Lions DC Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions DC Mock

So I am the Lions GM on their mock, and Im going to keep this as strictly as a true lions fan.
    First off, would you guys think about Calvin Johnson being traded? What would you guys accept for him?
    I know you don't like Sims, but I have faith and unless I get a good offer for him he stays. What would be a offer?
    Also, is McCoy set in stone at #2? Assuming Suh goes 1.
    How would you like if I try to trade with Pats for their 1st and some seconds?

If we up to me we would get as many starters out of at least the first 3 rounds we can. We just have needs at almost every position.

I know some people will want to trade up to get the the guy from Idaho, but my own personal opinion is either stay where we are, or trade down from our 2nd round pick and stock pile some extra picks.

As far as Calvin goes, it would be pointless to trade him in a forum mock, because any deal is going to require multiple 1st round picks from this year and next, so I say don't bother considering it wouldn't likely carry over to a mock next year let's say.

Just don't take Cody, Dunlap (unless he falls to the forth), or Patrick Robinson and I will be happy. I just personally don't like those players haha.

Some guys in the 2nd-3rd-4th range I like, Jahvid Best, Chad Jones, Corey Wooton, Jon Asamoah, Donovan Warren.

This is all just my 2 cents. If someone falls don't be afraid to pull the trigger either. All about accumulating talent.

Comment

Calvin stays put ... check the threads about trading CJ & the overwhelming response to that idea was NO! I would salivate over trading the #2 overall for some 2nds & a swap of 1st rounders with NE. That goes against their tendancies however, but in fantasy land GM world it may fly? ;o) Some guys I woud like assuming we have multiple 2nd rounders ... Mike Iupati,Arthur Jones, Brandon Graham, Kyle Wilson, Brandon Ghee, Greg Hardy, Jahvid Best,Sean Weatherspoon.

Oh, if no trade takes place & Suh goes #1 to the Rams McCoy is the pick.
      Thanks for asking, best of luck!
      Last edited by SINCE1978; 02-01-2010, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
        First off, would you guys think about Calvin Johnson being traded? What would you guys accept for him?
        The starting point to the deal would have to be two 1st round picks (one in 2010 and one in 2011). In addition to that maybe a 3rd round pick this year and a 2nd round pick next year. Something involving at least three or four picks in the first three rounds.

I know you don't like Sims, but I have faith and unless I get a good offer for him he stays. What would be a offer?
        If you can get a 4th round pick or better than I'd say trade him. If you can't get a 4th round pick than just keep him for depth.

Also, is McCoy set in stone at #2? Assuming Suh goes 1.
        Simply put, yes. The Lions need to come out of this draft with Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy. I wouldn't be pissed if they got Eric Berry, but defensive line is a far greater priority than safety right now.

How would you like if I try to trade with Pats for their 1st and some seconds?
        It depends. We have many, many holes so we need as many picks as possible.

Comment

Yeah trading down seems to be the popular choice. But no draftnic is really gonna do that for value.
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

1. Do not trade Megatron.
            2. McCoy is #2 behind Suh.
            3. IF you trade the #2 pick to NE, you best be getting fair value, meaning at LEAST their 1st and two 2nds.
            4. If everything stays as is, these would be my target 2nd's (and in this order): Iupati (doubt he's there), Graham (doubt he's there), Wilson (maybe), Cox (likely), Best (likely)

5. If McCluster is available in round 3, hit it.

6. Address guard at some point in the top 5 rounds as long as the value is there (Johnson in round 3, Asamoah, Jerry or maybe Beadles in 4 or 5?)

