Lions - Seahawks Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
    He did decent last season for being on a 0-16 team, but I agree he isn't performing well. Look on the bright side, at least we only used a 5th round pick to draft him.
    Um ... actually it was a 3rd round pick for Smith and Detroit gave up a 6th to trade up to the first overall in the 3rd to get him.

I worry. I worry about these lurking "needs" on O that have popped up this year, but feel the needs on D are MUCH greater. I do not think we can afford to take a RB or #2 WR or LT (maybe) in the top 3 rounds as much as I would like it. Our greater needs are at DE,DT,CB & S ... moving up on the list are a RB & #2 WR. Teams are simply not allowing us to throw to CJ and Smith/Morris is a pedestrian 1-2 punch at RB.

Comment

I thought it was a 5th for some reason, I guess it was with a third though. Hopefully we can address those key defensive positions in the draft this year and then get a real good running back in the 2011 draft. We'll probably have a pretty good pick in 2011 also, so we could pick up someone like Mark Ingram. But that is if he declares after his junior year and we have a top five pick.
      "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
        I thought it was a 5th for some reason, I guess it was with a third though. Hopefully we can address those key defensive positions in the draft this year and then get a real good running back in the 2011 draft. We'll probably have a pretty good pick in 2011 also, so we could pick up someone like Mark Ingram. But that is if he declares after his junior year and we have a top five pick.
        My thoughts right now too. Improve the D in 10's draft, get younger & continue to collect talent. Deal with Smith/Brown in backfield 1 more year and get the RB in 2011.

Let's start the Mark Ingram campaign in 2011 ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
          My thoughts right now too. Improve the D in 10's draft, get younger & continue to collect talent. Deal with Smith/Brown in backfield 1 more year and get the RB in 2011.

Let's start the Mark Ingram campaign in 2011 ;o)
          The thing I like most about Mark Ingram is how he is able to keep going after he gets hit, which would be valuable to us since are offensive line isn't that good. In the game against South Carolina he had 246 rushing yards, out of that 246 yards he had 118 yards after contact. That is pretty incredible if you ask me.

Mark Ingram in 2011!
          "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Crack stats on Ingram rook, very nice!

I will say, he has been blessed with one of the best O-lines in the country the past 2 years.

Comment

Did Stafford play as bad as it looks in the box score?

Comment

Well its pretty insane to be up 17 at one point and your rookie QB still to have 42 attempts. I really think the lack of running game is hurting this team a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                  Well its pretty insane to be up 17 at one point and your rookie QB still to have 42 attempts. I really think the lack of running game is hurting this team a lot.
                  I agree, we won't know how truly good Stafford is until we get a good running back and another good receiver. Because Kevin Smith isn't getting it done this year and teams like to shift their secondary focus on shutting down Calvin Johnson. Bryant Johnson is ok, but we need another weapon out their also.

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

The Lions run game is awful. They don't get the yards on 1st and 2nd down to put Stafford in a good position on 3rd down.

the only real talent on this team is rookies and 2nd year players. They are going to look awful. Can you even imagine how different a Lions practice is from just about any respectable team in the NFL. The young players need experience and the team needs talent. I just want to see improvement in the last 4 games.

Comment

The running game might not be great but yesterday they averaged 5.4 ypc and Seattle isnt good against the run. The pass to run ratio should be opposite what it is with a rookie QB.

Comment

Yes kind of a weird game offensivley why the ratio was like that.
                        First drive had a good mix but we were stopped on 3rd and 1, missed FG
                        TD drive just one pass to Pettigrew
                        2nd TD drive, False Start, run, Incomplete, TD pass
                        FG drive only ran twice to 4 pass plays, Raiola penalty messed that up
                        Up 17-7, passed 4 times, ran once, coaching mistake there, Staffs 1st pick on 3rd and 9, led to Seattle FG
                        17-10 2 First down runs, then incomplete then pick on 2nd and 10, should have stuck with run again up 17-10, led to another Seattle FG
                        3rd Quarter, 3 and out with 2 passes up 17-13
                        Up 17-16, passing FD, but then sack on First down, Run then Incomplete on 3rd and 18
                        Next drive: Pass for FD, failed reverse by Brown, Inc, then Int on 3rd and 16
                        FG drive set up by nice Kevin Smith run, then 1 complete, 1 run and Inc on 3rd and 3
                        Next drive: Run for 6 yards, pass for FD, run for 1, Incomplete ,then Int on 3rd and 9
                        Final drive all passing down 25-20 but Staff int on 3rd and 10

Four of Stafford picks on 3rd and long, mainly due to an incomplete on 1st down. 2nd int was on 2nd 10 after an incomplete. We were running well. Kudos to the D somewhat for giving us a chance at least, holding Stafford picks in first half to FGs and 4th int, we were able to get the ball back for one more chance. Then of course Stafford threw another pick.

Comment

This game made me sickkkk. It was actually my birthday :(

But does anyone think that Schwartz should have put in Culpepper? Stafford has to have accountability for how he plays. I think Schwartz missed a learning opportunity here. Maybe he was proving a point by throwing him back out there? I know my coach did that one time to a hockey teammate of mine, he was playing a poor game so the coach made him stay on the ice for the last seven minutes of the game.
                          Last edited by Scotty D; 11-12-2009, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post

But does anyone think that Schwartz should have put in Culpepper? Stafford has to have accountability for how he plays. I think Schwartz missed a learning opportunity here. Maybe he was proving a point by throwing him back out there? I know my coach did that one time to a hockey teammate of mine, he was playing a poor game so the coach made him stay on the ice for the last seven minutes of the game.
                            If you want to think positive about it, that's probably the worst game Stafford will ever have.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              If you want to think positive about it, that's probably the worst game Stafford will ever have.
                              This thread started with a jinx. Don't end it with one!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post

He should be accountable but we were still in a position to win the game. We want Ws and it would be super tough for Daunte to come in cold and lead a game winning drive from our own 6 or wherever we started. Right call to keep in Stafford since he is our best QB. That last int was sickening, no clue who he was throwing to, Bryant was running a completely different route on a go and the pass was very inaccurate if it was supposed to be an out route.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information