This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as a fact nut i found this pretty interesting
    In the last 4 yrs, Broncos CB Champ Bailey has started 56 games and been called for pass interference just once.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl#ixzz0kZK3ugpW

Comment

• I come in peace.

Let's pretend for a second that the Broncos do not in any way want to keep Brandon Marshall for whatever stupid reason.

(I believe this is case, but I don't want to argue that point at all and none of us know the real answer anyway - for the sake of my inquiry, just pretend even if you feel there's still a chance they'll keep him).

No one offers a first round pick. Someone offers a 2nd in the mid 40s or 50s *Those are the ONLY offers you get and you are committed to dealing this player.
      *I do acknowledge that there are two teams that can easily outbid the Seahawks and I believe they each have the resources to get a deal done on the spot if they offered a second round pick (TB #35, NE two of the seconds or #22). My question is if the well truly is dry and those teams do not offer those deals that I believe the Broncos would accept.

The Seahawks offer this:
      pick #60
      4th rounder
      5th rounder
      ILB David Hawthorne

or

4th rounder
      CB Josh Wilson

I know, as fans, none of you would want to trade one of the best WRs in the NFL for either underwhelming package, but can you envision your very recently, let's be honest, stupid, organization making one of these moves?
      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
        I come in peace.

Let's pretend for a second that the Broncos do not in any way want to keep Brandon Marshall for whatever stupid reason.

(I believe this is case, but I don't want to argue that point at all and none of us know the real answer anyway - for the sake of my inquiry, just pretend even if you feel there's still a chance they'll keep him).

No one offers a first round pick. Someone offers a 2nd in the mid 40s or 50s *Those are the ONLY offers you get and you are committed to dealing this player.
        *I do acknowledge that there are two teams that can easily outbid the Seahawks and I believe they each have the resources to get a deal done on the spot if they offered a second round pick (TB #35, NE two of the seconds or #22). My question is if the well truly is dry and those teams do not offer those deals that I believe the Broncos would accept.

The Seahawks offer this:
        pick #60
        4th rounder
        5th rounder
        ILB David Hawthorne

or

4th rounder
        CB Josh Wilson

I know, as fans, none of you would want to trade one of the best WRs in the NFL for either underwhelming package, but can you envision your very recently, let's be honest, stupid, organization making one of these moves?
        God I hope not.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
          I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of our new leadership. Some of the problems they've dealt with weren't necessarily of their making. They've done a good job with FA and I think have handled Marshall's flakiness about as well as could be expected.

My main concern was the draft last year, but McD was very honest about the fact that they were squeezed for time to prepare. I believe things will be quite different this year.

As for your packages, #1 might have a chance in a desperation situation. I just don't see any reason for desperation. No interest from other teams makes him easier to sign. He wants his paycheck, so he's not going to sit out (especially with the 2011 uncertainty). He's in a tough spot with little leverage.

Comment

• It seems things are coming to a head:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-talk-today/

Whatever the Broncos have decided, they'll apparently be communicating it to Marshall today. Per Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver, the Broncos and Marshall will meet Tuesday to discuss the future.

Comment

• stay strong everyone, stay strong

Comment

• any feelings on the Marshall Trade? Do you think it will effect thier 1st round pick? What about thier 2 second rounders in the 2010 draft?

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigfreak314 View Post
                  any feelings on the Marshall Trade? Do you think it will effect thier 1st round pick? What about thier 2 second rounders in the 2010 draft?
                  To be honest, were basically stuck in the same position we were in that '99 season. We can't possibly draft Dez #1. First off, he will never be as good as Marshall. Second off, he has character issues. So I don't know who we draft. I don't think it effects us at all, I think most people had a feeling he was gone (although I had hoped he would stay around) and most people still have us going w/ McClain.

Comment

• Can any of you seeing Denver go RB within the first 3 rounds? Especially now with an extra pick in the 2nd. I think they may be one of the teams that look at guys like Tate, Dwyer and Hardesty in the 3rd if they can address ILB/WR/G with their first three picks. There have been a lot of reports about how Knowshon wore down last season and while his stamina should improve you still want to protect him; Buckhalter has been a nice player at this stage of his career but he's not going to last past this season, his time has come. Not to mention he can't be a lead-back should Moreno go down, and JJ Arrington isn't a reliable backup/committee partner if Buck is the one to get hurt.
                    Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

• Well we didn't get raped as hard as I was imagining we were going to with Marshall. Still not very happy we had to trade him though. Now when we draft Tebow I'm going to kill someone < not literally, it's just a figure of speech >

Comment

• I hate this team.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• I don't think two 2nd's is a bad deal, considering what has been going on with WR's recently. After that ridiculous Roy Williams trade, no one is going to break the bank for a receiver.

Certainly better than any package Seattle could've put together (#60 plus a bunch of 4ths / 5ths isn't getting it done). Interesting that Seattle's effort to make this trade was sabotaged by what they gave up for the QB from SD.

As for our first round pick, taking Dez Bryant would be foolish unless the team is 100% certain he'll get with the program. There is no point trading one problem for another. Benn, Tate, Williams, Gilyard, Decker... there are a lot of good receivers in the draft who would be a better fit in terms of team chemistry.

Comment

• Two seconds is not a bad deal for a guy who rejected an extension here and was going to walk next season anyways. Anyone bitching about this deal just needs to pull their head out their ass and realize it was the best we could have gotten for his services, and it can please both parties.

The value of this trade (reality) will take a few years to be projected.

As usual, NJX is whining and complaining. That must be a sign this was a good thing.
                            Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Scheffler next on deck...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...mpaign=twitter

Tony Scheffler will sign his tender today, a transaction formality that transfers the Broncos' tight end from restricted free agency to the trading block.
                              A 3rd would be a miracle. A fourth seems about right... maybe the Rams or Bengals?

Comment

• At least 15 is open now for when we draft Tebow.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information