keith rivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keith rivers

if the broncos signed boss bailey and he fell to #15, would we pick him? it says he's a bit 'undersized' but he's got a good 10lbs on paris lenon and close to 20lbs on alex lewis. plus can't argue with the 55.

i guess also, what's our updated realistic draftboard then?
    harvey, mendenhall, rivers, otah, talib?
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Keith Rivers would be a good fit on the team, if we didn't have Ernie Sims. Both play WLB.. I think we've got higher priorities than an OLB, anyways.

Comment

well i was thinking if he has some 'position flexibility' we could plug him in the middle and hopefully he'd become our next patrick willis/demeco ryan/ernie sims elite youngster. if we're scoring like we should and playing nickel alot then we could just leave him and sims out there. it seems like everybody's making runs at positions with huge depth, might as well grab the position with very little depth first if he's there.
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

(Grabs shovel...)

I definitely think that Rivers could play MLB in a Cover 2 defense... and would love to take him at 15.
        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
          if the broncos signed boss bailey and he fell to #15, would we pick him? it says he's a bit 'undersized' but he's got a good 10lbs on paris lenon and close to 20lbs on alex lewis. plus can't argue with the 55.

i guess also, what's our updated realistic draftboard then?
          harvey, mendenhall, rivers, otah, talib?
          Realistic draft board.

I don't like Albert or Otah so I would go

Clady
          Chris Williams
          Derrick Harvey
          Mendenhall
          Mayo

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
            (Grabs shovel...)

I definitely think that Rivers could play MLB in a Cover 2 defense... and would love to take him at 15.
            *hits Tactica with shovel*

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
              *hits Tactica with shovel*
              How'd you hit me with the shovel if I was holding it?

And, what's worse... raising the dead or assault? Exactly.

Stop hitting me with metaphorical shovels and let me dig.

Thanks.

- Management

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                How'd you hit me with the shovel if I was holding it?

And, what's worse... raising the dead or assault? Exactly.

Stop hitting me with metaphorical shovels and let me dig.

Thanks.

- Management
                *shoves you into the hole and buries you alive*

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

lions are looking at rivers but as a MLB not OLB but i think they will take mayo over rivers

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    Realistic draft board.

I don't like Albert or Otah so I would go

Clady
                    Chris Williams
                    Derrick Harvey
                    Mendenhall
                    Mayo
                    I like Rivers a lot, he had good things to say about the franchise and he seems like a class act.

But my Draft Board would go:

Clady
                    Harvey
                    Mendenhall
                    Mayo/Rivers

I honestly wouldn't be upset be upset with any of these players or any of the top 3 CB's either.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

He visited the Lions and apparently liked it a lot. Liked all the USC guys. Even likened it to USC for some reason.

Ask WMD for the link. It was some blog Rivers was writing.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                        He visited the Lions and apparently liked it a lot. Liked all the USC guys. Even likened it to USC for some reason.

Ask WMD for the link. It was some blog Rivers was writing.
                        This one (linked to from MLive.com).
                        Originally posted by [url=http://yardbarker.com/users/KeithRivers]Yardbarker[/url]
                        My Trip to the Motor City
                        submitted by KeithRivers 37 hours ago
                        As promised I am back in the Yard to fill you in on my trip to Detroit.

I flew into Detroit right after my New England visit. I got in Tuesday night and spent Wednesday at the Lions facility. I felt at home with all the Trojans there - I met with Joe Barry and Rod Marinelli and Shaun Cody, one of my former teammates. They gave me a tour of the facility and I ran into Buster Davis, who I played against in high school. He was a senior when I was a sophomore and they beat us 21-7 but we were debating who had the better game.

I got a chance to spend time with Matt Millen. He was very straight forward. He told me what to expect in my first year and how to make the transition from college to pro. It was some really good advice about eventually becoming the player who makes his teammates better. And he would know. He was a great linebacker.

Detroit really impressed me. The players enjoy being there. It was kind of like when I first came to USC to visit. Everyone was so upbeat and working hard. The Lions are going to turn the corner you could just feel it.
                        Interesting read.

We all know he's talented and is a great prospect. I'd love to have him.

Comment

I've always thought of Rivers as a pure WLB, but I suppose he probably could play MLB in the Tampa-2.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            I've always thought of Rivers as a pure WLB, but I suppose he probably could play MLB in the Tampa-2.
                            I guess. He's definately the top LB in the draft, so he would be a solid pick.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information