Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From McDaniels' end of season presser... after talking about the need to have a deep group of running backs:

"(Hillis) is the same guy I described earlier. He's got a lot of different talents and abilities, and we're glad he's on our team. We'll look forward to moving forward and seeing how his role can maybe be different and more productive next year."
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=9740

When I listened to the audio a while back, it sounded to me like McD was basically admitting that certain players (e.g. Royal, Hillis) didn't get used to the full extent of their ability, and that was something he (McD) needed work on. Obviously, the players have a part to play in that as well - they need to understand their responsibilities in the scheme and be able to execute on the field.

Comment

• It looks like we took Rick Dennison from you guys. I dont know much about him, what do you guys think of him???

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
        From McDaniels' end of season presser... after talking about the need to have a deep group of running backs:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=9740

When I listened to the audio a while back, it sounded to me like McD was basically admitting that certain players (e.g. Royal, Hillis) didn't get used to the full extent of their ability, and that was something he (McD) needed work on. Obviously, the players have a part to play in that as well - they need to understand their responsibilities in the scheme and be able to execute on the field.
        I think a big part of Royal's issues is him dealing with press coverage. Hopefully they sort that out in the offseason, or McD figures out how to get him open.

To me it seems the problem with Hillis is more of a case on McD not quite knowing what to do with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
          I think a big part of Royal's issues is him dealing with press coverage. Hopefully they sort that out in the offseason, or McD figures out how to get him open.
          FWIW, something I heard from a few sources was Royal didn't end up as our version of Welker because he had difficulty adjusting to a role that emphasized reading the D and find the hole in the coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            so i was asked about scheffler today, and roughly what his value would be...

anyone see the idiots getting more than a 6th or so for him?
            Bengals would be foolish not to go after this guy if he comes that cheap!
            So we wont.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
              Bengals would be foolish not to go after this guy if he comes that cheap!
              So we wont.
              We'd be foolish to sell so low!
              So we will.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                We'd be foolish to sell so low!
                So we will.
                Bengals and Broncos, a match made in misguided front office heaven.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

• I think we will ask for a third and end up with a fourth for Scheff. Still a great deal for Cinci.

Comment

• What can you guys tell me about Mike Nolan's defense?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                      What can you guys tell me about Mike Nolan's defense?
                      Nothing that should be relevant to the Dolphins IMO. We went away from a 4-3 despite not having the right personnel, so rather than a traditional 3-4, we used a 5-2. Both OLBs played at the line of scrimmage, as they just didnt have the athleticism/range or tackling ability of real LBs. The idea was to disguise who was coming from the 5 man front so that Nolan could get pressure on the QB, and hope that having that many guys on the line of scrimmage could make up for the undersized (and not particularly talented) guys at NT and DE to help stop the run. It worked for half the season, and then kind of fell apart when teams figured out how to run on it, and how to expose the poor coverage skills of our OLBs and lack of a nickel CB. It was quite useful scheme when we were in front and teams had to pass, but very ineffectual when we were behind and team loaded up and ran on us (especially because the left side of the def couldnt tackle).

Nolan did a good job with what he had, but the personnel caught up with him in the end. I guess this is why I am not as upset as some with the late season collapse - the defense finally go exposed to a degree after over-achieving, and the o-line fell apart with injuries and poor depth. The roster needs more rebuilding.

Comment

• Did he like to attack alot and did he move around his passrushers to create mismatches?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                          Did he like to attack alot and did he move around his passrushers to create mismatches?
                          Yeah, quite a bit. 2 of our 39 sacks came from guys in the front 3. When you have DEs and a NT that ineffectual at getting to the QB, you need attack a lot and to get very creative in changing where you pass-rush from.

Comment

• Martindale is the pick in Denver

A long-time Raiders assistant will now be running Denver's defense.

The Broncos announced Thursday that Don "Wink" Martindale will be promoted from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator.

Comment

• Better than Pees, imo.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• At least we'll be keeping the same system.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information