Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, but...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, but...

Damn, that Willis is good.

I was just re-watching the 49er-Cards highlights and I gotta say the guy is one hell of a player. I found myself regretting, deep down, not trading down to get him, with possibly more picks or future first's

Before you guys start on me: picture this. We trade down to #10, where the Falcons were, falcons get #2, which means calvin, we get #10 (Willis) plus next years #1.

That's a top 5 pick AND willis. God we could get a top-end CB and Calais Campbell in the first. Or maybe Brian Brown, Andre' Woodson, Colt Brennan, Maybe, if the running game keeps dissapointing us, DMC... It would have been a coup.

Just saying, I love CJ, but that would've been amazing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Either way is win/win.. I wanted Patrick Willis bad.. but CJ is my God! I can't complain at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      Either way is win/win.. I wanted Patrick Willis bad.. but CJ is my God! I can't complain at all.
      I'm not complaining, I was just thinking that... wow we'd get Willis + high draft pick next year (campbell) which just wowed me.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
        I'm not complaining, I was just thinking that... wow we'd get Willis + high draft pick next year (campbell) which just wowed me.
        It's definitely a "wow" situation.

Sims and Willis... with another 1st round pick next year.

If CJ is everything we think he is, I'd rather have him. But... it's interesting to think about.
        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Can you imagine having Calvin and Poz right now? Guess Millen couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
            hahahahahahahahaha

Originally posted by BeansDooma
            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Would I like Poz right now? Hell yeah. But, if Stanton is everything Martz thinks he can be, I'd take him over Poz any day. Stanton gives the QB position "hope" for the post-Kitna era.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                Would I like Poz right now? Hell yeah. But, if Stanton is everything Martz thinks he can be, I'd take him over Poz any day. Stanton gives the QB position "hope" for the post-Kitna era.
                I just think we reached on Stanton also. I think there was a way for us to stay and take Poz and still leave the draft with Stanton. But I don't know how much GM's look to the future, but there are around 4 QBs that I would take in this draft over Stanton. Plus I still don't trust Martz to stick around.

Comment

Didn't Millen try desperately to trade down but no one would do it?
                  Originally posted by 7-11
                  Originally posted by Renji
                  Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                  But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

Originally posted by litlharsh View Post
                    Didn't Millen try desperately to trade down but no one would do it?
                    I don't think it was like that. I remember reading articles about how he knew how great a prospect CJ was that he was only going to move down for an offer that really "wow'ed" him. If the team wasn't going to give up the farm he wasn't going to move down. So he wasn't calling teams he was letting the teams call him.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                      Damn, that Willis is good.

I was just re-watching the 49er-Cards highlights and I gotta say the guy is one hell of a player. I found myself regretting, deep down, not trading down to get him, with possibly more picks or future first's

Before you guys start on me: picture this. We trade down to #10, where the Falcons were, falcons get #2, which means calvin, we get #10 (Willis) plus next years #1.

That's a top 5 pick AND willis. God we could get a top-end CB and Calais Campbell in the first. Or maybe Brian Brown, Andre' Woodson, Colt Brennan, Maybe, if the running game keeps dissapointing us, DMC... It would have been a coup.

Just saying, I love CJ, but that would've been amazing.
                      That is EXACTLY what I was hoping for at the time!!!

I like CJ a ton..........but you also have to wonder how in the world can they re-sign Roy in a few years with that much CA$H already dedicated to WRs.

AND........like you said.......we could have had the MLB we desparately needed PLUS an impact player in the 2008 draft.

Millen was simply too desparate himself to make them look decent sooner rather than for the long-term.........which is why teams like the Patriots can stay at the top by drafting the way they do.

One player a team does not make.

Comment

If they had been able to trade down, they would've taken Leon Hall over Willis....according to killer, and continue to let *cough* Paris Lenon start at MLB.

Comment

I don't think it was like that. I remember reading articles about how he knew how great a prospect CJ was that he was only going to move down for an offer that really "wow'ed" him. If the team wasn't going to give up the farm he wasn't going to move down. So he wasn't calling teams he was letting the teams call him.
                          oh ok. that's pretty millenesque
                          Originally posted by 7-11
                          Originally posted by Renji
                          Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                          But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

don't get me wrong: I love having CJ, so I'm not critisizing Millen's choice.

EDIT: Athough I do hate him for not getting Poz.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I think the nickname Megatron is pretty stupid though, Im going to continue to refer to him simply as man beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information