No announcement yet.

Does Rogers trade affect 15th overall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Rogers trade affect 15th overall?

Just wondering if anyone on here thinks the Rogers for Bodden and a 3rd makes us go any differently in the first?

We have Bodden who is a really good number 2 and a second 3rd which means we can move up if need be.

I think it increases the likelihood of a RB or OT being taken at 15.

But the trade really only shifted our need from starting CB to starting DT.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Xio. We still have to see if we get someone like The Burner. Hopefully we do.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

I honestly think it increases our chances to go MLB in round 1. CB should be a round 2 pick now, and RB/OT could be addressed in FA (Turner or Moore/Shelton). The team wants an improvement at MLB, and they may have a player in mind.
        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

I would love to see us take mandenhall or stewart in the first and I think getting bodden helps that possibility, but I think what would cement us not going CB is signing a guy like Florence or making a move for Foxworth

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

If we sign a FA RB, I think we go MLB (or DE). If we don't, I think we go RB.
            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

I really dont want the burner if we go RB, i don't think he's an every down guy.

I'd so much rather have a guy that has carried the load like Jonathon Stewart. Just me though.

Who would we go if we do go MLB in the first? Neither Mayo nor Lofton have first round grades

fenikz

35-21

Comment

If we get Turner, I think we go OT or maybe DL if one falls.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
                  I really dont want the burner if we go RB, i don't think he's an every down guy.

I'd so much rather have a guy that has carried the load like Jonathon Stewart. Just me though.

Who would we go if we do go MLB in the first? Neither Mayo nor Lofton have first round grades
                  NOT CONNOR!!!!

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                    I honestly think it increases our chances to go MLB in round 1. CB should be a round 2 pick now, and RB/OT could be addressed in FA (Turner or Moore/Shelton). The team wants an improvement at MLB, and they may have a player in mind.
                    I know we reached a little with Sims at #9 a few years ago but I do not see one MLB that is worth a mid first round pick this year.Maybe if Rey was in this class but he is not. I think a lot will depend on M Turner and if they go after him, then I could see an OT going at #15 to us.

Originally posted by supermario86
                    Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

I hope we dont go RB in the first. this years draft is deep with RB's and we don't have the Oline for a premier RB yet. I also am completely against grabbing Turner this year. Nothing against him and think hes a decent back its just we don't need to overspend on a FA on any position.

I say take a conservative approach to FA and Draft MLB/OT in first and second and CB third unless a great one falls in the 2nd. We can grab a nice RB in the 3rd we got from cleveland.

WE need to keep the cap down this year as its a make or break for the current front office and coaching staff. I truely believe if we dont make playoffs this year M&M era is fianlly over.I don't want to hand the new staff a messed up cap.Also if they do produce this year and make playoffs next year you break the bank for the top players to make a run at a superbowl.

Bclion

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                        NOT CONNOR!!!!
                        I really dont want him either.

There's no First round MLB's available that are worth taking at 15.

And as far as reaching at 15. We only reached about 5-6 spots to grab Sims, If we reach for Wheeler we could be reaching an entire round. Mayo might sneak into the first, but lofton wont either.

fenikz

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by Newbs24 View Post
                          I know we reached a little with Sims at #9 a few years ago but I do not see one MLB that is worth a mid first round pick this year.Maybe if Rey was in this class but he is not. I think a lot will depend on M Turner and if they go after him, then I could see an OT going at #15 to us.
                          I wouldnt mind trading down a couple spots to get value at MLB this year and then trading back into second for better set of CB's or CB/OT.

Bclion

Comment

because i still love his bald head i wouldn't be upset if we picked talib now but it's definately not as pressing of a need, especially at round one when we desperately need a pass rush and with the $40million+ contracts that ends are getting in FAs. i'd say let's just turn into the colts now and go with harvey and not be able to stop the run while picking up a joseph addaish player in the 2nd round and adding cb and oline depth later.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
                              I really dont want him either.

There's no First round MLB's available that are worth taking at 15.

And as far as reaching at 15. We only reached about 5-6 spots to grab Sims, If we reach for Wheeler we could be reaching an entire round. Mayo might sneak into the first, but lofton wont either.
                              I'm hip. Marinelli wont want a rookie running the defense at MLB. I think it solidifes that we are taking an OL in the first. Both OL and DB are pretty deep in this draft. MLB is out of the question at 15. Besides once you get past that top tier of OL the dropoff in talent is pretty steep. While CB I think you can still pick up ggod corners into the 2nd and 3rd round. MLB will most likely be filled through FA or we'll see the return of Paris Lennon/Teddy Lehman combo.

The bigger question I think is how are we filling the hole at DT now. The prospect of Shaun Cody, and Corey Redding isnt that attractive. And please nobody say the solution is Langston Moore.
                              http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information