Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predictions for the coming year anyone??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Predictions for the coming year anyone??

    Here are a few of my predictions for the comming year.

    1. The Lions draft a RB which I personally think is a mistake. CB, LB, and OT are still the top needs on this team in my opinion. But as Scott predicted Millen wont be able to resist making the big name draft pick.

    2. Roy Williams will play a good year and then realize that KJ getting cut was the worst thing that could have happened to him. He now has a big target put on his back. Millen is the hunter, and his weapon of choice is the FRANCHISE TAG!!! Bet on it.

    3. We finally get to see what the big deal with drafting Calhoun was in the 3rd round. If he doesnt crack the lineup this year he's gone next.

    4. Calvin and Roy hit 1,000 yards. Thats right 2 receivers top 1,000 yards.

    5. Ready for this one....Lions with the NFC North.....by default. C'mon people. The NFC North is about as weak as it gets if you can't rise to the top in this crappy division....sheesh. Chicago doesnt have a starting QB unless they draft one, Benson has been pushing his way to bust status, and they have no decent receivers. Minnesota has a strong Running back, but T-Jack isnt the answer. And you can pass gas just as easily as you can pass a football on the Vikes Defense. The Lions just barely had a better pass D than the Vikings, the difference is that the Lions did something to improve it in the offseason. They can't really pass the ball so just clamp down on the running game and you should be in any game at the end. Green Bay, Probably has the best chance to push for the NFC North top spot, but the fact remains that Rodgers is a 4th year Rookie. So until he can proove that he can get it done week in and week out there will be questions. And game planning for Rodgers isnt as hard as game planning for Favre. Green Bay doesnt have what I'd call a dominant running game to fall back on.

    But there you go my predictions for the comming year. Lets hear some others out there, wondering what you guys thing the 08 year is going to end up looking like.
    http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

    "We got our Schwartz tangled"

  • #2
    My prediction for the Lions:

    1. Draft Rashard Mendenhall. Millen ignores the OL and DL until the 4th Round, maybe 3rd if we get lucky.

    2. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson have "down" years, statistically. The Lions are going to run the ball more and without Martz here, we'll see less WR's on the field. With less receivers to cover, the more attention defenses can pay to Roy Williams, at least until Calvin commands more attention. Is Furrey going to do anything without Martz?

    3. Brian Calhoun, Shaun Cody, and Stanley Wilson will all be off the team by the time 2009 rolls around. That will leave only 8 players on the team drafted by Millen from 2001-2006.

    4. Lions go 3-13 or 4-12. They get another top three pick. Fans stop coming to games. Marinelli and his staff get shown the door (three years and you're out seems to be the theme). And hopefully Ford realizes that it is finally time to part ways with his buddy Matt Millen, although not likely.

    Comment


    • #3
      Basically this team isn't capable to win more than 5 games I think, and that's bound to piss off some fans. I doubt Ford Field will sell out all year, and that should be a good wake-up call to our inept revenue-obsessed owner.

      Sig by Fenikz

      I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

      Comment


      • #4
        Yep, I agree.. I think we'd be lucky to go 6-10. We've got freakin Jon Kitna as our QB, and we don't have the Martz Offense to make him look "good".

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          Yep, I agree.. I think we'd be lucky to go 6-10. We've got freakin Jon Kitna as our QB, and we don't have the Martz Offense to make him look "good".
          Kitna will not finish this season as the starting QB unless Stanton goes down (again, which would be typical of our luck).

          I do want to say, I think this draft class, whatever it'll be, WILL be better than last years'.

          Sig by Fenikz

          I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

          Comment


          • #6
            calvin johnson breaks his leg in preseason

            at the end of the season we look back to see that this draft somehow fails to address any of our needs. (even if we took jake long or someone magically)

            millen stays

            or if you want a somewhat happy ending-
            lions win the super bowl, then move to mexico city.

            i've learned to have low expectations...and we will improve after taking a couple more steps back. atleast we play in the division with tavaris jackson, aaron rodgers, and rex grossman.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

            Prowler's Newb Guide

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Prowler View Post
              atleast we play in the division with tavaris jackson, aaron rodgers, and rex grossman.
              And the other three teams are glad they play against Jon Kitna/Drew Stanton. We all have crappy QB's, it'll be up to the Defenses to win this division and the Lions have the worst in the North.

