Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Lions Offseason discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2008 Lions Offseason discussion

    Originally posted by wingboy2999
    I miss the days when this thread would have new posts everytime I came back to it. Come on young bucks!
    So which Kick Returner should we draft?

    Millen needs to use one of his mid round picks (4th/5th) on a guy with great KR skills . . . at least then if it turns out the guy can't play D or run routes then we can at least put him at KR and have not completely wasted the pick.

    It kills me to see Steve Breaston and other late round guys like him get taken and contribute in a big way, while Detroit wastes picks on guys like Johnny Baldwin and A.J. Davis.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

  • #2
    im not sure i havent seen a lot of great returners other then the missouri freshman and desean jackson

    Comment


    • #3
      I bet pat white could make a good returnman, maybe like a slash player similar to how the jets use brad smith?? Not too sure about returnman.

      What'sthe status of Shaun Rogers? I've read that he's on the outs with marinelli, but i've also heard on here that marinelli really likes shaun and wants to work with him to get him in shape. Thanks.

      "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

      Comment


      • #4
        pat white would get killed


        i havent read anyhting new on rogers i think lions will keep him unless they get a good offer. I dont see millen shopping him around for a while because once he does that its a situation where u may need to get rid of himbecuase what ever motivation he had is now gone because he would then think we was not wanted either.

        The upside to keeping him is he helps this defense so much when hes goin all out because hes so good. Marinelli knows that and had a similar situation with sapp buyin into the tampa two. I think that if this team wins rogers will be a pro bowler. he disapeard last year when we started loosing. ALso he was unable to condition in the offseason due to his knee so he could come into camp in good shape next year. Unfortunatly i dont think we know all of what is going on with these two

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
          pat white would get killed


          i havent read anyhting new on rogers i think lions will keep him unless they get a good offer. I dont see millen shopping him around for a while because once he does that its a situation where u may need to get rid of himbecuase what ever motivation he had is now gone because he would then think we was not wanted either.

          The upside to keeping him is he helps this defense so much when hes goin all out because hes so good. Marinelli knows that and had a similar situation with sapp buyin into the tampa two. I think that if this team wins rogers will be a pro bowler. he disapeard last year when we started loosing. ALso he was unable to condition in the offseason due to his knee so he could come into camp in good shape next year. Unfortunatly i dont think we know all of what is going on with these two
          I know what you mean, i hear the same thing with vilma all the time. He says he wants to stay and win with the jets, but when theres plenty of rumors from friends or whatnot saying he doesn't want to be there, I tend to beleive there's always a bit of fire that caused all the smoke.

          I too think that if he can get in shape and he wants to play he's a top 5 DT easily in this league. Even though he is a bit tall, I think he's one of the few taller DTs that could actually flourish as a NT. But than you gotta get him to want to take on two three blockers every down.

          "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

          Comment


          • #6
            I honestly think they just need to get the man some lypo. If he lost like 30 pounds that is going to help his fitness even if they suck it out of him. IT MAKES SENSE!


            Sweet Living

            I remember 9/24/08

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
              I honestly think they just need to get the man some lypo. If he lost like 30 pounds that is going to help his fitness even if they suck it out of him. IT MAKES SENSE!
              Haha and i bet they could get the insurance to cover it becuase it's job related and not optional elective surgery (are there any complications with that kinda surgery as in not allowed to get hit in the stomach for months???); kinda like strippers getting free boob jobs??

              "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

              Comment


              • #8
                I have no idea honestly. Just something I thought of that'd help in someway. I'm sure it'd be like any other surgery. They probably don't do a lot of stuff with people in "impact" jobs like sports.


                Sweet Living

                I remember 9/24/08

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lions are dangling Roy Williams before the draft. If he is not dealt at the draft, he will leave as a free agent after this coming season.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    Lions are dangling Roy Williams before the draft. If he is not dealt at the draft, he will leave as a free agent after this coming season.
                    We've been talking about this for days..... and we can franchise him. Thanks for the info though.


                    Sweet Living

                    I remember 9/24/08

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Michael Oher declares. This is huge for us because it potentially upgrades us from Jeff Otah to Clady/Oher.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                        Michael Oher declares. This is huge for us because it potentially upgrades us from Jeff Otah to Clady/Oher.
                        I luv it.

                        Hey I was just thinking, with and CB depth as it is, do you see us going for a running back? With KJ about as durable as my grandma, who recently broke her arm falling off a chair, and a huge amount of running backs (especially juniors) available, I think it's an option.

                        Thing is, it's one less pick to spend on D... but we need the O to work, and with KJ injured every year, that's just killing us.

                        Sig by Fenikz

                        I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                          Lions are dangling Roy Williams before the draft. If he is not dealt at the draft, he will leave as a free agent after this coming season.
                          I want a first, nothing more, a first-rounder would allow us to get so much more out of this insanely deep draft.

                          Sig by Fenikz

                          I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We might be able to get more then a 1st. A small amount more but maybe more.

                            And yes, I want use to look at RB but not early obviously. A solid option could drop to 3rd - 4th.


                            Sweet Living

                            I remember 9/24/08

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              steve slaton in the 3rd would be nice, heck the potential undrafteds look pretty good too. i'd like a stud de/cb in first and 2nd and then whatever the marine wants to fill out his team. tommy blake would be a good option later since we wouldn't have to worry about him choking before any big games.
                              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

                              Prowler's Newb Guide

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information