Week 9 - Jets @ Lions (+4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    SMH, Lions gave the game to the jets. This one goes on coaching right here.
    And the injuries to our good players.

Hanson
    Alphonso
    Stafford
    Best
    Avril
    "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Gah, so close again. This team seems like it's just one or two players away, which at the beginning of the season I certainly wouldn't have said. We're better, just not quite good enough. And really, this team needs to get a few wins just to learn how to finish games.

It would help if Stafford could actually stay healthy as well.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

If Stafford doesn't get hurt, I'm sure we would've won. That went so far sideways in the fourth quarter...

I hope Staff didn't dislocate or anything. Fml.
        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

does nick harris not practice extra points?
          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I had a feeling that missed XP would cost us the game. I have no clue why Harris didn't try that. I mean he has to be better then Suh, right?
            "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Lions are cursed.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                Lions are cursed.
                The curse of Bobby Layne lives on I guess. It was only suppose to last for 50 years. 1958-2008.

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
                  The curse of Bobby Layne lives on I guess. It was only suppose to last for 50 years. 1958-2008.
                  Isn't Stafford from the same high school?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    Isn't Stafford from the same high school?
                    Yes he is. The really weird thing about the curse is on the 50th year the Lions went 0-16 and the team Bobby Layne was traded to, the Pittsburgh Steelers, won the Super Bowl. Then we drafted Stafford who is from the same high school as Bobby Layne. It is just too coincidental.

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Poor coaching, that's all that was. Good job, Schwartz, we could have had that one. I don't understand the call, and i said that as they did it. How can you not choose to run and take another 40 seconds off the clock. Especially with Stanton in the game. That would have put the clock around the 1:20 mark and the drive would have been near impossible with no timeouts.

Also, to me it's blatantly obvious that they rushed Matt back. I can understand why, but its not helping us learn anything about him. It appears that he can't hold up, but who knows if he had started totally healthy. It was obvious he was still hurt throughout the Skins game too.. If nothing else comes from this it proves we can win when we have a quarterback. Hopefully a Kurt Warner could fall into our laps this off season.

Comment

Originally posted by detroitsports View Post
                        Poor coaching, that's all that was. Good job, Schwartz, we could have had that one. I don't understand the call, and i said that as they did it. How can you not choose to run and take another 40 seconds off the clock. Especially with Stanton in the game. That would have put the clock around the 1:20 mark and the drive would have been near impossible with no timeouts.

Also, to me it's blatantly obvious that they rushed Matt back. I can understand why, but its not helping us learn anything about him. It appears that he can't hold up, but who knows if he had started totally healthy. It was obvious he was still hurt throughout the Skins game too.. If nothing else comes from this it proves we can win when we have a quarterback. Hopefully a Kurt Warner could fall into our laps this off season.
                        Hell, we can win with a back up quarterback, especially when our team gets a better next year, but I agree (or maybe its just wishful thinking) that Stafford was playing hurt, I just really hope its a bruise and nothing serious!

Comment

Any word on Stafford?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                            Any word on Stafford?
                            Not yet, they just said he was very sore. We will probably find out how bad the injury is tomorrow when he sees a doctor.

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Man when it was 20-10 my hope for the rest of this season was high. Especially playing Buffalo next week. I've never lost my hope in a season so fast. Now it looks near impossible again.

Comment

It is definitely more difficult now since the Jets game would have gave us momentum. Does anyone know how Shaun Hill's shoulder is coming along? Because I haven't heard anything about him since Stafford came back and we are going to need Hill if we want a chance to win games.

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information