Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McCown

    http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...es_mccown.html

    We have heard the rumors that Oakland is interested. This article suggests that he mamy be our most valuable trade chip (over Shaun Rogers), and says that Oakland would have to give up more than normal for a backup QB.

    What would be a good price? And is he worth trading? It would potentially open the door for someone like Stanton, but at the same time, it may hurt our chances of dealing down as Oakland would likely go with CJ if they got McCown . . . hmmm

    Thoughts?
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

  • #2
    Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...es_mccown.html

    We have heard the rumors that Oakland is interested. This article suggests that he mamy be our most valuable trade chip (over Shaun Rogers), and says that Oakland would have to give up more than normal for a backup QB.

    What would be a good price? And is he worth trading? It would potentially open the door for someone like Stanton, but at the same time, it may hurt our chances of dealing down as Oakland would likely go with CJ if they got McCown . . . hmmm

    Thoughts?
    It would hurt our trade down if Oakland selects CJ... you're right about that... and giving them a QB they want will only encourage that.

    That being said, I think we'd still have trade options at #2. In other words... it would hurt us, but not THAT much. That would still leave us with Russell, Quinn, JThomas, Peterson and Adams... players that someone will want to take (two "franchise" QBs?). Even Miami could become a trade partner with Russell on the board (in my opinion).

    If they offered a 2nd or 3rd round pick, we need to take it. We'd still be able to trade down, and the pick itself is worth it.

    Just my opinion.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

    Comment


    • #3
      If Oakland took CJ, I still think Cleveland would offer up a pick to assure themselves Russell. I would imagine they like Russell over Quinn enough to give up a third rounder or something . . .
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd do it after we trade out of the #2 spot.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          I'd do it after we trade out of the #2 spot.
          agreed i wouldnt make a move wth oakland until our move down is secure. b/c if we move McCown forst then CJ is gone and our pick loses a lot of its value

          fenikz

          "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

          35-21

          Comment


          • #6
            I can't imagine Oakland being the only team interested in McCown, though.. what about Cleveland? Miami? maybe Carolina?

            I think Oakland is the only team that's willing to grossly overpay for him.. I would only do it if they offered a 2nd Rounder, and I highly doubt they would do that... a 2nd Rounder is what we'd be losing if we can't trade down since CJ is off the board.. We can't make it easy on them.
            Last edited by WMD; 03-29-2007, 01:40 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
              I can't imagine Oakland being the only team interested in McCown, though.. what about Cleveland? Miami? maybe Carolina?

              I think Oakland is the only team that's willing to grossly overpay for him.. I would only do it if they offered a 2nd Rounder, and I highly doubt they would do that... a 2nd Rounder is what we'd be losing if we can't trade down since CJ is off the board.. We can't make it easy on them.
              Good point about the trade down - 2nd pick - McCown... very true.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

              Comment


              • #8
                If Raiders give up pick #33 for McCown we riot
                Taking a Knapp.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                  If Raiders give up pick #33 for McCown we riot
                  Are you a Raiders fan or a Lions fan?

                  Raiders fan, I can see your point. Lions fan... what!?
                  Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have to believe that JaMarcus Russell still holds some value. ofr course if CJ is off the board it will hurt our pick's value, but it also means Russell is still available.. and you can't tell me the raiders are the only team that really wants him.

                    in fact, using the chance to pick JR as trade bait may increase our pick's value. I would do it if oakland is willing to pony up a pick or 2.
                    I'm Charles Rogers. I had 68 catches and 13 touchdowns

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                      Are you a Raiders fan or a Lions fan?

                      Raiders fan, I can see your point. Lions fan... what!?
                      I think his signature answers this question.

                      I'd take a 3rd for him. A pending Free Agent QB . . . we could use Oakland's 3rd to take Stanton/Edwards. I'd rather have our QB of the future than have McCown for the rest of the year and then lose him.

                      That being said, no one would be crazy enough to give us a third for him.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If Raiders bring in McCown it sure as hell doesn’t mean we will atomically draft CJ
                        Taking a Knapp.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          I think his signature answers this question.

                          I'd take a 3rd for him. A pending Free Agent QB . . . we could use Oakland's 3rd to take Stanton/Edwards. I'd rather have our QB of the future than have McCown for the rest of the year and then lose him.

                          That being said, no one would be crazy enough to give us a third for him.
                          My bad. I'm at work and can't see sigs.

                          I agree about the Stanton/Edwards comment. We trade one to get one better.
                          Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                            If Raiders bring in McCown it sure as hell doesn’t mean we will atomically draft CJ
                            why wouldnt you?

                            fenikz

                            "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

                            35-21

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
                              why wouldnt you?
                              When I read your post I had this very clear image from GTA San Andreas in my head... you know OG Loc in that game? The way he says 'It ain't Gangsta!' just popped into my head.

                              I laughed out loud, then realised there was nobody else in the room and that if there was I'd probably look pretty stupid. Then I blushed and started to write this down and as I am writing this down I do so wonder what the hell I'm talking about. I'll just stop writing now.

                              Sig by Fenikz

                              I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information