No announcement yet.

Larry Foote signed to a 1-year deal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he also brings a winning attitude into a locker room full of guys who havent won in a while. I think he will be a great mentor to our younger guys on defense. If he can carry over the attitude it seems like the pitt defense has in terms of hard work and discipline it will be very good for us.

Also it gives us a very good LB core lets just hope our Dline keeps the oline off of them

Comment

Originally posted by lionsfan81 View Post
      Wearing #55, taking it from Zach Follett
      Who wears #50 for the Lions?? Strange after playing with Joey Porter he would take his number??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I wanted to see NE go after Foote, as did a most of the Pats fans on the board. He is exactly the type of ILB we need beside Mayo.

Timmons is a sick defender and made Larry expendable, but it should in no way be considered a reflection of Foote's abilities.

Dare I say the Lions look to be making huge strides towards a major turn around season? I'll continue to hold out hope for Lions fans. The only franchise I don't mind wallowing in the waters of shame is the Raiders, and even there it's only b/c of Al Davis. Though I guess I'd be ok with the Jets being a joke every year, too. ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
            Who wears #50 for the Lions?? Strange after playing with Joey Porter he would take his number??
            Aw...come on man.

That was a low blow.

His 2008 campaign was terrible but #50 is Ernie Sims.

Comment

On the team website it says he will be 55.

This is a great signing, finally someone who didn't use to play for the Tampa Bay Bucs..

Comment

Sorry but I'm not overly exciterd to pick up a castoff from the Steelers. They don't release solid football players for nothing. They obviously feel it won't be that difficult to replace him.
                Foote is an average football player who maybe can provide a little leadership on a young defense but nobody will ever mistake him for an impact player.
                If improving from below average to average is a real upgrade so be it but it is hardly exciting. The 1 year contract obviously indicates the Lions aren't sure how well he will fit in their defensive scheme and it is quite possible he doesn't make it out of training camp if he cannot adjust to a 4-3 defense from a 3-4 defense.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Yeah...I wonder how well he can translate from 3-4 to 4-3. Also Jim's defense doesn't depend on the MLb that heavily, more on the 4 man rush and the Olbs.

Comment

I'm not terribly excited over it, but I think it's a good move. He's better than anyone we could've put on the field this year at the MLB spot.

Comment

Wow I'm thrilled with Mayhew so far, but maybe it's because I'm just used to the Millen era.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Even if he fails, it's still a low-risk contract so I love the signing just for that.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Yea, thats for sure why they got rid of him. And cap space. Foote held Timmons off (mainly) last year due to Timmons not completely knowing the playbook.

Timmons is the most explosive player on our team. He can cover the slot and RB. He sometimes plays the safety spot at 240 lbs. He is the future. He still needs to improve a good bit to be on Foote's level of run defense but obviously they see it as the rest of his upside is better than Foote. And I would agree. Remember, I said he was my favorite, not the best. haha

Foote is still ultra solid and you are getting a really really good player.
                          The baby god LaMarr Woodley will crush your soul for this.

Originally posted by Jakey
                          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Well, he's only going to be 29 this year, so at least he's probably still got something in the tank. Over the last 5 seasons as a starter he's averaged 81 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 PD's, 1 FF, and 1 FR. If he can put up anything like that this season, I'll honestly be very happy with the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                              The baby god LaMarr Woodley will crush your soul for this.
                              He isn't better than Woodley, just more explosive.

Although sorry to say, he does have potential to be the best LBer on the Steelers.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

He isn't better than Woodley, just more explosive.

Although sorry to say, he does have potential to be the best LBer on the Steelers.
                                Woodley is on his way to your house. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information