Cutler requests trade!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler requests trade!

So I know there are already a couple of threads that have mentioned the possibility of trading for Cutler, but until now he was supposedly off the market so here is big news and I'm too psyched to put the link in another thread.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

I hope Mayhew can get this done, and hopefully relatively quickly.

wow i didnt think it would happen. He is either coming to Detroit or Tampa. I have a feeling we're going to have to "give up the house" to take him though. Both our first round picks are in jeopardy of being lost to get him.

Comment

Cutler for #1 a 3rd and a future 1st might get it done.

Honestly I think that would be a great move...address OT still and land a QB who is worthy of giving up the #1 selection. It would be a great move for the organization if that was all it took imo.

Comment

I'm a huge proponent of taking Stafford #1 overall, but if we can get a young and proven franchise quarterback instead I'm all for it. That said, I don't want to give up two 1st Round picks.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
          I'm a huge proponent of taking Stafford #1 overall, but if we can get a young and proven franchise quarterback instead I'm all for it. That said, I don't want to give up two 1st Round picks.
          I agree that it would be a lot to give up, but it's about the same deal that the Giants gave up for Eli. I would also ask Denver to throw in Dumervil if we gave up that much, or maybe Williams if either are available due to the defensive scheme change.

Comment

If Cutler and Stafford are the same player (i actually like Stafford better longterm) then you have to ask yourself do you want Stafford in 3 years leading the team to the promise land at 24 or do you want Cutler doing the same at 28.

Comment

Both firsts for Cutler and Dummervil...I would have no problem with that at this point

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
              Originally posted by Job
              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Why would you think he'd be going to Detroit? or is this just wishful thinking?
                Coach said yesterday that he wasn't interested in trading Cutler for draft picks-in other words a trade would have to involve one or more skilled players-that might rule out Detroit. (couldn't resist)

Originally posted by borg9
                Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
                  Why would you think he'd be going to Detroit? or is this just wishful thinking?
                  Coach said yesterday that he wasn't interested in trading Cutler for draft picks-in other words a trade would have to involve one or more skilled players-that might rule out Detroit. (couldn't resist)
                  we'll see what happens... ;)

Comment

coach obviously doesn't always get what he wants though.(cassell)
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Martin Mathew would be a hero if he could get this done.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
                        wow i didnt think it would happen. He is either coming to Detroit or Tampa. I have a feeling we're going to have to "give up the house" to take him though. Both our first round picks are in jeopardy of being lost to get him.
                        You should probably include the 49ers in the discussion as well, especially because they have a better pick than the bucs
                        CRANK THAT CRABTREE!!

Comment

Well if the Broncos are serious about not trading him for only picks, then count us out.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            Well if the Broncos are serious about not trading him for only picks, then count us out.
                            They say this, but who out there could they be even looking for? I'm not sure who on the block would make sense for them. Peppers for Cutler? Boldin? What players do Minny, NY Jets, Tampa, Chicago have to tried them though?

Comment

I think it's very likely that the trade for Cutler will be a three-way.
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information