Post your Lion's mocks here!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
    Cody can be a 3 down lineman IMO. He gets as good a push up the middle as anyone and would significantly help the pass rush by collapsing the pocket from the middle. Yes he will have to get better conditioned, not a big deal. Did he tell you he refuses to get into better shape or something? I don't want McCoy, I just get this feeling he's gonna be a bust. Odds are one of them (Suh or McCoy) will fail in the NFL. Remember Jonathan Sullivan? Dewayne Robertson? William Joseph?
    Oh since you feel McCoy will be a bust I'm on board for a 2 down defensive linemen. Cody has just a big chance of being a bust as Suh or McCoy. So your argument is based off your personal opinion and thats all.

BTW I don't even think Cody played three downs at Alabama. Also our defense is terrible they give up long drives so you will be taking a guy that will not have much impact until the defense is better anyways because of his size/poor conditioning and him having to come off the field.

He may not be a bad player in the NFL but given our current state I don't see him really having that much value to us in comparison to other prospects. 2 or 3 years down the road, yah maybe, but now, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
      I'd say there are more than 32 players that should get a first round grade this year.
      In any normal draft year, there are likely 35 potential prospects for round 1. Only in very poor draft years do we find limited prospects .However from 25 on. it is more likely that they are solid 2nd rounders where somebody has to fill the void. There are almosat zero drafts that contain 32 actual 1st round talents. I don't think I've ever seen a draft where there wasn't significant drop off after pick 12 -14 and in some drafts it can be as low as 8.
      I agree that this draft looks on paper to be pretty solid but many are kidding themselves if they think round 2 guys are real round 1 talents. There is just a tier from #25-35 where the 2nd round talent is significantly better than the rest of those who follow in round 2.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
        Oh since you feel McCoy will be a bust I'm on board for a 2 down defensive linemen. Cody has just a big chance of being a bust as Suh or McCoy. So your argument is based off your personal opinion and thats all.

BTW I don't even think Cody played three downs at Alabama. Also our defense is terrible they give up long drives so you will be taking a guy that will not have much impact until the defense is better anyways because of his size/poor conditioning and him having to come off the field.

He may not be a bad player in the NFL but given our current state I don't see him really having that much value to us in comparison to other prospects. 2 or 3 years down the road, yah maybe, but now, no.

Cody played 3 downs at Alabama, he also played some fullback....If you watched the NC game you would have seen him doing so. That said, I'm not completely sold on the guy either. He's just a potential option at this point. We'll see how he grades out at the combine and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          No safeties until the fourth!
          Which 4th rd safety prospects do you like Scotty D?
          For instance, Johnson from Utah or McCarthy from Notre Dame? For some reason I think Kam Chancellor Va Tech will be slip (maybe run a slow 40) & drop to us in rd 4. I like his skills & size. your thoughts specifically?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcdJMpgyEWk

Go watch some of his highlights, this guy gets around pretty good for being 380lbs. Imagine what he could do if we get him down to 340-350.....I agree, he could end up being a bust, but we wouldn't be spending a top 5 pick on him (DT has one of the highest bust rates). There is some risk but very high reward if he pans out.

Let me clarify, I won't be upset if McCoy is picked (I obviously prefer Suh or Berry). If Schwartz and Mayhew feel he is the guy, then I trust their decision.
          We already have a 350 lb NT plug that is a decent athlete in Sammie Hill. Put a play maker like Suh next to him & a rising tide raises all ships. Both players elevate their production. Get a DE like Selvie in rd 3 and we are making match up problems for offensive lines with Avril, Suh, Hill, Selvie across our trenches. Plus look for Levy to make a jump in year 2 & either draft a FS or CB rookie starter to compliment Delmas and we are on our way. There are a few other monster NT's like Cam Thomas UNC & Kade Weston UGA that had productive careers & made Marvin Austin & Geno Atkins stars. Look for them in rd 5 if you insist on anther NT with Hill. I just think Cody gets the phat contract & then realizes how many Coney Island's are in Detroit & proceeds to balloon up over 4bills easy. ;o) Just say'n ...
          Last edited by SINCE1978; 01-14-2010, 11:46 PM.

