X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    .... what?
    Remember the success Rod Woodson had @ CB when he 1st started his career for the Steelers?

I believe Eric Berry is that good if not better. If he falls to the #11 pick I say grab him, but that's my opinion

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
    Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
      With Williams Green and Bannan our 3-4 front line just got a whole lot formidable, assuming Williams is healthy.
      I like these moves, not only because they help address our weaknesses along the lines, but because they take a lot of pressure off on draft day... with some solid veterans holding the fort, we can look to pick DL when the value is good and take the time to develop them properly.

Comment

rod woodson was, arguably, one of the two best CBs of all time. i don't see that in eric berry. that said, depending on how the board falls, i wuoldn't be opposed to taking him.
        Yes but Rod Woodson played in a time where they actually let the CBs play more agressive and physical, which I sorely long for those days again. Now a days they make it almost impossible for CB to become shutdown corners because officials are so flag happy, although Darell Reives is pretty damn close. But that being said I hope Denver gets him b/c they are a good organization who I believe is on the rise. I dont want him to go the way of Nahamdi Amsoughah and get sucked into a bad organization for all his career.
        Also doesn't hurt that Berry seems to have a chip on his shoulder already and a personal vendetta to prove to the critics he will be great.

ps I know I butchered his name

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
        Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

• Denver officially signed Jamal Williams
          http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...line-makeover/

and Jarvis Green
          http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-to-denver/

Comment

• Originally posted by crossroads View Post
            Great news.

Bannan and Green as Ends, with McBean / Peterson back ups, and then Williams at NT with Fields, our DL looks pretty solid assuming Jamal Williams is fully recovered.

Comment

honestly curious (not just being a sarcastic prick for once), what do you think our draft philosophy actually is?
              Based off two free agency periods and one draft my take is this:

We dont ever want to be drafting due to a pressing need. We are using the draft to take players that we believe will excel in the system that we want to run (the smart, tough, intelligent, versatile, blah, blah....). The position they play is of secondary importance to our opinion on how good they can be in the system. A drafted player being able to produce immediately is not that important. Free agency is for plugging holes or immediate needs, and only with guys that are solid or dependable at their position (and not with big ticket players). By spreading the wealth in free agency rather than blowing all our cash on one guy, we ensure that we have a dependable guy at every position before the draft starts. This assures us of being in the position that we dont have to reach for someone or compromise the type of player we are looking for by drafting to fill an immediate need.

Agree or disagree?

Comment

• Based on comments from McD and X, it sounded like they were pretty rushed to get ready for the draft last year, which may explain some of the inconsistencies.

I think you'll see the approach X outlined in that video clip in effect come draft day. The fact that "need" is downplayed to some extent could lead to some interesting situations.

Whether that will lead to any good picks is another question entirely.

Comment

• It appears the Broncos had a private workout for Tony Pike and Mardy Gilyard

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-Gilyard.html

Interesting. I can see why they'd like Gilyard (dangerous slot receiver and return man) and Pike is the kind of tall, smart QB that McD seems to favor.

Comment

• How is that draft from last year looking? I realize that there wasn't a ton of production from the group last year, but I liked Moreno, Ayers, Smith, McBath, and Bruton.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                      It appears the Broncos had a private workout for Tony Pike and Mardy Gilyard

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-Gilyard.html

Interesting. I can see why they'd like Gilyard (dangerous slot receiver and return man) and Pike is the kind of tall, smart QB that McD seems to favor.
                      This telegraphs the fact that were going for a WR/QB... Although I suppose it was obvious.. but as well as telegraphing it also gives the general round they are focusing on.

My guess is that we are really interested in one of the two and we decided... what the f***.. why not bring in the other one, theyre comfortable with eachother and have a connection. So perhaps we are interested in a quarterback in the 2nd-4th or a WR in the 1st-3rd. I believe that we are more interested in Gilyard, that's just me.

Comment

• Broncos cut Andra Davis:

Josina Anderson of Fox 31 KDVR in Denver reports the Broncos have released ILB Andra Davis. The Denver Post confirms.
                        http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2595

I really hope this means they're targeting McClain with the 11th pick.

Comment

• WTF?!??!?!?!?!??!?!

Comment

• Davis - can't cover, has no range and wore down towards the end of the year.

3 possibilities come to mind:

1. Uncapped season abuse - cut him, then resign him for less at no penalty.

2. Kirk Morrison - he's available and Martindale is his old coach

3. BMarsh - trade is in the works, and we're getting a LB in return

I don't think this can be about the draft. Either the team has someone they like on the roster already or they're bringing in an established player via FA/trade.

Comment

see my location in re: moreno. ayers looked awful, but i think he can improve as he learns how to play the position. alphonso smith was absolutely horrific, but again, i guess he can learn how to play nickel at some point. mcbath, i think, can end up as a pretty good S. i don't see him as great, but he should be a pretty solid starter. bruton looks like a great depth/ST guy, but never someone i think will start on defense.
                              Well that sucks.

As for Moreno, how was the offensive line play? 3.8 YPC isn't absolutely dreaful, although it's not up to par.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• i heard a very unsubstantiated rumor about trading BMarsh to the jets for david harris.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information