That is all
            Last edited by noondog; 02-01-2010, 03:07 PM.
            [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I know I'm in the minority on this but I happen to think Berry should seriously be considered at 2, especially if Suh goes 1. McCoy is an excellent prospect and I wouldn't be upset with him being the pick though. I also would not rule out a trade down from 2 or 34 if the right deal came along. Pats would have to give up there 1st and 2 2nds to move to move up to our pick at 2.

and Calvin isn't going anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
                1. Do not trade Megatron.
                2. McCoy is #2 behind Suh.
                3. IF you trade the #2 pick to NE, you best be getting fair value, meaning at LEAST their 1st and two 2nds.
                4. If everything stays as is, these would be my target 2nd's (and in this order): Iupati (doubt he's there), Graham (doubt he's there), Wilson (maybe), Cox (likely), Best (likely)

5. If McCluster is available in round 3, hit it.

6. Address guard at some point in the top 5 rounds as long as the value is there (Johnson in round 3, Asamoah, Jerry or maybe Beadles in 4 or 5?)

That is all
                McCoy/Wilson/McCluster/Asamoah would be off the hook.

Every-down DT (check)
                Corner with swagger that backs it up(check)
                Kick returner finally!! (check)
                "Eraser" for CJ with gamebreaking speed ;o) (check)
                10 yr LG to help old man Backus (check)

That is grabbing opportunites door knob with those 4 players!

Comment

I don't want to trade down from 2. I think there are three players who separated themselves from the other prospects and we need to get one of them.

McCoy is an amazing prospect, plus he graduated in 3 years and that speaks to his character and motivation. I would be absolutely ecstatic for him to be a Lion as I would with Suh or Berry.

Point of this being we are in great position at 2 to grab an elite talent, I have no motivation to trade off this spot.

Comment

Just stop....Calvin's not getting traded and we all know it. Keep it real and keep Calvin.
                    http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport...hwartz-514.jpg

"We got our Schwartz tangled"

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                      I don't want to trade down from 2. I think there are three players who separated themselves from the other prospects and we need to get one of them.

McCoy is an amazing prospect, plus he graduated in 3 years and that speaks to his character and motivation. I would be absolutely ecstatic for him to be a Lion as I would with Suh or Berry.

Point of this being we are in great position at 2 to grab an elite talent, I have no motivation to trade off this spot.
                      I respect your vantage point on not wanting to trade out of #2 ... however a team that could gain 2 additional top 60 picks (making it 4 overall) would be a fantastic opportunity to add quality starters everywhere since we are in such need. Quality over quantity I guess ...
                      It comes down to liking:

G. McCoy(2) & B. Graham (34)
                      vs.
                      B. Price (22), B. Graham (34), K. Wilson (47) & D. McCluster (53)

I would go for quantity of picks in what I would call a deep, front loaded draft.
                      Follow this equation ... McCluster + Wilson + Price > McCoy

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                        I respect your vantage point on not wanting to trade out of #2 ... however a team that could gain 2 additional top 60 picks (making it 4 overall) would be a fantastic opportunity to add quality starters everywhere since we are in such need. Quality over quantity I guess ...
                        It comes down to liking:

vs.

I would go for quantity of picks in what I would call a deep, front loaded draft.
                        Problem is, I'm the Pats GM and I don't want to trade up to #2.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                          It comes down to liking:

vs.

Yah, I still like the McCoy option.

I highly doubt Graham and Wilson both would fall that far anyway.

Comment

First Trade!!!
                            St. Lous gets: Lions 129th pick

Detroit recieves: 160th pick and...... MIKE KARNEY!!!

Reason: Not only is he a Pro Bowl caliber blocking FB, he will help solidify the running game. I don't think Jerome Felton is the type of FB we need. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              Problem is, I'm the Pats GM and I don't want to trade up to #2.
                              No worries, this is not reality anyway ... just having fun. no way NE does something like that in April. ;o)
                              Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                              Yah, I still like the McCoy option.

I highly doubt Graham and Wilson both would fall that far anyway.
                              Fill in player A,B,C,D then however you like downthefield. It's still 4 likely starters with that proposed trade vs. 2 if we stay put. The value there to me is too great to pass up. It's not happening, no way but fun to discuss none the less.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information