              Definitely predicting a Top 5 pick for us next year.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by detknowitall View Post
                5. Ready for this one....Lions with the NFC North.....by default. C'mon people. The NFC North is about as weak as it gets if you can't rise to the top in this crappy division....sheesh. Chicago doesnt have a starting QB unless they draft one, Benson has been pushing his way to bust status, and they have no decent receivers. Minnesota has a strong Running back, but T-Jack isnt the answer. And you can pass gas just as easily as you can pass a football on the Vikes Defense. The Lions just barely had a better pass D than the Vikings, the difference is that the Lions did something to improve it in the offseason. They can't really pass the ball so just clamp down on the running game and you should be in any game at the end. Green Bay, Probably has the best chance to push for the NFC North top spot, but the fact remains that Rodgers is a 4th year Rookie. So until he can proove that he can get it done week in and week out there will be questions. And game planning for Rodgers isnt as hard as game planning for Favre. Green Bay doesnt have what I'd call a dominant running game to fall back on.
                The NFC North/Central has been weak plenty of years, the Lions never have capitalized. In the land of the blind man, the Lions are also crippled and retarde-d.


                And the stuff about "clamping down on the Vikings run game" is funny. The Bears had 11 men in the box and he still made them look like school girls. They are elite at running the ball and stopping the run, that alone should give them a huge advantage over the Bears and Lions.


                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  And the other three teams are glad they play against Jon Kitna/Drew Stanton. We all have crappy QB's, it'll be up to the Defenses to win this division and the Lions have the worst in the North.

                  Definitely predicting a Top 5 pick for us next year.
                  Welcome to detroit, Michael Oher.

                  Sig by Fenikz

                  I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    lol, the oher draft strategy will be in effect this year
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

                    Prowler's Newb Guide

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                      lol, the oher draft strategy will be in effect this year
                      Will it happen or will Millen still be employed?

                      Sig by Fenikz

                      I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Realistically the season bends on two factors

                        1. our ability to bring in a competent RG and RT don't care how good the rest of your team is if you are missing 1/2 of your OLine you ain't winning anything.

                        2. The ability for Aaron Rogers to be Brett Favre. Without Favre the offence is stuck the D is impressive but without the Big Favre they aren't going to be the great team they were last season. If Rogers is good in his first season as a full time starter then we're doomed.

                        2008 Opponents

                        HOME:
                        Bears: W - 90% sure with both teams healthy the Lions could beat the Bears at home the offence can't be fixed in 1 year. Even now they need a QB, 1 WR, 1 RB, 1 OT.

                        Green Bay: W - as I said before it depends on Aaron Rogers.

                        Minnesota: 50/50 - At home and Tavaris Jackson at QB I'd say 50/50 chance at a win.

                        New Orleans: W - I'd say a 60/40 chance maybe even 70/30 Marinelli has years of experience playing against the Saints I think we can take it at home.

                        Tampa Bay: W - Easy our best game of the year was against Tampa we have 95% ex-tampa players should be an easy win.

                        Jacksonville: L - Easy no need to comment

                        Tennessee: L - 60/40 against the Lions. Vince is a good QB

                        Washington: L - Destroyed us last year one year isn't going to change it that much.

                        AWAY

                        Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota - W, Rogers, L. See Above

                        Atlanta: W - Should be an easy win.

                        Carolina: W - I can't see why not they aren't exactly better this year.

                        Houston: L - Going against that D on the road I'll cue this as a Loss.

                        Indianapolis: L - If Manning isn't injured the Colts win this game period.

                        San Fran: L - Martz's Revenge he is going to save his best O for that game.


                        So the range is 9-7 best case 5-10 worst case.
                        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


                        DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

                        Originally posted by njx9
                        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm not predicting anymore, even though my prediction of 8-8 turned out to be... almost right.

                          Sig by Fenikz

                          I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            And this one is asking for trollers too.


                            Sweet Living

                            I remember 9/24/08

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              Welcome to detroit, Michael Oher.
                              No way, that actually require to Millen to address the Offensive Line before the 4th Round. I thinking more like "Welcome to Detroit, Chris Wells" (if we don't get Rashard this year) or "Welcome to Detroit, Michael Crabtree" (if Roy Williams is let go).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information