Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Division just got a little tougher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Division just got a little tougher

    Chiefs traded Allen to Minny tonight, according to NFL.com, just waiting to get a site and details, but with Backus at LT we're f***ed

  • #2
    why wouldnt we go after him?

    Comment


    • #3
      I would have loved to, but I guess the argument against him was that we couldnt get his salary under the cap

      Comment


      • #4
        Now that I'm thinking about it, I bet the real hold up on it before was wether or not a DE would fall to them and now that Miami went Jake Long then the chance of Gholston or Chris long being there at 5 is a lot better, especially if St. Louis goes Dorsey which KC must believe will happen.

        Comment


        • #5
          Here's the link:

          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3362701

          terms still haven't been announced yet,

          Comment


          • #6
            alright, the compensation is #17 and both of Minny's 3rds.

            http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

            Puts his value at #9 overall. My bet is that KC will go Long/Gholston at 5 and Otah at 17

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by woodnick View Post
              alright, the compensation is #17 and both of Minny's 3rds.

              http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

              Puts his value at #9 overall. My bet is that KC will go Long/Gholston at 5 and Otah at 17
              I actually think theres a good change Oakland goes DE. Wildcard then is if STL takes Dorsey. I think KC may even be able to find a trade down suitor at 5. That would be crazy if they were able to pick up another second rounder.

              Comment


              • #8
                Wow a first and 2 thirds? that seems a little steep to me, but i guess when they have been trying to get a pass rusher forever Udeze, Erasmus James etc.. this move makes sense.

                fenikz

                "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

                35-21

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think getting #17 will allow the Chiefs to draft Matt Ryan at #5 and then possibly go OL with the second pick. They have three Round 3 picks, so they might even wait for OL until later.. but I definitely think Matt Ryan will go #5 to the Chiefs.

                  And yes, Jared Allen will completely dominate Jeff Backus.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah I'm thinking Matt Ryan too for KC.

                    Playing Minni in the MetroDome is going to be so tough now with that noise advantage. Giving Allen a step on Backus every play is just going to be a disaster. Ugghh.
                    Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2; 04-23-2008, 09:38 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Chiefs will make some noise in this draft for sure with all those picks.

                      As for the Vikings, wow ... an 8-8 team takes quite a gamble to give up most of their draft (3 picks in the top 82) for 1 player. Stealing a page from the defending champs by stacking the front of the D! IMO they have quite a few holes that could ahve been filled with those picks and were not a team that was 1 player away from a deep play-off run like maybe a Titans, Bucs or Jags team could pull off to offer a guy the highest defensive contract in NFL history and give up the farm for ... anyone agree?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So you can draft another WR Charles Rogers or Mike Williams.
                        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

                        Sig by, Hitman D

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                          Chiefs will make some noise in this draft for sure with all those picks.

                          As for the Vikings, wow ... an 8-8 team takes quite a gamble to give up most of their draft (3 picks in the top 82) for 1 player. Stealing a page from the defending champs by stacking the front of the D! IMO they have quite a few holes that could ahve been filled with those picks and were not a team that was 1 player away from a deep play-off run like maybe a Titans, Bucs or Jags team could pull off to offer a guy the highest defensive contract in NFL history and give up the farm for ... anyone agree?
                          I gotta disagree with ya a little, I think it was quite a bit to give up, but they got an absolute beast and at 17 who were they gonna get? Maybe one of the top 5 Olinemen or Merling, this is a HUGE upgrade over who they would've gotten. Now they still have their 2nd, and I'll bet that will be the best Olineman on their board thats still available. Obviously everybody points to Minny needing a QB, but they like Jackson and seem to be sold on him. Allen will elevate their already very good D, so watch out for Minny. If AP stays healthy and Jackson can start to shrink his turnovers it's not out of the question for them to get 10 or 11 wins, w/ 2 of those beeing Detroit unfortunately.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You guys are gonna need a LT imo.
                            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

                            Sig by, Hitman D

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              I think getting #17 will allow the Chiefs to draft Matt Ryan at #5 and then possibly go OL with the second pick. They have three Round 3 picks, so they might even wait for OL until later.. but I definitely think Matt Ryan will go #5 to the Chiefs.
                              Oh like EXACTLY how I drafted for them in the assault on everyone's moms?


                              Sweet Living

                              I remember 9/24/08

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information