Thomas? Peterson?), but NT for sure has to be addressed somewhere in the draft.

Comment

• I really think Woodyard could start alongside Williams in the middle. But, I am not the least bit optimistic about Crowder contributing at any point this year. Lets hope McDaniels knows what he's doing this Saturday.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by jCut View Post
                            I really think Woodyard could start alongside Williams in the middle.
                            In Nolan's usual 3-4 one of the ILB's is a strong attacker who hits the line of scrimmage / lead blocker in hopes of disrupting the play and allowing the other LB's to clean up. Guys like Rey Rey and Jasper Brinkley were born for that role. DJ and WW? Not so much.

Right now, it looks like Andra Davis is going to be doing the dirty work, probably with Larsen and perhaps a rookie behind him.

Comment

• Rumor has it that Moss and Crowder are on the trade block:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...to-trade-down/

In addition, Iíve also learned that the Denver Broncos are shopping defensive ends Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder.

Moss, a second year veteran out of the University of Florida, has only started 1 game in the past two seasons. In addition, Moss only amassed 12 tackles in 2008, according to NFL.com.

Crowder, a second year vet out of the University of Texas, only appeared in 19 total games for the Broncos since being drafted.
                              Ah, the rare and mysterious "double bust". What's that, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pretty much up in smoke? Nice. We'll be lucky to get some late round junk picks in return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                                Rumor has it that Moss and Crowder are on the trade block:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...to-trade-down/

Ah, the rare and mysterious "double bust". What's that, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pretty much up in smoke? Nice. We'll be lucky to get some late round junk picks in return.
                                So much for my positive outlook of them potentially working in a 3-4. Not gonna happen.

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information