Comment

1. Joe Haden CB
            2. Kyle Wilson CB
            3. CJ Williams DE
            4. Mike Johnson OG
            5. Riley Cooper WR
            6. Myron Rolle SS
            7. Michael Smith RB
            Last edited by StorminNorman; 01-14-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Last year it was somewhat talked about that we could go potentially all offense, or all defense, or the more realistically offense/defense split; so in an attempt to waste some time I came up with my opinion of how each scenario could play itself out.

I. All Offense:
              1) Russell Okung, LT, OK St
              2) Jonathan Dwyer, RB, GT
              3) Jon Asamoah, OG, Illinois
              4) Blair White, WR, MSU
              5) Nathan Overbay, TE, Eastern Washington
              5) Kenny Alfred, C, Wash. St.
              6) Kelton Tindal, WR, Newberry

II. All Defense:
              1) Suh/McCoy, DT
              2) Greg Hardy/Brandon Graham, DE
              3) Kyle Wilson/Amari Spievey, CB
              4) Kam Chancellor/Major Wright, FS
              5) Pat Angerer/Josh Hull, MLB
              5) Sherrick McManis/Walter Thurmond, CB
              6) Cam Thomas/Jay Ross, DT

III. Mix:
              1) Suh/McCoy, DT
              3) Jon Asamoah, OG, Ill.
              4) Myron Lewis, CB, Vandy
              5) Blair White, WR, MSU
              5) Kurt Coleman, S, OSU
              6) Joique Bell, RB, Wayne St.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                For instance, Johnson from Utah or McCarthy from Notre Dame? For some reason I think Kam Chancellor Va Tech will be slip (maybe run a slow 40) & drop to us in rd 4. I like his skills & size. your thoughts specifically?

We already have a 350 lb NT plug that is a decent athlete in Sammie Hill. Put a play maker like Suh next to him & a rising tide raises all ships. Both players elevate their production. Get a DE like Selvie in rd 3 and we are making match up problems for offensive lines with Avril, Suh, Hill, Selvie across our trenches. Plus look for Levy to make a jump in year 2 & either draft a FS or CB rookie starter to compliment Delmas and we are on our way. There are a few other monster NT's like Cam Thomas UNC & Kade Weston UGA that had productive careers & made Marvin Austin & Geno Atkins stars. Look for them in rd 5 if you insist on anther NT with Hill. I just think Cody gets the phat contract & then realizes how many Coney Island's are in Detroit & proceeds to balloon up over 4bills easy. ;o) Just say'n ...
                Having two monsters in the middle works for the Vikings. The push they give makes it so easy for Jared Allen and Ray Edwards. Sammie Hill is more like 330, not 350. I have no problem with drafting a Cam Thomas or Kade Weston. We obviously just disagree on draft strategy. You believe in building the trenches first and foremost... I believe in taking skill above all else. I believe you can build the trenches in the middle rounds.

Look at the Colts, they haven't selected a OL or DT in round 1 in over 10 years, yet they have one of the best O-lines and best D-lines in the NFL......

Comment

Look at the Colts, they haven't selected a OL or DT in round 1 in over 10 years, yet they have one of the best O-lines and best D-lines in the NFL......
                  Well, as far as the OL.. Peyton Manning makes them look really good. A good/great QB will make everyone on the offense look better than they maybe are. Coaching helps, too. Also.. Bill Polian.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                    Well, as far as the OL.. Peyton Manning makes them look really good. A good/great QB will make everyone on the offense look better than they maybe are. Coaching helps, too. Also.. Bill Polian.
                    No question having a 4-time MVP at QB helps, But if you watch the Colts, they do an excellent job of protecting him. Very rarely does Peyton get touched.

