This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    it seems highly likely then, that marshall is gone, and mcxanders get another draft pick to waste. ugh.
    If a team wants to give up a first for Marshall anyways.

I too think that he might be gone since they didn't give him the 1st/3rd tenure. Hopefully we'll get a high pick and not waste it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
      If a team wants to give up a first for Marshall anyways.

I too think that he might be gone since they didn't give him the 1st/3rd tenure. Hopefully we'll get a high pick and not waste it.
      Regardless of the location of the first round pick we'd be compensated with, it would give us more ammo to trade up a few slots for McClain.

That extra first might be in the 15-23 range which would be extremely ideal. We all seem to think that there really isn't a lot of value with anyone at #11 anymore besides Mcclain or Bryant, so we could just ship this pick to a team for some future picks, or we could squat on it and take Williams or Cody.

Comment

• ^^ We all know that's going to happen.

****. Our offense is useless without Brandon Marshall. If we lose him, we're gonna get a top pick next year.

Wait. Whoever we trade that pick to to get this year's Alphonso Smith will have a high pick.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• If we trade Marshall for a late first, which turns into Williams or Iupati, then I would have no issue taking Bryant if both Haden and McClain are gone at 11. I just dont want Bryant to be the only player we get in the first.

That being said, I dont think the success of the offense hinges on Marshall. If we can run the ball and throw screen passes that work, then the receivers will take care of themselves. Marshall had big games and we lost. Gaffney had a big game and we lost. If we ran the ball well and controlled the clock, we won.

Comment

i don't think we have a qb who can throw to downfield receivers, which is why i really don't want bryant. marshall fills a perfect niche in our current offense, in that he can make plays underneath, which about the only place orton can get the ball consistently. why is why it's still so shocking to me that royal couldn't find a place on the field. regardless, i don't see bryant as a similar player, and i don't think there's any way that orton can get him the ball consistently.

i'm also entertained by the idea of us running "screen passes that work". i don't think mcdaniels has any of those in his playbook.
            So much irony there. Our o-line seems to be soooo competent blocking, yet when their assignments are to "not block" on a screen, they **** up completely.

Comment

i'm also entertained by the idea of us running "screen passes that work". i don't think mcdaniels has any of those in his playbook.
              So much irony there. Our o-line seems to be just fine blocking in this complicated offense, yet when their assignments are to simply "not block" on a screen, they struggle in executing.

Maybe we should just sign Kwame Harris.
              Last edited by Jimmy; 03-03-2010, 10:27 PM.

Comment

i don't think we have a qb who can throw to downfield receivers, which is why i really don't want bryant. marshall fills a perfect niche in our current offense, in that he can make plays underneath, which about the only place orton can get the ball consistently. why is why it's still so shocking to me that royal couldn't find a place on the field. regardless, i don't see bryant as a similar player, and i don't think there's any way that orton can get him the ball consistently.

When throwing passes underneath, the receiver has to beat press coverage. Royal couldnt last year. Hopefully he figures it out this season.

There are not many receivers who can do what Marshall can. Bryant is not the beast Marshall is, but he has good size, good hands and is good at coming back to the QB. He wouldnt be terrible in our offense.

I can remember a few screen passes that did work, but more because they went to Dan Graham or Marshall and they just ran over DBs.

Comment

• Unless Bryant *really* convinces the team that he won't be a disruption, I seriously doubt the team will consider him even if BMarsh does move on. The team just went through the headaches of dealing with a diva receiver, you see what happened with Crabtree last draft (who I believe has the same agent as Bryant)... I just don't see the Broncos ignoring their entire draft philosophy in a panic move to address WR in round 1.

Anyway, I think the tender levels make a certain amount of sense. The 1st round tender on Marshall may very well be aimed at using the market to establish his contract $ value (whereas the 1st & 3rd tender would just be too big a hit for many other teams to stomach). See what kind of offers come in, and if the dollars are reasonable just choose to match.

Comment

honestly curious (not just being a sarcastic prick for once), what do you think our draft philosophy actually is?
                    Here's Mr X's explaination:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...V&year=&month=

Summary of Broncos prospect: smart, tough, versatile, good team player

It will be interesting to see how this plays out on draft day.

Comment

• Seriously though... How are we going to compensate for Marshall? McDaniels clearly isn't a Royal fan, and unless we use a 1st/2nd on a WR, we have nobody that McDaniels feels is right at #1/2

Comment

• http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=169009&spln=1

I don't know how credible this Charles Robinson is but I sure don't want this Marshall drama stretched out any longer. The last thing I want is some flat footed boogie for 5 weeks, where we do absolutely nothing and wait for people to bid, and then realize we're asking too much. We will lower the asking price to a second which is too damn low, were gonna keep him, and there's going to be even more drama. Scratch that, I have absolutely no clue what is going to happen, I feel like a little boy lost in a super market right now. I just want this Marshall situation to end to be honest.
                        Last edited by Jimmy; 03-04-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• seahawks hosting marshall tomorrow.

if they sign him... hello pick #6

Trade up for Suh, McCoy, Bradford? Suh, McCoy not prototypical 3-4 NT's

Stay put and take Clausen?

Hope Berry falls to 6?

McClain?
                          Last edited by Jimmy; 03-05-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• IMO there is no way we get the 6th pick from seattle. we dont really want it, and i doubt they would pay that much for marshall. if he goes to seattle, it will be via trade and not the offer sheet.

Comment

• I hope we settle for nothing less than our original pick in a trade. 2nd rounder would just be stupid. At least picking in the mid first there would be a small chance of drafting a good player.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• FYI Denver Just Signed This Guy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information