Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lions sign WR McDonald! (So long, Curtis...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lions sign WR McDonald! (So long, Curtis...)

    http://spartannation.com/?p=2144
    EXCLUSIVE LIONS BREAKING NEWS: LIONS SIGN RAM WR SHAUN MCDONALD!
    By Hondo S. Carpenter Sr.

    The Lions stayed on this deal and were able to get it done moments ago.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    LIONS LAND McDONALD

    Adam Schefter of the NFL Network reports that the Lions have agreed to terms with receiver Shaun McDonald.

    McDonald, formerly of the Rams, signed a two-year, $2.8 million deal with $1.5 million in guaranteed money.

    Drafted by Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz when Martz had final say over the roster as coach of the Rams, McDonald has appeared in 56 career games, and has 106 catches for 1,215 yards and four touchdowns.

    Last year, Martz lured former Rams receiver Mike Furrey to Detroit. Furrey responded with a breakout season, and has since signed a long-term deal.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2796237

    ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions agreed to terms on a two-year contract with free agent Shaun McDonald on Monday, strengthening a receiving corps that includes Roy Williams and Mike Furrey.

    In four seasons with St. Louis, McDonald had 106 receptions for 1,215 yards and four touchdowns.

    McDonald will reunite with former Rams coach Mike Martz, Detroit's offensive coordinator.

    The 5-foot-10, 183-pound receiver had just 13 catches for 136 yards and a score last year after two productive seasons for a reserve. He had 46 receptions for 523 yards in 2004 and had three of his 37 catches were for TDs in 2003.
    Wow. Glad we got at least one of them.

    I guess the Lions wern't playing hardball with Curtis after all.
    Last edited by TacticaLion; 03-12-2007, 09:37 PM.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

  • #2
    How can anyone not like this signing? He's cheaper than Curtis, knows the offense, and now we have a solid 3rd wideout to compliment Roy and Furrey. Good move by the Lions
    Cheers to Michigan winters...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JPLUFF View Post
      How can anyone not like this signing? He's cheaper than Curtis, knows the offense, and now we have a solid 3rd wideout to compliment Roy and Furrey. Good move by the Lions
      Exactly. Agree completely.

      Cant wait to see the WRs on the field next year.
      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

      Comment


      • #4
        Good signing. The offense does not worry me at all except for the line but I think we have done a decent job filling in the holes. Still would like to see us grab Blalock if he is around when we have our second pick. The D needs instant impact playmakers. This has to be one of the better offseasons I can remember. I just hope they aren't tempted to any someone that we don't really need.


        Originally posted by supermario86
        Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

        Comment


        • #5
          :O


          Very, very awesome. Enough of the CJ talk now.
          "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Newbs24 View Post
            Good signing. The offense does not worry me at all except for the line but I think we have done a decent job filling in the holes. Still would like to see us grab Blalock if he is around when we have our second pick. The D needs instant impact playmakers. This has to be one of the better offseasons I can remember. I just hope they aren't tempted to any someone that we don't really need.
            I think the line should be even less of a concern... if they can stay healthy. Injuries were horrible last year... and we've only improved the players we have.

            IF we trade down in round 1, we can draft a slew of day 1 players... and that'll definately help the team for next year.

            Originally posted by Pocket
            :O


            Very, very awesome. Enough of the CJ talk now.
            I didn't think we'd sign him before... now I definately dont see it happening.
            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

            Comment


            • #7
              Woo-hoo!!! (Probably still means Curtis is going to blow us off)


              http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                Woo-hoo!!! (Probably still means Curtis is going to blow us off)
                Haha. He wants western-based teams... like the Eagles or the Giants.

                (A "news report" joke. Nevermind...)
                Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good signing. This is what I wanted all along. I was never a huge supporter of signing Curtis. I think Furrey earned the right to be considered #2.

                  I now fully expect Detroit to consider Johnson IF they are forced to pick at 2, but most likely, I think Detroit drafts a WR in the middle rounds. Someone like Steve Smith from USC.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2796237
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for the link... added it to the main post.
                      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nice signing

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Very nice signing. After a couple of days I realized I wanted him more than Curtis. He should be a better number 3 than anyone who played it last year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                            Very nice signing. After a couple of days I realized I wanted him more than Curtis. He should be a better number 3 than anyone who played it last year.
                            Very true.
                            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              im impressed with the type of players Detroits bringing in. We're looking like the Pistons(no real all star players, more gritty and good and play with heart). Good signing. No CJ i guess

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information