No announcement yet.

Still want Jason Smith or Aaron Curry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still want Jason Smith or Aaron Curry?

Too bad the Lions passed on Curry or Smith. You guys coulda watched Curry make a lot of tackles or Smith play right tackle...

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    Too bad the Lions passed on Curry or Smith. You guys coulda watched Curry make a lot of tackles or Smith play right tackle...
    Yeah, look at how awesome St. Louis and Seattle are with them! Dammit!

Comment

From what I've seen and heard from Seahawks fans, Aaron Curry has just been about average and he's not been an impact player.

Comment

No way on either. Stafford developing is what we need. We have our QB for the future.

LB is set if we resign Foote. Levy emerging would be nice for Sims trade bait though I don't think he has much value and Peterson is solid but needs to blitz more.

RT is set with Gosder and who knows with Jason Smith at LT. Didn't Smith get hurt? Of course he could be healthy if he was in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
          From what I've seen and heard from Seahawks fans, Aaron Curry has just been about average and he's not been an impact player.
          Bigger question would probably have been Stafford or Sanchez after the Jets hot start (You know who i like).

I don't think people in Seattle are displeased with Curry at all. It takes some time and he hasnt looked out of place. Was sort of the veteran of the linebacking corps yesterday and was putting some pretty good pressure on Cutler on a couple of occasions. In hindsight the pick might have been Sanchez but Curry looks good to me.

Comment

I think it's still too early for the Stafford / Sanchez debate. There is no doubt in my mind the Jets would still be 3-0 if the quarterbacks switched places.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              I think it's still too early for the Stafford / Sanchez debate. There is no doubt in my mind the Jets would still be 3-0 if the quarterbacks switched places.
              If you play that game, its too early for ANY of these debates (Curry/Smith v. Stafford, Sanchez v. Stafford). But since this is a forum you can debate Obama v. Stafford if you want.

Sanchez was put in a better situation and a better team no doubt so right now thats apples and oranges.

Honestly... we are 1-2 and we beat a team that had a tough time with the Rams. Stafford had one good game where he didn't make a bunch of rookie mistakes and to go further, he did a number of things VERY well (99 yd drive, key throws to keep drives alive). I'm happy with that and optimistic but seriously... turn around the offense, put more points on the board, and get us a few more wins and do so against real teams (starting with Chicago who is debatably a real team). Thats what "franchise" QBs do. So far he has met minimal requirements for being a starting NFL QB.

I'm not saying thats not a bad thing. Thats actually good that in one game he has shown he can be a worthy starter; not all rookies do that (coughJAMARCUS RUSSELLcough). I just want to temper my enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                Well I wanted BJ Raji and he is looking studly but I am coming around to Stafford. I think that Sanchez is getting way WAY too much credit for the Jet's victories. I really miss Big Baby.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Just remember, Stafford won't even be 22 until about the time the Super Bowl gets played. The Lions took him knowing he was not going to have a Matt Ryan like rookie year. Count me among the surprised that Sanchez has looked Matt Ryan like so far.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                    Well I wanted BJ Raji and he is looking studly but I am coming around to Stafford. I think that Sanchez is getting way WAY too much credit for the Jet's victories. I really miss Big Baby.
                    Standing on the sidelines?

Comment

Well I wanted BJ Raji and he is looking studly but I am coming around to Stafford. I think that Sanchez is getting way WAY too much credit for the Jet's victories.
                      If Sanchez is getting too much credit, it would be at the expense of the defense. Offensively....... yeah, Sanchez deserves the credit. He's lighting it up through the air and making his receivers look better than they are IMO.

I really miss Big Baby.
                      My only regret with the Kris Jenkins trade is that Jets didn't get Shaun Rogers or Marcus Stroud in addition to Jenkins. That would just be unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        Damn right! (Note to self: Sarcasm doesn't work on the internets)
                        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

You guys should have taken Michael Crabtree (purely to help my team).
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

sanchez has looked amazing. i think drafting any of the two qbs would have been counted as a victory for us.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              Yeah no kidding ... the big 3 DT (Raji, Jerry, Hood) from the draft are all on the sidelines watching. Granted, all landed with solid teams in Green Bay, Atlanta, Pittsburgh. Jerry would have continued starting if he did not have a season ending injury last week (sucks) but Hood & Raji are in student mode.

I still am not 100% sold on Detroit's #20 pick as a TE ... Oher was who I wanted and Peter King said this morning in MMQB that he would may give early season consideration to Oher as rookie of the year?!?! Wow. Granted we would ask him to play LT and he is a RT in Baltimore but Pettigrew has been rather average so far. Certainly not a Witten or a Clark or a Gonzalez. Yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information