No announcement yet.

Lions to trade for Cromartie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas Jones anyone? I'd love to see him inked to a 3 year deal. Morris becomes even more expendable and we land Cromartie. Nice additions there.
    [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
      Thomas Jones anyone? I'd love to see him inked to a 3 year deal. Morris becomes even more expendable and we land Cromartie. Nice additions there.
      I'd love Thomas Jones on the Lions. Him or Chester Taylor would be very nice.

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ikely_lio.html

Because MLive says it it must be true (ha ...lol) But looks like the Lions are heading in "another direction" regarding Cromartie? Wonder if it was the 7 kids in 5 states with 5 women?? I also wonder what the other direction is ... Mayhew has something cooking I feel it boys ... Dunta Robinson maybe??

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          I'd love Thomas Jones on the Lions. Him or Chester Taylor would be very nice.
          I would accept Thomas Jones at RB for sure.

Comment

Yeah, since MLive reported that we aren't trading for him, we'll probably strike a deal tomorrow.

I was all for getting Cromartie if he came cheap (insert (insert children joke here) here) but I wouldn't give up much for the guy.

Comment

I really hope Morris is not the sticking point in this trade. He's a dime a dozen.

Comment

Character aside (although it matters imo) the Cromartie trade says 2 things to me ... 1) Detroit is sending a message to it's average DB vets by looking to upgrade (Buchanon, James, King I'm talking to you) & 2) Mayhew is stepping it up for the Lions just being in the conversation for a trade for a previous Pro Bowler. Regardless of his "diminished" skills since 10 INT's in 07, he would easily be the teams #1 CB day 1 if signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                  I really hope Morris is not the sticking point in this trade. He's a dime a dozen.
                  you're going to be pissed. the very article from espn insider read ''morris is the sticking point to the trade'' he's a free article linked that was linked to it.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...374/1126/rss14

But the Chargers' initial asking price for Cromartie may have included running back Maurice Morris, in addition to a fourth or fifth-round draft pick, a league source said.
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

We can get a better RB than Morris in the 4th round. Seriously.

EDIT: Although if the market is really that bad for him. Maybe we can get him for the 5th rounder alone. Or for nothing at all if he is cut.
                    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Tom Kowalski has spent the last few days on DFN just hammering Cromartie, and all from an on-the-field angle, not his personal problems.

According to Killer, Cromartie's coverage skills are severely overrated and his level of physical play is just shameful, he "turns down" tackles on a regular basis. He still has good ball skills and will get his picks, but that's the only strong point in his game according to Tom. That's the deal breaker for the Lions apparently. For a fifth rounder, you can take that risk, but for more than that the Lions will pass it seems.

Comment

let's draft a CB and go buy Antrell Rolle! I like that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                          I would enjoy this also.

Comment

It is a really deep draft for corners. We could get two out of the whole draft.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                              Heard he wants 8 million a year. Rolle is more of a FS. We already have Delams. So unless Delmas moves to SS or Rolle moves to corner where he struggled, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                                Heard he wants 8 million a year. Rolle is more of a FS. We already have Delams. So unless Delmas moves to SS or Rolle moves to corner where he struggled, no thanks.
                                I personally think Delmas is more suited to be a SS, so I like this idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information