Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI - Lions 2010 Picks Per Round (Oct 09)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My in season selection (ie favorite) is Suh over McCoy ... I just feel he will be gone before we draft. With the lousy play of St. Louis & Tampa Bay, KC & Cleveland, Tennessee & Oakland ... I feel we may not pick until 6-8?

Why couldn't this be the year for the 0-16 run, we may have had some competition!

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
      1) DT Suh Neb. He is a true playmaker at DT. led his team in tackles? insane!

2) Brandon Graham DE Mich. I love him. will play well both ways.
      Exactly what I want the first two rounds to be. Of course the team would still have needs at LT, both guard spots, all but one position in the secondary, and number 2 receiver but ah well.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

there will be mass suicide if berry/mccoy/suh/and okung are all gone by the time we pick.
        That would totally suck. Taylor Mays? Greg Hardy?
        Gotta have a QB or 2 in the mix of the top 5, right?

In fact, I just saw a respectable mock with Detroit drafting #8 and still landing Eric Berry!

It looked something like this ...
        Rams - Clausen
        Browns - Suh
        Bucs - McCoy
        Chiefs - Okung
        Titans - Locker
        Raiders - Mays
        Redskins - Bradford
        Detroit - Berry

FULL OF AWESOME ;o)
        Last edited by SINCE1978; 10-31-2009, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Didn't we give up an undisclosed pick for Ko Simpson?
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

yes, probably the kevin o'connell one.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

we shouldn't have a problem grabbing out favorite draft prospects now
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

we shouldn't have a problem grabbing out favorite draft prospects now
                We'll grab a few wins if Calvin gets back, if Calvin doesn't play we are in the hunt for #1. SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                  We'll grab a few wins if Calvin gets back, if Calvin doesn't play we are in the hunt for #1. SUH SUH SUH SUH SUH!
                  I only see one win in the remaining games.

9 Sun, Nov 8 @ Seattle
                  10 Sun, Nov 15 @ Minnesota
                  11 Sun, Nov 22 Cleveland
                  12 Thu, Nov 26 Green Bay
                  13 Sun, Dec 6 @ Cincinnati
                  14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Baltimore
                  15 Sun, Dec 20 Arizona
                  16 Sun, Dec 27 @ San Francisco
                  17 Sun, Jan 3 Chicago

Even if we get Calvin back, we would be playing away against Seattle next week. Tough stadium and they have Hasselback QBing for them. He spread it out to 9 recievers in the loss to an improving Dallas team.I'm not marking that as a win even with a healthy team.

Cleveland is the only one we should win.

We are realistically looking at a 2 win team this year. Yay! Improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
                    I only see one win in the remaining games.

9 Sun, Nov 8 @ Seattle
                    10 Sun, Nov 15 @ Minnesota
                    11 Sun, Nov 22 Cleveland
                    12 Thu, Nov 26 Green Bay
                    13 Sun, Dec 6 @ Cincinnati
                    14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Baltimore
                    15 Sun, Dec 20 Arizona
                    16 Sun, Dec 27 @ San Francisco
                    17 Sun, Jan 3 Chicago

Even if we get Calvin back, we would be playing away against Seattle next week. Tough stadium and they have Hasselback QBing for them. He spread it out to 9 recievers in the loss to an improving Dallas team.I'm not marking that as a win even with a healthy team.

Cleveland is the only one we Could win.

We are realistically looking at a 2 win team this year. Yay! Improvement!
                    There I changed it for you.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

I'll be very happy if we draft #1 overall again. That is how you get the impact talent to become a champion down the road.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        I'll be very happy if we draft #1 overall again. That is how you get the impact talent to become a champion down the road.
                        Honestly, I think that mindset is disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                          Sarcastic ... right?
                          This team is spending themselves broke! How many top 10 overall contracts are on this team, or are the Lions paying for? C Johnson, Stafford, Backus, Sims (Harrington, Williams, Williams, Rogers could still possibly be on the books as well!!)

There is a reason teams like New England are constantly trying to trade out of their first round pick. Scout 2nd, 3rd 4th round gems while avoiding the mega contract to an unproven commodity.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                            Sarcastic ... right?
                            This team is spending themselves broke! How many top 10 overall contracts are on this team, or are the Lions paying for? C Johnson, Stafford, Backus, Sims (Harrington, Williams, Williams, Rogers could still possibly be on the books as well!!)

There is a reason teams like New England are constantly trying to trade out of their first round pick. Scout 2nd, 3rd 4th round gems while avoiding the mega contract to an unproven commodity.
                            Yeah, having to give unproven players 40 million guaranteed is how teams fail. You are giving Suh an Albert Haynesworth contract basically. What a joke!

Comment

i would prefer 3rd-10th. any of the 5 or so top non QB prospects would help this team dramatically. give me suh, mccoy, berry, or okung. if we trade down then mays, patrick robinson, and/or cody. now that i'm dreaming... patrick robinson, terrance cody, and brandon graham would be a nice trade down package.

actually an all rookie team plus stafford, calvin, julian, foote, and delmas would be an improvement.
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I think this could be a good year for teams to trade up to #1. Especially with the Redskins hovering around Top 5 area. Dan Snyder isn't afraid to spend money, or draft picks. I can see him becoming enamored with a QB, like Clausen, and just breaking the bank for him. I don't know, maybe the trade could be #1/our pick for 2010 Round 1 (#5-7?), Round 2 and 2011 Round 1. Trade ups have been pretty cheap the past couple of years though so who knows.. just throwing it out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information