Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grady Jackson to sign with Detroit (pending physical)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he brings the size option for schwartz/cunningham to utilize. i don't think we even had anybody over 300lbs left on our roster. this atleast gets us a chance to stop the run in crunch time. we can figure out the filler time as the situation depends. his teammates love him too.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I wouldn't mind Cushing at 20.

Comment

Good for them. NT is such an important position for any defense. What type of D does Detroit plan on running next year?
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

more of a traditional 4-3 with hints at disguised coverage at the line. no more tampa 2.
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
            Good for them. NT is such an important position for any defense. What type of D does Detroit plan on running next year?
            Compared to last year, the Lions are running an actual defense in 2009.

I would describe last years D as the train scene with Winston in Ghostbusters II. Lions Defense was Winston and the train was our opponents offenses. And Rod had that same look as Winston all year when the train went through him.
            Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2; 03-03-2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
              Compared to last year, the Lions are running an actual defense in 2008.

I would describe last years D as the train scene with Winston in Ghostbusters II. Lions Defense was Winston and the train was our opponents offenses.
              yeah the lions last year could not stop the run. that was probably their most glaring weakness. our lack of run stop came to a crescendo on thanksgiving when run happy Tennessee. Two of their rbs had 100 yard games and in total we gave up 292 yards on the ground. I'm hoping gravy brings his appetite for eating running backs.

Comment

lol he just wanted a chance to eat john madden's turkey even if it meant playing for the lions the other 15 games.
                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
                  yeah the lions last year could not stop the run. that was probably their most glaring weakness. our lack of run stop came to a crescendo on thanksgiving when run happy Tennessee. Two of their rbs had 100 yard games and in total we gave up 292 yards on the ground. I'm hoping gravy brings his appetite for eating running backs.
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...=2008&season=2

Yep dead last in run D and it wasn't even close.

The pass D was terrible too and if our run D wasn't so bad, I think our pass D would have been dead last as well. It's just that teams decided to run on us more. We played a lot of good runnig teams too. Ten, Jax,Minni twice, Carolina, Atlanta etc. Grady's a stop gap both figuratively and actually a stop gap. I think we still should take Brace though because Grady obviously can't play every down or if not bring in Fluellen on 3rd downs. DTs take one year to develop before they are really ready so getting Grady was a good signing. And maybe Fluellen can suprise some people as a 3rd down guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...=2008&season=2

Yep dead last in run D and it wasn't even close.

The pass D was terrible too and if our run D wasn't so bad, I think our pass D would have been dead last as well. It's just that teams decided to run on us more. We played a lot of good runnig teams too. Ten, Jax,Minni twice, Carolina, Atlanta etc. Grady's a stop gap both figuratively and actually a stop gap. I think we still should take Brace though because Grady obviously can't play every down or if not bring in Fluellen on 3rd downs. DTs take one year to develop before they are really ready so getting Grady was a good signing. And maybe Fluellen can suprise some people as a 3rd down guy.
                    Agreed. Grady is a good signing but we gotta draft another dT and get some long term talent on that line.

Comment

i can't get those numbers in madden. 5.1 ypc, 2754 yards, and 31 touchdowns!
                      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                        lol he just wanted a chance to eat john madden's turkey even if it meant playing for the lions the other 15 games.
                        lol...you mean turducken
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Nice signing. We can afford to play him just on run downs. Fluellen is a decent pass rusher from the DT spot, so he can play on 3rd downs.

But this shouldn't preclude us from drafting another big DT. It just gives us the flexibility to not have to force the selection of a DT. We can get one when the value is at its best.

Maybe we can cut Chuck "I never once saw him on the field" Darby.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I completely forgot about Chuck Darby.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              I completely forgot about Chuck Darby.
                              You should probably forget about him again.:)

Comment

Another signing that is just window dressing for no improvement. The guys 35 and way past his productive years. Just looking for 1 last payday before hanging up the cleats.
                                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information