Tampa Bay (Brooks, Dunn, Hilliard, June, Galloway):
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3933807

Indianapolis (Harrison):
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3931695

Carolina (Hackett, Goings, Bridges):
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3933703

Kansas City (Edwards, Surtain, Huard):
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3931702

Denver (Robertson, Bly, Winborn, Manuel, Jackson, Koutelvides, Engelberger)
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3914567

New York Jets (Coles)
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3934737

And I'm sure I missed a few others. Anyone you guys think would be a good fit for Lions. I don't see any major hole-fillers here...mostly retreads and guys 1 year from retirement. Originally I liked Brooks, but then I remembered he definitely showed his age last year.
    Last edited by tblain1; 02-26-2009, 12:16 PM. Reason: adding Broncos, Jets

We need serious help at CB ... Dre Bly anyone? ;o) (kidding!)

Not sure with those cast offs if any would fit but I do know this means Pioli and the crew in Kansas City have to be eyeing a QB with that #3 spot (dumping Huard) ... wouldn't it be cool if it were Stafford and the Lions could swap? (Selling them up until the clock starts that they want him as well of course)

Comment

I wouldn't mind Darrell Jackson as a possible #2 receiver, we're going to need one

Comment

We're not resigning Bryant Johnson, he'd be a nice WR for you guys.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
          We need serious help at CB ... Dre Bly anyone? ;o) (kidding!)

Not sure with those cast offs if any would fit but I do know this means Pioli and the crew in Kansas City have to be eyeing a QB with that #3 spot (dumping Huard) ... wouldn't it be cool if it were Stafford and the Lions could swap? (Selling them up until the clock starts that they want him as well of course)
          the situation you propose would be nice, however I believe that the Lions will have who they want signed before the draft, they would be foolish not to.

Comment

After seeing all the cuts Tampa Bay made today, I bet Marinelli is on suicide watch. They would be the answer. If we could just have those guys on the team, we would be in the Playoffs.

Comment

The Jets let go ofLaveranues Coles, who could provide a decent #2 receiver for you guys after all of the Lions releases. Good luck getting him to accept a reasonable salary though.
              Last edited by Crickett; 02-26-2009, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                After seeing all the cuts Tampa Bay made today, I bet Marinelli is on suicide watch. They would be the answer. If we could just have those guys on the team, we would be in the Playoffs.
                Either that or he is humping Jerry Angelo's leg right now requested Derrick Brooks.

Brooks - Urlacher - Briggs. That would have been scary 3 years ago.

I did think about that IMMEDIATELY when I saw these tampa guys get cut... poor Rod. He could have gotten the whole gang back together for a NFC North reunion. Just a year too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                  The Jets let go ofLaveranues Coles, who could provide a decent #2 receiver for you guys after all of the Lions releases. Good luck getting him to accept a reasonable salary though.
                  I really want him, but no way he is the type of WR that is going to come to this team.

Comment

You guys see Grossman wants to go to Detroit? Here's our chance for a big time franchise QB lol

Comment

Originally posted by ESPforMe View Post
                      You guys see Grossman wants to go to Detroit? Here's our chance for a big time franchise QB lol
                      If that happens I will not watch football until Grossman is off the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                        If that happens I will not watch football until Grossman is off the team.
                        The sad thing is though that Grossman is probably better then Culpepper.

Comment

Originally posted by ESPforMe View Post
                          Wow....
                          Well he would be a QB who has a great arm and makes questionable decisions.

I'm really struggling with this one: If it comes down to it, Culpepper or Grossman. Which is the lesser of two evils?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                            Ha! Read my mind... its a tough choice. Without being able to run, Culpepper really only has his size as an advantage over Grossman. Both throw into coverage, and both fumble like a 2008 U of M QB. I think I might go Culpepper though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              If they go with Culpepper and Grossman and ignore QB then I will be very upset.

If its Culpepper or Grossman, depends on the price but Culpepper does know Linehans offense. Grossman would be for mutliple years though. Probably 2-3. Actually, multipe years is actually a bad thing for both these QBs to be on your roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information