Comment

Originally posted by StorminNorman View Post
                      1. Joe Haden CB
                      2. Kyle Wilson CB
                      3. CJ Williams DE
                      4. Mike Johnson OG
                      5. Riley Cooper WR
                      6. Myron Rolle SS
                      7. Michael Smith RB
                      I would wig right out. Epic fail.
                      [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I really like all three of those guys. McCarthy is a pretty underrated playmaker. I was trying to think of the type of safety I want next to Delmas. A ballhawk?

II. All Defense:
                        1) Suh/McCoy, DT
                        3) Kyle Wilson/Amari Spievey, CB
                        4) Kam Chancellor/Major Wright, FS
                        5) Pat Angerer/Josh Hull, MLB
                        5) Sherrick McManis/Walter Thurmond, CB
                        6) Cam Thomas/Jay Ross, DT
                        I'd really like this draft. At the top of round 2 I think Everson Griffin might slip as well. Kyle Wilson is a stud and a great returner.
                        Last edited by Scotty D; 01-15-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Cody played 3 downs at Alabama, he also played some fullback....If you watched the NC game you would have seen him doing so.
                          Qualify that. He plays fullback in goal line situations to open a Jenna Jameson size gaping hole for the running back. Let's not make it out like he's a two-way player and will get drafted on his offensive merits as well as his defensive merits.
                          [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
                            Qualify that. He plays fullback in goal line situations to open a Jenna Jameson size gaping hole for the running back. Let's not make it out like he's a two-way player and will get drafted on his offensive merits as well as his defensive merits.
                            No he is trying to prove that he is more athletic than people think because he lined up at fullback ran three steps and ran into some undersized linebacker/defensive back.

Cotts you say we should get him down to 340-350 range and imagine what he could do. His size is his strength, he probably won't be the same player after losing 40 lbs. I just cannot justify the Lions of having the luxury of taking a player like Cody right now.
                            Last edited by DoWnThEfiElD; 01-15-2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StorminNorman View Post
                              1. Joe Haden CB
                              2. Kyle Wilson CB
                              3. CJ Williams DE
                              4. Mike Johnson OG
                              5. Riley Cooper WR
                              6. Myron Rolle SS
                              7. Michael Smith RB
                              Ugghh ... Haden @ #2 then follow that up with another undersized CB. I would hate that draft. Do you mean CJ Wilson in rd 3? I don't know of a CJ Williams ... Not splitting hairs, just curious. I like Haden's skills if we were to trade up the board & get more picks and he was there at like 10 I would be cool with that but not @ #2 overall Norman. You like making my blood boil don't you?! HA! ;o)

Having two monsters in the middle works for the Vikings. The push they give makes it so easy for Jared Allen and Ray Edwards. Sammie Hill is more like 330, not 350. I have no problem with drafting a Cam Thomas or Kade Weston. We obviously just disagree on draft strategy. You believe in building the trenches first and foremost... I believe in taking skill above all else. I believe you can build the trenches in the middle rounds.

Your strategy of drafting "skill" with high round picks has really been working good for Detroit the past decade. Shall I list the busts? Right now there are as many or more undrafted or late round picks @ RB & WR in this league as there are lineman. (For every Stafford a Romo .. for every Pettigrew a Gates .. for every K. Smith a R. Grant .. for every CJ a Donald Driver) I'm just say'n ...

Also, that is untrue about the Colts actually ... TE is a lineman so is DE. Clark (02) Freeney (03) both first round picks. Tony Ugoh was pick #42 (rd 2) in 07 which technically is not a 1st rounder, but a pretty high pick imo. In conclusion, ditto of what the others said about a 4x NFL MVP calling the shots back there, making the line look better than they are.

Comment

Tony Ugoh was pick #42 (rd 2) in 07 which technically is not a 1st rounder, but a pretty high pick imo.
                                The Colts actually traded their first round pick the following year for the opportunity to draft Ugoh.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information